1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: Civil War" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Tony wants to be in charge of oversight of superheroes.

I was hoping that Civil War would include some of the MCU TV side which has quite a few supers but I'm sure they're saving Inhumans for the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Even after Age of Ultron, Tony going a lot with it still makes no sense to me. Throughout most of the movie he is completely unrepentant about Ultron and what he was trying to do. He never apologizes or answers for what he did. At one point, he even arrogantly tries to do it again thinking this time it will actually work because they use Jarvis' AI instead of the AI from the gem.

Maybe the movie will convince me, but I just don't see it.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Set photos, including I believe our first looks at Hawkeye, Iron Man, War Machine, and Ant-Man in the movie. Lang looks to have a slightly tweaked costume.

#445 RoryWilliams, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if the helmet design is a little different for Ant-Man , but I think there's more red o_O.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 1
    #448 RoryWilliams, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
  9. reflection01

The anti-registration team seems outmanned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I expected Scarlet Witch on Tony's (ahem Vision's) side. Even the red glow from War Machine's gun had me thinking it was her for a second. Oh well.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Despite a possible blossoming relationship with Vision, I doubt Wanda would go to Tony's side when she still probably hasn't resolved her anger over his involvement in what happened to her family and Ultron. Cap's team makes more sense, and Scarlet Witch could definitely bolster up their roster ;).

But it's great of finally have confirmation about the Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg rosters and who we can expect on Cap and Iron Man's sides :cool:.

Hawkeye's new costume looks cool, but I think I preferred his AoU costume...

I don't think Panther is explicitly on Tony's side, or Pro-Reg, but T'Challa's probably going to help him because Cap is protecting Bucky :eek:.

Awesome to see Sharon is on the Pro-Reg side and thus helping Steve, which means she's probably going to be getting more into the action compared to Winter Soldier and interact with Steve quite a bit. A little disappointed that it doesn't look like she's wearing her full-white catsuit from the comics, but she's still looking pretty good :).

Bucky/Winter Soldier looks weird without a domino mask o_O.

And hey! Redwing :D!

I agree that, compared to the Pro-Reg side, the Anti-Reg side doesn't look near as impressive or powerful. I guess their biggest advantage in comparison is Ant-Man being able to transform into Giant-Man and Cap's tactical skills.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting to see Sharon there but Scarlet went missing. Ant-Man being on Hawkeye's shoulder -- there better be a scene where he fires him off on one of his arrows. Mixed feelings about Hawkeye's new suit but I'll wait to see it in a trailer first. I mean, heck, I was just getting used to the AOU one. lol.

Yeah, one side seems more powerful than the other and maybe they should have introduced 50 heroes in each Avengers movie previous but on the other hand, I still think 'Civil War' is a red herring and this conflict between Avengers will be brief like end of Act 2 to start of Act 3 and well Zemo at the end. Then for the ending, it won't be totally resolved and some Avenger's will still be sore at each other. Maybe even see them become two permanent independent teams or more likely some will quit the team since Feige I think mentioned around AOU time how rosters shift in the comics all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I like Haweye's new costume - even more purple, which is certainly comic accurate. Wish that Wanda was in the art, but I'm sure there's a good reason for her absence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I find it weird we don't really see which side Wanda's on yet know that Black Panther is on Iron Man's side since last I heard he was a potential third party character not really torn with either allegiance. You'd think though we'd know where one of the big Avengers from the last movie would be in this one though. I can see though on still being unsure where Spider-Man falls in as that was one of the big things from the comics from what I recall. Part of me hopes we also see something from the CIvil War comics make there was to this film where Spidey unmasks in from of anyone and the Spider-Man reboot has everyone know who Peter Parker is. Seriously now that'd be a twist we never saw in the other 5 movies. Stll good posters for those and some where the allegiance feels off (Black Widow with Tony) makes you want to know more their stake in this which is interesting and yeah I'm fine with that being a focus for this Captain America movie.

15. reflection01

I could see them doing that because it would fit with the no secret identities in the MCU, but I really want to see a more Marvel take on Peter's HS years.

16. RoryWilliams

By all accounts, Spider-Man does not have a huge part in this movie (hence possibly why he's not on the posters). I'd be very shocked if they included the unmasking scene since Marvel has made a point of talking about how they want to explore the high school part more thoroughly.

It's kind of hard to have a relatable, normal high school experience when everyone knows you're a world-famous superhero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That, and they also might not want to display what Spidey looks like or how they're handling his first costume quite yet o_O.

As far as Spidey's involvement in the movie, it seems like it amounts to a scene with Peter at home with Aunt May, a scene of him interacting with Steve and Tony, and a fun action sequence.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Some AOU features are dropping lately. This latest one was an extended scene between Captain America and Maria Hill. It's speculative since she hasn't been confirmed for Civil War yet but the scene at least seems to have been intended to help foreshadow the movie.

19. reflection01

Is the Director's Cut still unlikely?

20. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

According to Whedon, not happening anytime soon.

One thought occured to me with Spidey and Aunt May, what if she knows Peter's Spidey? That could be a little bit of a surprise than the entire public.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.