1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Canon in D: Part Ten(PG-13)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by SilentBob173, May 5, 2001.

1. SilentBob173

SilentBob173 Yes, a world screams.

Its been a long while coming, I know but here's part 10 for your reading pleasure. The first installment from me on the revived boards, which I'm not a fan of, but I don't own them, so I won't complain. Enjoy.
    Cheers.
    Jason S

--

The courtroom door opened. There stood four armed officers, and in the middle of them, a handcuffed and uniformed Two-Face. On his right side, his face appeared tired, but pleasant. The left side, however, did not seem to look as if it wanted to be there.

The officers led him to the stand. Harvey sat down and made himself comfortable. A Bible was put in front of him.

“Harvey Dent, do you sw—“

“Two-Face.”

“Pardon?”

“Ahem... Two-Face, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?”

Two-Face looked at them awkwardly for a moment. He scowled and then reached into his pocket. With a flick of his fingers, his coin was in the air and then landed back in his hand. He looked at it for a moment.

“Sure.”

Bruce Wayne stood up in his seat. “Harvey, I know you’ve h—“

“Two-Face. My name is two face. Harvey isn’t here.” His graveled voice sent a chill down all their spines.

Bruce furrowed his brow. He breathed then spoke again. “Two-Face, this subpoena was for Harvey Dent. With your blessing, may we speak with him?”

Once again his coin was in the air and landed back within his palm.

“Yes?”

His voice was no longer the graveled sound from before. It was pleasant and soothing. Harvey Dent was behind the wheel now.

“Harvey, we’re aware that you had been in contact with Joker on numerous occasions, correct?”

“Yes.”

“What is your personal opinion of Mr. Napier?”

“I don’t know ‘Mr. Napier’. I know the Joker.”

“Your opinion of him, then.”

“A monster. A person so foul that I, myself, am afraid to be around him. He is without reason. I am not a good man, by any accounts, but even now, simply looking at him curdles my blood. He is insanity shaped like a man.”

“And what is your opinion of his alleged rehabilitation.”

“When I heard it. I dismissed it. In both of my minds, there was no probable way I could comprehend it to be true.”

“Is that all?”

“No. I look at him now, and I see the tormented and aged look upon his face. Its a look I’m not unfamiliar with. I see it every day in the right side of my cell mirror. It’s the face of a man desperately fighting demons that rip away at his insides with razor-sharp claws out a daily bases.” He let out a sigh. “If he is rehabilitated, then I think he, more than anyone on the damn planet, deserves reconciliation for the years that he has been lost. And given the chance, I would throw myself to be first in line to offer it to him. It is the calmness of the soul that I, myself, long for so intensely, but will never find. He has my every blessing.”

Bruce looked at Harvey with understanding eyes.

“No further questions, your Honor.”

--

Bruce walked down the winding staircase of the Batcave. The court had been called to recess while the jury were excused to reach a verdict.

He heard a commotion coming from inside the cave. Dick was training. He turned a corner and saw Dick giving various blows to the stuffed dummies that he had positioned all around him. There was something different about his actions, however. They were overly aggressive, filled with hatred. There was something wrong.

Dick caught glimpse of Bruce as he walked closer. Dick let out a loud growl and jumped in the air performing a very impressive roundhouse kick. He landed back on the ground, and, not too long afterward, so did the severed heads of three dummies.

“Bad day?” Bruce offered.”

“Screw you?”

“What’s up your ass?”

Dick grabbed a towel and began patting off his sweat.

“You! You are! How could you side with him. How in a million years could you ever support him?”

“Look, Dick, he’s—“

“Rehabilitated. Yeah, I know, I know. I’ve already heard that part. But after how much pain he’s caused us; this city, there’s no way he deserves to walk.”

“Dick—“

“Save it, Bruce. God, just save it.”

Dick threw his towel down.

--

This was the moment that the entire country was anticipating. Camera crews from at least two dozen news sources were in attendance.

After a while, the jury filed in and took their seats.

The judge spoke. “Have you reached a verdict?”

One man of the jury stood. “We have, your Honor.”

--

Dick sat watching the television at Wayne Manor. His hands were folded and his eyes were fixated on the television.

--

The jury member looked at his paper and recited what was written. “In the case of The people v. Jack Napier, we find the Defendant, Jack Napier, not guilty.”
    --

Dick buried his face and his hands. He got up from his seat walked to the door, grabbed his coat, and, with the slam of the door, he was no longer in the picture.

--

-JS

2. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Member

You could always count on Dick getting pissed off. Good post!

3. Daughterof_Evil

Daughterof_Evil Soul meets body

Good way to put it, Zero. Dick is a surely reliable short fuse. I like how Two Face flipped his coin to decide whether to swear on the Bible. That was so hilarious. I could totally see him doing that.

So, when are we going to see more? Soon, I hope!

4. Eve

Eve Guest

Need more , need more need moreee

5. witness

witness I am always watching.....

HEY SILENTBOB!

it's great to see your story! i enjoyed this part very much. i too, also loved the part with two-face flipping his coin to see if he should swear on the bible or not. that was great! i, of course, cannot believe that the jury found him not guilty! what will the public see him as? will he be able to find peace in this city, or any city? nahhhhh...........it'll probably drive him crazy again. heh. i can't wait for the next post!