1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: Civil War" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Release Date: May 6, 2016

Related Threads

#1 Yojimbo, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chris-Evans-May-Stick-With-Marvel-Longer-Than-We-Thought-70949.html
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=125031
    Evans discusses staying on as Cap and Stan talks about possibly taking over the mantle, with Evans saying he's willing to stay on longer if Marvel is willing to let him and Stan isn't in any rush to become the new Captain America. Makes you wonder how things will progress post-Infinity War...

I'd love to see Evans stay on as Cap for future Avengers movies or Cap solo movies, especially when this third film is already set to be more of an Avengers sequel, so I'd be happy if that ended up happening :).

They could definitely continue with Bucky as the Winter Soldier, and try their hand at making a franchise out of that. I could even see Widow carrying over to the Winter Soldier movies as a supporting cast member, if they wanted to, though considering the demand for a Widow movie I could see it being the other way around ;).

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Frontier, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the first 4quel we'll see after A:IW will be the triumphant return of RDJ as Tony Stark in Iron Man 4. Then other ancillary heroes sequels like Ant Man 2, and GotG3, and the trilogies of old will take a rest for awhile.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

From the December solicits:
    Ugh. So #1 and 2 are the adaptation of Iron Man 3 and #3 and #4 look to be of The Winter Soldier adaptation. I guess the only new story will be an Infinite Comic. Really disappointing if true.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And for a second there I was thinking they'd finally deal with the real Mandarin and have Iron Man fight him :(.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

The thing about the comic is really disappointing I feel Iron Man seriously deserves some kind of proper follow up.

Although I'm mostly saying this because I want to see Jocasta as his new assistant and then see Pepper's reaction.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, taking the Ant-Man teaser into account, I wonder if the main conflict of the movie and what divides The Avengers is that Cap finds out what Zemo is up to and tries to stop him but is unable to operate effectively under the accords, which forces his team to go rogue and why Iron Man's team has to go after them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/22: If you've already seen this movie, I hate you. :p

9/27: Chris Evans comments on Civil War at Salt Lake Comic Con.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd probably be more understanding of Superheroes having to answer to a government body or a "higher power" if I had more faith in the effectiveness and trustworthiness of fictional government's, especially in comic book properties. Heck, the whole SHIELD/HYDRA fiasco in Winter Soldier and AoS demonstrates how complete obedience and loyalty to the bigger picture or the government can have dire consequences :eek:.

Not that there shouldn't be rules for governing how Superheroes operate so it's not just a free-for-all of them acting on their own with no limits or consequences for what they do, even if it is for the common good, but I imagine those could probably be manipulated or implemented in such a way that really hampers the effectiveness of the heroes. Zemo's set to be the real villain of the film, and I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to use the accords to prevent The Avengers from being able to stop him.

I guess Tony's experience with Ultron and how badly his going off on his own without consulting anyone ended up is the main reason he's for the accords, though it kind of rings hollow to have the poster-child for avoiding government interference and retaining autonomy to be singing so different a tune now. Especially when they faced little repercussion for their involvement in the type of stuff the accords would try to prevent :rolleyes:.

I do wonder if this accord, in any way, effects street-level heroes like the Netflix heroes and Spider-Man o_O.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Since this Civil War will be much different than the comic book event it takes its name from, I'm less concerned. The movie is more about the world governments demanding accountability and oversight of known superheroes instead of the U.S. government forcing them to train and register their true identity. Since HYDRA is a lot weaker post AOU and AOS season 2, the worry of them having infiltrated in the world governments and corrupting the Accords like the did S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.0 and the World Security Council are less a concern hopefully.

A cruel intriguing twist. And it ensures he survives this movie. :rolleyes:

I think a core issue is they faced little repercussion because S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.0 was a buffer between the government and the Avengers. Coulson-era S.H.I.E.L.D. not so much. Tony likely recognizes the vacuum left by S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.0, begrudgingly accepts the need for their oversight after the fact, and the Accords are going to fill that hole.

Hmm. If anything, I think they would be branded something politically correct such as "non-affiliated vigilantes."

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Feige talks about the movie. The Spider-Man bits are nothing new (he does reaffirm though that they have contingency plans for most movies in case they can't get certain actors or characters) but he does talk about the Avengers. He says it is very much a Captain America movie and that while they do have enough to do that they have their presence known, the Avengers' roles aren't as big as the Cap characters'. He specifically says not everyone is going to get an arc or anything like that, since the movie is more focused like the last Cap film.

He also bills it as the end of the "Captain America trilogy".

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was probably the biggest fear about this movie, that it would be more of an Avengers film than a Cap film, so glad to see that being addressed and that it is definitely a Cap film :).

I guess by "Cap characters," he means Sharon, Sam, and Bucky? Or would Widow fit under that o_O?

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I'm fairy sure Widow's going to get an arc as that's been hinted at before in previous interviews. Sure Tony will get one as well if only so you can more understand his side. And since Black Panther is suppose to play a decent role he will as well. And we may get a little one for Wanda due to the Scarlet Witch being more of a wild card. I assume everyone else will be there more for action and lines and just to build it as team vs team though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

How Much Does Black Widow Know About Agent 13?

All throughout TWS Natasha kept prodding Steve to date his next door neighbor the nurse Kate. There's no way (to me at least) that she didn't know her true identity as Sharon Carter AKA Agent 13. I can't imagine that Nick Fury would assign some scrub to protect/monitor Captain America. And the Black Widow would know every top agent in S.H.I.E.L.D. Plus she knew that she was his neighbor thus she'd have to have been to his apartment a lot. Even at the end of the movie, she's still trying to push Sharon on him. What happened since AOU to make them closer? Brutasha? Afterall, he brought Sam as his plus one to Tony's party and not Sharon- which probably would've made more sense.

There needs to be a scene or a couple of scenes of Natasha and Sharon together. Maybe Natasha questioning her on why she hasn't sealed the deal with Cap- it's been a couple of years now. And Sharon being all, I would if you'd just go away. Cap is harder to get into than Fort Knox. Sharon is supposed to be Team Cap and Natasha Team Iron. Which is a big deal because Steve found out that Sharon was lying to him in TWS and he trusts Natasha with his life:). How did they become so close? And will there be time to develop Sharon as a love interest? She's technically supposed to be Cap's one true love and not Peggy.

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think meeting at Peggy's funeral and learning about Sharon and Peggy's relation is what gets the two to really start talking to each other, beyond Sharon's cover, and kickstarts the relationship :).

18. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Steve & Sharon Bonding Over Peggy's Grave.............. I Don't Know About That
    That's what creeps all the shippers out. Steve or Sharon trying to keep it in the family:oops:. It's already going to be weird if the MCU ever does Winter Widow. Natasha's already kissed Cap twice. And who knows what'll happen in this movie. It seems like either Sharon or Natasha's going to betray Steve. In the comics- Sharon does Steve in and either Black Widow's a spy for Cap or against Cap.

But what I really want to know is; why Natasha was pushing Sharon so hard in TWS. Was she just matchmaking out of the goodness of her heart. Or was there more to it.

Another way around writing Steve/Sharon is to already have them in a relationship at the start of the movie- but Steve's inexperience with women is a major plot point and skipping over the start of him seriously dating would be a Brutasha level mistake. Or rehash TWS with Sharon as Steve's C.I.A. partner. But at the end of AOU, Steve and Natasha were leading the new version of the Avengers. Of course at the end of TWS, Natasha had walked off to find herself and at the beginning of AOU she'd been handling the Hulk. Who knows what'll happen.

#18 BonnieB21:-), Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Eh, still not sure how well that works after the events of the Iron Man films and Avengers 2.

20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.