1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Tokyo Ghoul √A - "Ken" [SERIES FINALE] [9/30]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Kitschensyngk, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

This show felt longer than it actually was. Touka barely did anything this season, and we didn't get to have any resolution for Hinami, the one Ghoul character I really liked. See you all for Iron-Blooded Orphans season 2.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Well, this waste of a half-year is finally over.
    Let's enjoy a recap of the series we just watched.

See you next week, Gundam. Now I have a reason to watch 12:30 again.

3. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

An okay season 2 finale,

A sweet last moment for Ken/Hideyoshi, Hideyoshi knew he was a ghoul, surprising, and his sad death, he'll be missed:crying:, poor Ken.

Love Arima, awesome/interesting of the Ghoul Investigators.

Touka was so useless though, still a worst female protagonist:shrug:, both Kudelia/Atra, Mikasa/Sasha/Ymir/Historia, and Hinami/Akira/Rize are more better than her though, she'll develop to be less witchy for Ken.

Poor Anteiku burned down.

Ken vs. Arima, he'll get captured though.

I'll miss Tokyo Ghoul, but Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 shows up, I'll enjoy it.

#23 Radical, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  4. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

That's all folks.

Seriously, how many dangling plot threads do we have? Coffee shop guy and his daughter got spit out by a ghoul last episode and that plot point never got followed up on. The whole human-ghoul relations plot got no resolution at all. Just a bunch of sad things happened to flat characters we don't care about. It's supposed to be a big deal that Kaneki's best friend who hardly shows up dies.

5. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

You guys realize "no resolution" and "dangling plot threads" don't actually exist when the story is based on an ongoing manga, right? There's gonna be a third season, and Toonami is gonna air it. Hate to break it to you. When your anime is popular enough to get a live action movie, it's gonna get several more animated seasons. Look on the bright side - Toonzone's favorite pastime of hating really popular anime on Toonami is in no danger of going away!

6. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I doubt that Root A will get a follow up because it flopped hard in Japan. It's been two years with no announcement of a sequel. It's dead, dead, dead. Also, Root A was only extremely loosely based on an ongoing manga. I'm sure that if there were a sequel, people would prefer a Book of Circus/Kyoto Saga continuation of the first season that ignores Root A. As for shows hated by Toonzone, Root A is pretty much the only universally hated show (Okay there are a few JoJo detractors, but the fans in the JoJo board are extremely passionate. JoJo is at least way more fun than this poorly-written, angsty mess. Lupin and HunterXHunter seem to have one vocal detractor each, compared to the larger number of dedicated and casual fans.) It's obvious that Toonzone doesn't hate all popular anime, it's an issue with Root A specifically.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a terrible ending. I must have missed an episode because I haven't a clue who that is who stood up to fight Kaneki in the final scene.

I was intrigued with why Eto saved Yoshimura. I highly doubt it was familial bonds and based on her form, she's been eating other Ghouls. So if she fed on Dad... she'd get a whole lot stronger. Is Yoshimura what Aogiri wanted all along?

I might have to look for the manga unless Toonami is going to co-produce the next season.

8. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

If Toonami were to co-produce a continuation to an anime, I'd imagine they'd do Bleach because of its former status as the block's most popular show. Bleach: The Final Act might do Samurai Jack level ratings.

9. Scrappy-Fan92

Shows that Toonami could feasibly resurrect might be a good idea for a thread.

10. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I think I'll do that.

11. Villano

Villano Member

I didn't think I'd enjoy this series when it started, but I ended up liking the first season a lot. Season 2, however, was just a mess. I had no idea what was happening half the time, and I honestly didn't care. It didn't feel like they followed up on anything from the first season. It was just "stuff happens", "more stuff happens" and "other stuff happens" and then, for the finale, they went with the bold choice of "nothing happens". It was one of the most pointless finales I've seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Season 3 confirmed? Considering the fact that it's adapting the Re:Manga, how is this going to be handled? Is it going to follow the plot of Root A and try to somehow merge its alterations with the manga plot? Is it going to do a Book of Circus/Kyoto Saga thing where Root A is ignored. If they do the latter, that would mean that anime viewers would have to read the manga to find out how the original series ends as RE is like Tokyo Ghoul: The Next Generation with a completely different cast of characters. Root A is going to make adapting RE a mess.

14. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

My feelings on a season 3 in a nutshell

IT'S NOT GONE FROM TOONAMI YET!

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I've been resisting going to the manga but this Book of Cicrus/Kyoto Saga takes place between Root A and RE?

16. Scrappy-Fan92

Would Toonami even be interested in another season of Tokyo Ghoul?

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe; they usually end up airing sequels to shows they've aired unless ratings were downright bad, or they're unable to air the sequel due to another channel/website getting exclusive rights.

18. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Book of Circus and Kyoto Saga are the third seasons of Black Butler and the second season of Blue Exorcist. These seasons started the trend of ignoring the part of the show that diverged from the manga and follow up from the last episode that was faithful to the manga. I'm thinking Tokyo Ghoul might do this and skip Root A. The problem is that they may do a faithful RE adaptation without adapting the chapters before RE takes place. It would be like the Dangan Ronpa debacle (that show had a first and third season but no second season. Make sense?)

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I see. That's kind of... lame. So this RE is going to be like a time skip/soft reboot.

20. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

There will be timeskip. Expect non-manga fans to be completely lost if they follow the manga.

• Informative Informative x 1