C&C - The Venture Bros. - "Hate Floats" [6/30]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Mog, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Mog

Mog -_-

I can't really figure the title out, except for the obligatory feces joke.

2. DragonPup

DragonPup New Member

I loved the beginning with the henchmen whose numbers I can never remember. :D

3. ignignokt34

ignignokt34 Mcguirk The Jerk

Perhaps the title has something to do with the floating cucoon. (did i spell that right?)

As for the actual episode i really liked. Favorites were everything with 21 (or 24, i forget, the fat henchman) especially the nerd stuff, the singing at the start. And Phantom Limb, he's really startin to grow on me, i used to not like him but he's a really good character.

And the writing is really good! They've taken all the familariaty of the first season. (Hilarious super villian plot agianst Dr. Venture with funny results, rinse and repeat) What's gonna happen with Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend, what about Brock and Phantom Limb, will Dr. Venture be without an eye for the rest of the series?! Tune in next week for the thrilling...

4. creeper

creeper Active Member

OMG.....Brock questioning Dr. Girlfriend's original gender was great. The henchmen suiting up theme song was so geekish it was funny. Did he actually pretend to press buttons? I like that the new henchman actually used guns.

Phantom limb was so awesome. I now see what happens to the competant villians.

5. delariean

delariean New Member

I busted out laughing when the Monarch started with that Can you read My Mind crap from the original Superman Movie...ust in time for the release of the new superman:lol:

6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Sup?

This episode was a hoot!

Geek culture, ghetto henchmen, hilarious banter on all sides, and Brock gets in some nice kills, my favorite being the one with the caulk gun (I don't know if that's how you spell it).

7. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

That "theme song," BTW, was "Mars, the Bringer of War" from Holst's The Planets. Excerpt here.

8. GMB

GMB Thanks Ants. Thants.

I think it might be a reference to the movie "Hope Floats," or a joke on the title, maybe.

9. v1cious

v1cious Haters gonna hate

DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN ~DUN-DUN-DUN...

that was hilarious, way better than last week.

10. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Ok, since when does Brock ever get taken out so freakin' easily? In the first season, he ate a poison dart sandwich, got rammed by a truck, and was sucked into space.

In this season, he passes out with just ONE BULLET.

Wha-- :confused:

11. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins New Member

You forget the one cloralhydrate laced cigarette took down Brock also.

12. NickWhiz1

NickWhiz1 New Member

Super funny **** right here.

Hooray for new Venture Bros!

13. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Great episode, nice to see the boys back as their usual selves, with quite a bit of interesting development with the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend.

I wonder if the Monarch will continue to stick with ghetto henchmen... Probably not, but that kind of new recruit I did not see coming, especially based on the initial impression I got from the episode description.

14. MacGyver

MacGyver New Member

Another great episode.

The Monarch was brilliant as usual. The parody of Superman was great. His new henchmen were great as well. I loved seeing 21 and 24 suited up again. And 21's room was a riot.

Good stuff with Brock and Phantom Limb. The two of them getting along and assaulting the cocoon was quite good. I also got a big kick out of Brock questioning Dr. Girlfriend's gender.

But, this episode raises a question for me. How good of a job did Dr. Venture do of filling the boys' memories again? Or are there drawbacks to the constant cloining, such as memory loss? They must know who Dr. Girlfriend is. After all, they were in the Monarch's lair as his captives in "Dia de los Dangerous"; Hank definetly saw her in "Are You There God, It's Me Dean?"; and they should also know who she is after "Trial of the Monarch". On top of that they don't really seem to recognzie the Monarch or his men. Not based on the drive-by, but just past encounters period. However, I've no doubt this will addressed later.

Just a great episode. This show never disappointed last season, and I doesn't seem like it will at all this season.

15. ignignokt34

ignignokt34 Mcguirk The Jerk

Don't forget that the Phantom Limb also says that he has a blowgun dart, two sharks teeth, a tip of a bayonet, a twisted paper clip and a meager hand full of buck shot. Although i don't know what buck shot is. I probably heard him wrong.

16. CaptainRed

CaptainRed (^)< Honk!

I can't believe they did that. Totally out of left field, but completely perfect.

Also loved how the Monarch's dialogue instantly cleaned itself up as soon as he got out of prison. Almost as funny as when he started cursing when he got in prison. And the bits with the two henchmen were awesome.

The only thing that slightly irked me was that Dr. Venture was inexplicably back in one piece. :¬)

Still, laughed a lot. Even more than last week, the Ventures are back.

17. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins New Member

Good episode, 9 out of 10. Though I wonder if Dr. Venture is going to be wearing the eypatch for the next few episodes. Brock had some great one liners in this episode.

Brock, "Happy fif... sixteenth birthday."

Brock, "...And I thought you were going to say, lock and load."
    Phantom Limb, "The night is still young."

Brock, "I am keeping the netgun, it the first one to actually work. Usually they just mess of their hair.

Brock to Dr. Girlfriend, "I am still looking for the scars."

And about Dr. Girlfriend, Phantom Limb is a genius doctor and he stated he checked her out, so we know it must have been a quality job.

And it seems Hank and Dean have selective memory problems.

Actually that's what Phantom Limb said. Probably curiousity drove Phantom Limp (besides saving Dr. Girlfriend) to see how many bullets and such were in Brock.

18. Nin-Nin69

Nin-Nin69 [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]

That was by far the funniest episode of VB ever made. The henchmen singing before taking off. Dean in the Jump Suit. Dr. Venture getting his eye knocked out of it's socket. The new henchmen. Phantom Limb with Brock. Hulk Hands. Oh man I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through.:D

19. Dub

Dub BOB-OMB!

I would assume that "Hate Floats" is a pun on the movie title "Hope Floats" :)

20. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter New Member

That was great! From the start with the suit-up sequence (21 and 24) all the way to the end at the cocoon, it was all great! The fight sequence at the shopping mall was awesome... heh, you pick up henchmen from the street and that's what the Monarch gets.

Awesome stuff. 8 out of 10 for "Hate Floats."