1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: Civil War" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Thanks! I was really thrilled with the film. I stand by my initial comment that it's the best MCU movie (in my opinion). It's the Marvel film that I've been waiting for since that Nick Fury tease at the end of Iron Man. All of that promise pays off in a big way here.

What would the others in your top 3 be? I'm guessing two of the following: The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of the movie, on the topic of discussing it in threads other than the Civil War talkback thread -- is using spoiler tags for 2 weeks sound good to everyone?

WHiH tweets
    • 4/27: In light of the recent cleanup progress in DC, #Newsfront revisits #NatashaRomanoff’s congressional testimony
    • 4/27: High-speed train system utilizing maglev technology makes first trip from New York City to Los Angeles
    • 4/27: Group of college students decide to spend their spring break volunteering in Sokovia
    • 4/28: Cleanup of Washington D.C. post-destruction of Triskelion complete
    • 4/28: PRES. ELLIS: "Today is a day that demonstrates the true colors of the people of Washington D.C."
    • 4/28: Thaddeus Ross gives statement commending the people of Washington D.C. on efforts to rebuild the nation’s capital
    • 4/29: In the wake of the Battle of Sokovia, many international governments are asking “Where is the #Hulk?”
    • 4/29: No winners in last night’s national lottery draw! The next drawing takes place Monday night for record amount
    • 4/29: The Vision. Human? Alien? Something else? Does it matter? #WHIH investigates
    • 4/29: #PymTechnologies announces massive layoffs as business begins again
    • 4/30: CEO Pepper Potts continues to dodge questions about rumored consumer applications for arc reactor technology
    • 4/30: Rare bird sanctuary in Costa Rica finally opens to public
    • 4/30: Anonymous buyer purchases "Captain America #1" comic signed by #SteveRogers for $1.5 million at charity auction
    • 4/30: As rumors abound of Thaddeus Ross’ entrance into politics, WHIH investigates the truth
    • 4/30: Demand grows for international oversight of the #Avengers, as debate continues
    • 5/1: Polls indicate support for legislation regulating super-powered heroes
    • 5/1: Ultimate showdown looms as teams battle for hockey championships
    • 5/1: Does #TonyStark really own the #IronMan suit, or should the government claim control?
    • 5/1: Shares of Roxxon Oil Corporation tumble after revelation of illegal drilling in Arctic
    • 5/1: Wanted fugitive and mercenary #BrockRumlow still at large

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So nobody knows what exactly Vision is? I guess you don't want to explain the part of his origin where Ultron designed and intended for Viz to be his new body to the general public :ack:.

It makes you wonder what was the "PR" for Scarlet Witch, and if anyone, outside the Avengers, knows about her involvement with Ultron and Hydra o_O.

The government still wants the Iron Man Armor? Isn't that what War Machine is for :sweat:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, one has to wonder what, if any, information the Avengers issues to the press. It doesn't look like they have an official press liaison yet.

Everhart seems to conflate buzz words into a pastiche masquerading as news, something Will seems to poke her for on the report videos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or a government liaison, which might be part of the problem :sweat:.

Well, she's always been an "opinionated go-getter" who jumps to conclusions (and in bed), so I guess I can't blame Will :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Exactly, so enter JCTC to fill the gap since SHIELD isn't revealing itself anytime soon and the ATCU's core focus is too narrow to fold over to the Avengers -- and it's the international community calling for oversight and not use the USA.

EDIT: I bought a copy of the EW April 22/29 issue and they have a summer movie preview. In it, on page 39, they hint Zemo is "still similar to what you know of Zemo, a revenge character." So definitely it sounds like he wants revenge against Cap and/or the Avengers. Hmm. Either he's ex-HYDRA like Rumlow or since this is post-Age of Ultron, maybe he's a Sokovian? Eh, probably the former.

• Like Like x 1
    #426 Yojimbo, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  7. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

The Winter Soldier and The Avengers. Objectively, The Winter Soldier is probably the best, but I personally love The Avengers most.

I actually don't love GotG as much as the rest of the world. It's very good movie, but it wouldn't make my personal Top-5 of MCU.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

The movie was released in Brazil last Thursday and I've saw it last Sunday.

It is very good. One of the best from Marvel Universe. It has some minor inconsistencies. The biggest one can be resolved if they choose a given path in future sequels.

I'm allowed to do a review in this thread using Spoilers tag?

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, we prefer you wait for the talkback thread that will be posted Thursday night at around 10 PM Eastern Time. Either James Harvey or I will post it. Thank you!

EDIT: More WHiH posts today

-New rumors hint at government funded prison built to contain “superpowered prisoners.”
    -NYC’s top surgeons are pioneering new life-saving techniques. We discuss with Dr. Stephen Strange only on #WHIH
    -Sighting of apparent #Hydra-related graffiti in local city underscores the lingering threat of Hydra
    -SOURCES: Stark Industries in talks to debut low-powered miniature arc reactor tech to fuel line of hybrid vehicles

• Agree Agree x 1
    #429 Yojimbo, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

WHIH Newsfront Exclusive: President Ellis Discusses the Avengers:

Vision and Scarlet Witch Clip:

#430 Frontier, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  11. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I saw this on Friday here in Yorkshire. It did not disappoint. Everything you expect from a big, big Marvel movie, but it still managed to make it about both the main antagonist/protagonist, without failing the characters or making one of them the clear villain, as the comic of the same name did.

What a film, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did when you get to see it :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man Christine, you always have to spin something, don't you :sweat:?

I'm sure Scott's very happy about that turn of events :p.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Indeed. The close up on Will's reaction. :d

On the news ticker - Good to see another AOS nod (the ATCU bit), Stephen Strange, another Trevor Slattery movie, Culver reopening their library years after Ross and Hulk wrecked it, Scott vindicated, Sokovia benefit concert, old documents of Dr. Erskine's found -- wow!

Then Civil War busting out already, really cool to see it happen 'live' on WHiH's viral media. Nice touch that the field reporter in Lagos was Jackson Norriss from the All Hail the King one-shot - the reporter interviewing Trevor in Seagate only to secretly be a member of the Ten Rings all along. And to end the string of posts, the Sokovia Accords released.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe that means he has an "inside scoop" as to what's going on ;)?

16. McMax

McMax Member

This gives me a bit of hope. I've gone from 100% that Cap is going to die to maybe he will be shone locked up in the raft. And Avengers3 will have him getting out to lead the fight against Thanos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #436 McMax, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.