1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: Civil War" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we're probably going to get a status update on Hulk either way with Ross involved in the movie, although it seems like they genuinely want to keep some suspense as to where Banner is and what he's been up to o_O.

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I imagine where he ends up with could potentially involve one of the Infinity Stones. Because I feel we need a scene of Infinity War of the Hulk being ragdolled by Thanos to show off just how amazingly powerful the Mad Titan is.

Either way I don't think it's that big a deal especially since as the caption pointed out we still have... a dozen heroes to deal with. So I'm fine if we don't get a focus on Hulk for this one at all especially if that makes his appearance down the road mean something. Besides like with Thor appearing, it would kind of leave a bit of imbalance on whatever team they managed to get on that shouldn't be needed for this movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Even though there kind of already is an imbalance for these teams :eek:.

Considering Hulk didn't have much trouble with either Loki or Ultron, it would be nice if Thanos is the first Avengers villain that can actually really take him on (and he should be considering how strong Thanos is in the comics) :cool:.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Personally, I'm glad. The whole point of his ending in AoU was to build a mystery: where did he go? It would be lame if they revealed it just a year later. Let the mystery play out a bit first.

But yeah, would love to see Thanos fight Hulk (I can hear the crowd gasping already)

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a relief. It was already a crowded film. So that's Hulk, Wasp, and Fury who were later removed from Civil War. That frees them up to guest star on Agents of... heh heh ha ha... I couldn't finish that sentence.

Plus, Maria Hill isn't appearing in Civil War, too, as far as what's been confirmed right?

Still weird that Ross will be Secretary of State in this movie. Unless he replaced someone, I guess Ross was SoS under President Ellis since at least Ellis' second term post Iron Man 3.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

President Ellis got elected on a second term.

I can't imagine how that platform might have gone down,I know my vice president tried to kill me but I promise for more prosperity.

Odds are the original SoS replaced the Vice President from Iron Man 3.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

On "the Accords" referenced in Ant-Man, in Civil War the rumor is
    He got re-elected before Iron Man 3. In-universe, IM3 is Christmas 2012 to around New Years 2013. But that would have been pretty amusing to have to bring up during an a re-election bid.

True, good point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I wonder if Thor is appearing in this movie. I hope not though. It's a Captain America film, with Iron Man in a starring role, so I knew from the outset that I didn't want Hulk or Thor to show up too and steal more focus from Cap. I'm more than happy to have other Avengers who haven't had their own films, like Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Vision and Falcon, appear in this movie, but including too many of the franchise stars in a Cap film would be a bad move.

All that said, I'm beginning to think that this could be the best 'Avengers'-style film yet. Origins are out of the way for all of my favourite Avengers with Vision and Wanda now on the scene, so now we can have some fun with these characters and enjoy their development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I don't think Thor will appear for the same reason Hulk won't appear. It kind of undercuts the ending of Age of Ultron since the whole point was the old guard leaving and needing someone to carry on the fight for them.

10. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Haven't they confirmed that Thor 3 and Cap 3 take place at the same time?

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Um, Black Panther and Spider-Man are being introduced.

I think it was more Civil War sets up and teases Ragnarok somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I know, but I wasn't referring to them when I said that my favourite Avengers have all been introduced. Cap, Hawkeye, Vision, Wanda and Iron Man are my favourite Avengers. (Of course I still count Spidey among my favourite superheroes, it's just that I prefer him to either fly solo or work with someone like Scarlet Spider or Black Cat.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Another piece of promo art.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool poster :cool:.

Looking forward to the Team Iron Man one ;).

Though almost mistook Sharon for Widow for a second...

15. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So Olsen talks about this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=124926

Interesting that Wanda will be riding the line between hero & villian. I'm really worried about Zemo. We all know he will more than likely make an appearance as a device to the film. Still upset about Baron Strucker. Just a waste.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Red Skull and Baron Strucker didn't last long. Whitehall barely lasted half a season. I hope Zemo lasts for a longer period of time because they could use a recurring Earth villain.

17. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

This movie doesn't really need a villain, does it? I would think the Civil War would be enough, and it would make for a really unique CBM.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, I kinda feel bad that Wanda's second appearance in the MCU, and her first as a proper Avenger, will have her already going crazy (and possibly leading to the Civil War). Hasn't the poor girl gone through enough :(.

But her toeing the line might make her a neutral party in the Civil War, which would explain why she's not on either side in the promotional art o_O.
    At least Skull had a whole movie and gave Cap a run for his money. Strucker, after his build-up, just got clocked by Cap and killed by Ultron and barely contributed anything aside from the Mind Stone research (and how it led to Ultron) and the Twins. Really disappointing considering his pedigree in the comics. HYDRA could use a wakeup call, and with respect I don't think it's Ward :p.

But yeah, I'm really hoping they do well with Zemo in this movie, especially with the trend for MCU villains to not necessarily be memorable and to just end up dead by the end of the movie. Baron Zemo deserves a lot better than that :mad:.

I would also imagine there would be a benefit to keeping Zemo alive in the long-term, in order to do The Masters of Evil and the Thunderbolts down the line :cool:.

I think adding in Zemo is actually a good choice. For one, it's still a Cap movie despite also being a disguise for an Avengers movie, so having one of Cap's biggest foes pop up make sense ;).

Plus, it will give The Avengers a threat that can make them realize how fighting each other won't solve anything and that they have to band together to stop Zemo :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

You can say the same about Iron Man 3 Rory when Stark gave up being Iron Man to be with Pepper Potts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.