1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend a good video editing software?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, May 23, 2016.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm looking for a good free video editing software, as I'm seeking to upload some videos to Youtube (or at least just to tinker with on my computer).

Every software I've found so far seems to look free at first, but after installing it, I find it says it's only free for a "7 day trial period", and then they expect you to buy it.

Is there not any video editing software out there that's JUST "free"? Or would I be better suited plunking down some cash for a good quality video editing software?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I've heard Lightworks is good but you will need to learn it a bit. The only difference between the paid and free version is the outputting (4K quality for paid)

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

All the free video editors are terrible; they're either glitchy, lack important features, or are needlessly complex to use (I know this from years of experimenting). It's better to just go buy one of the fancy ones.

Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, and Sony Vegas MAGIX are the top 3 recommendations.

EDIT: Huh. Looks like Vegas is joining the MAGIX family. That's a surprise.

#3 Daikun, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

I agree, all free video editors ain't that great.

I use AVS Video Editor for all of my CN promo uploads on YouTube, it has less features than Vegas and Adobe Premiere but it's a lot cheaper and certainly does the job for the average home user who wants to upload videos on YouTube.