1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian TV Channels Schedule Updates

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Ryan, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well known for talking about Canada.

So Teletoon decided to air 1 week sneak peek of Hotel Transylvania: The Series in October 2nd before the official premiere in October 7th.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ryan

YTV will be premiering 3 Disney movies in October 3-5.

October 3rd - Oliver and Company
    October 4th - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
    October 5th - The Aristocats

BTW here's the promo for the Disney Animated Movies that aired on YTV.

And also Unis TV will premiere Season 7 of Ramdam in October 9th, and Season 1 of Les p'tets diables (Sweet Little Monsters in English) in December 15th.

And the English title for Les p'tets diables is a bit legit.

And note that the word "t*ts" I replaced as "tets"

• Like Like x 1
  3. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

That reminds me the time when CBC used to airs reruns of 1970s-1980s sitcoms like All in the Family, Three's Company, WKRP, Welcome Back Kotter, Family Matters on weekdays afternoons.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ryan

I know that CBC used to air Simpsons reruns.

5. Ryan

So all of the Family Channel brands (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, and Family Jr.) will be airing the Charlie Brown specials.

Like I already mentioned about Family Channel airing Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Family CHRGD will air it in October 3rd, and Family Jr. will air it in October 7th.

So when will we get the new Peanuts show to air on all Family Channels?

6. Ryan

Here's the YTV promo for Inside Out.

In just a few minutes, CBC will premiere this movie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Why do they constantly recycle TV spots? Anyway, Disney Channel will premiere it in October.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

I guess I should drop my pink coloured glasses, I got the impression then the older YTV tv spots was better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ryan

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water premieres on YTV in October 8th.

10. Ryan

This Thankgiving Day here in Canada on October 9th, YTV will air a marathon of SpongeBob all day, all I can see right now is they're airing the specials (Runaway Roadtrip and Truth or Square) the first two motion picture movies, and possibly some episodes.

Keep in mind that YTV broadcast the Truth or Square special in a stupid letterboxed, which they lacked being HD.

And also on that day, Teletoon will air a marathon aka a spam of Teen Titans Go!

11. Ryan

Here is a promo for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It will air tonight on Family Channel at 6pm.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ryan

FAMILY CHANNEL FRIGHTS AND DELIGHTS WITH FRIDAY THE 13TH PROGRAMMING EVENT

LINEUP FEATURES PROGRAMMING FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY INCLUDING HALLOWEEN SPECIAL DARK HAVEN HIGH AND THE RETURN OF THE NEXT STEP

Toronto, 2 October 2017 – This Friday the 13th, Family Channel delivers the thrills and the chills, treating viewers to a spook-tacular programming event the entire family will enjoy. Headlined by the return of fan-favourite series The Next Step, the eerie-sistable evening is stacked with festive classics, terror-ific episodes and the never-before-seen Halloween special, Dark Haven High. The excitement begins on Friday, October 13 at 4 p.m. ET/PT with the Peanuts classic, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Nia Roam and Julia Tomasone star in the new original special Dark Haven High.For more images, please visit DHX Television’s media centre.

Below is a chronological listing of detailed programming information for Friday, October 13. All times ET/PT.

It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – Halloween Special – 4 p.m.
    Airing exclusively on Family in Canada, this animated special follows the Peanuts gang as they celebrate Halloween. Charlie Brown is finally invited to a Halloween party; Snoopy engages the Red Baron in a dogfight; and Linus waits patiently in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin.

The Next Step – “East Meets West” – Mid-Season Premiere – 4:30 p.m.
    At long last, TNS East and TNS West face off to see which troupe will represent The Next Step at Regionals. While Emily thinks she has a secret weapon, Noah sees a new side of Jacquie’s personality. The second half of season five continues to explore relationships and boundaries as the dancers focus on their routines and work through studio drama. Fans wondering which team they belong to can pirouette over to Family.ca to take the brand new quiz, “TNS East or West?”

Dark Haven High – New Halloween Special – 5 p.m.
    Estranged best friends, Dylan (Julia Tomasone, Backstage) and Maddy (Nia Roam, Oh Yuck!) find themselves relunctantly united as they attempt to unravel the mystery of a rash of supernatural occurances and reports of mutants that threaten Dark Haven High. The Canadian original also stars Colin Petierre (Backstage), Jake Sims (Raising Expectations), Emilia McCarthy (Zapped) and Jesse Sukunda (Gaming Show (In My Parents Garage)).

Deadtime Stories: Grave Secrets – New Movie – 5:30 p.m.
    When four friends set out to bury a dead bird, they dig up a grave that’s already occupied and discover a frightening secret about the scary old lady next door.

Edward Scissorhands – Feature Film – 7 p.m.
    When a scientist dies before he finishes building an animated human being, the gentle Edward (Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Carribean franchise), is left with a freakish appearance complete with scissor blades intead of hands. But when a suburban saleswoman discovers Edward, she takes him home where he falls for her daughter, Kim (Winona Ryder, Stranger Things).

Throughout October, Halloween programming continues to haunt Family Channel with fang-tastic movies like Coraline, A Monster in Paris, The Great Ghost Rescue, Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred, Dragon Hunters and When Good Ghouls Go Bad, premiering every Friday. Then, on October 31, boys and ghouls won’t want to miss an entire day of spooky specials from the network’s most popular shows. Series include: Hank Zipzer, Monster High, The Adventures of Puss & Boots, All Hail King Julien, Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks, Raising Expectations, Dr. Ken, Speechless and more.

For those who want to watch on the go, The Family Channel App will be filled with Halloween specials including Dark Haven High and new episodes of The Next Step, beginning October 13. Halloween programming will also be offered on Family OnDemand. Please visit Family.ca for a complete schedule.

https://www.dhxmedia.com/trade-news/family-channel-frights-delights-friday-13th-programming-event/

13. Ryan

Banner for Season 2 of New Looney Tunes (formally known as Wabbit) from the Teletoon website, plus they the website changed the page from Wabbit to New Looney Tunes.
    Screenshot-2017-10-2 HOME teletoon com.png
    No Halloween stuff as of yet for the Corus kids channels. See my next post.

#173 Ryan, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  14. Ryan

Here are some YTV promos and one from Disney XD Canada in glorious Full HD!

• Like Like x 1
  15. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

It already premiered here on SIC last Christmas or last Easter.

16. Ryan

Here are 2 more YTV promos.

I Am Frankie premieres November 6th at 6pm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ryan

More YTV promos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ryan

I'm not confirmed if Teletoon will be airing any Halloween movies or specials this year.

But the French Teletoon feed did upload a promo for The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror with the Halloween graphics. But I know that they will be airing Season 28 in October 19th.

They recently aired Season 2 of Inspector Gadget, has yet to air on it's English feed.

Also Season 3 of Camp Lakebottom premieres October 16th on it's French feed, too bad they pulled it on it's English feed.

Wonder if Corus still owns the rights to the Dreamworks Halloween specials, the 2 monster themed Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, and Dear Dracula.

19. Ryan

Family Channel has recently rebranded last week. They finally getting a screen bug, and new bumpers.

20. Ryan

Here's a banner for the Teen Titans Go marathon that aired on Teletoon yesterday.

Screenshot-2017-10-10 HOME teletoon com.png
    12 Hours of Teen Titans Go!? What were they thinking?!

• Funny Funny x 1