C&C - The Boondocks - Season 4 - Talkback

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Jazz1000, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 Playing it Cool, bro!

New Episodes on Adult Swim 10:30p/9:30C
    [video=youtube;r6GRGEw7P9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GRGEw7P9I[/video]

SATURDAYS AT 10:30p/09:30

- This is The Talkback For Season 4 that Aired April 21, on Adult Swim​

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  2. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I know Aaron McGruder didn't work on this season, but is this really the final Boondocks season?

3. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Maybe. It looks like it at the moment.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Well, its been almost four years since the last new episode, but The Boondocks finally returns with new episodes. As you may have heard, show creator Aaron McGruder won't be involved in this season. This is also apparently the final season for the show. Luckily, we get 20 episodes this season, instead of the usual 15. What changes are in store for this season? Tune in at 10:30 PM Eastern to find out.

Episode 4.01:"Pretty Boy Flizzy"

4. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Forgive me for being a tad apprehensive about this year, what with creator McGruder gone.

It's weird, this show coming on at 9:30 Central time. How many kids are still up?

Dang, they gave him the Kricfalusi treatment. Took his creator credit out of the opening.

Why can't they just urinate on underage fans like in the old days?

Uhh...remember what happened in "Tom, Sarah & Usher"? Do we really want to go through that again?

I think PBF would get arrested for making Jazmine want to UGGGH.

I thought taking a stand is what she wanted!

Uhhh...if A Pimp Named Slickback couldn't fix him...

I know where this goes. He gets the snot beaten out of him by his entourage.

Why'd you leave him in the house with her?

Well, he's still got a promising career in the reality show biz. Get that Flava Flav money.

I smell an N-word moment.

HOW could you like him? He's a misogynist!

Sheesh, at least when John K left Ren and Stimpy, they stuck HIS creator credit at the very end. McGruder doesn't even get a mention here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

This episode was pretty good. Shame Aaron McGruder isn't on board anymore.

"Things could be worse. I could be that guy." "Man, that's you." That part had me rolling.

Oh dang, Tom went ham on Fizzy. Though it seems that was Fizzy's plan so Tom could get his wife back.

6. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I guess they overdid it on the bleeps due to the early timeslot.

Something just seemed wrong with some of the facial animation.

7. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I think the only thing bleeped out was the f-bombs.

8. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

I could be wrong, but remember when Flizzy and Sarah were talking about replacing the word bleeped out in his song with "cake". I think that was the P-word.

9. shany94a

shany94a Malfunctioning Unit

Easily the weakest of the Boondocks season premieres - just felt tonight's story was done before with Usher, and Tom being counseled by a Pimp Named Slickback, in Season 2's "Tom, Sarah and Usher".

Tom, you still a b-tch. And not enough Uncle Ruckus tonight.

10. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Maybe I don't remember the Usher episode, but tonight's guest was obviously a Chris Brown expy and I relished it for that.

You can really tell Aaron is gone when Sarah gets more than thirty seconds of screentime.

11. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

I agree this episode was a rehash of the Usher episode from season 2

still, thought it was OK

nice jab at Chris Brown, as well as the Bony and Clyde syndrome

12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Great/hilarious episode which is a rehash of the Tom,Sarah,and Usher episode, but more better than it, I'll be enjoying both The Boondocks season 4/Rick and Morty, welcome back The Boondocks,

The highlights:

Huey is the best awesome voice of reason.
    Both Riley, Granddad(Robert), Sarah, Uncle Ruckus, Ed Wuncler, Sr., Cindy, and Colonel H. Stinkmeaner are my favorite obnoxious jerkholes.
    Pretty Boy Flizzy being a Chris Brown reference.
    Both Tom/Sarah getting major roles in the episode, sweet.
    Nice to see Uncle Ruckus who's hilarious:D, hahahahahahaha.
    Sarah being a terrible jerkette/witch wife for poor Tom like always.
    Tom kicking both Granddad(Robert)/Sarah's butts after his Crowning Moment of Awesome from A Date With The Booty Warrior was sweet, go Tom, Tom the best buttmonkey character to stand up/fight back, I hope Tom kicks Riley's butt too further episodes.
    The facial animation did looked wrong there.
    Pretty Boy's plan to make Tom reunite with Sarah, nice.
    Sarah apologizing to Tom was nice.

Next episode preview - A money problems episode and Uncle Ruckus's major focus, sweet.
    A shame Aaron McGruder is gone from the show and I'll be sad that Caesar(Huey's best friend) doesn't show up in the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

I thought that this episode was better than "Tom, Sarah and Usher", honestly. Didn't seem nearly as mean spirited this time around. Tom is finally starting to develop a backbone. We'll have to see how long that lasts. In addition, we also get to see Sarah for more than 3 minutes of the episode. Also a plus.

But man, Aaron Macgruder's created by credit is removed form the shows' opening title sequence. I read that he wasn't involved with this season's production, but that really says it.

14. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Figment of Your Imagination

I was really unimpressed by this. The animation overall was not good and the facial animation looked awful.

The story was okay. Midway through the story, I was ready to say it sucked, but the ending saved the episode for me. It was certainly better that the animation.

15. Rocky1125

Rocky1125 New Member

Good episode. So far, doesn't seem like anything is amiss.

Honestly, I don't think a show like Boondocks will lose much even with the creator being gone. Just the type of show it is. It's job is to parody black culture.

I'm sure it'll do just fine, with or without Aaron.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Has word come out as to why? Did he get fired because he was dragging his feet on this season for too long?

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I think this is better than the Usher episode as well. Tom's possibly the nicest character in the whole show, he deserves to come out on top, and I'm glad he did here.
    Good to have this show back.

18. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

Sony's official answer was "a mutually agreeable production schedule [with McGruder] could not be determined." So yeah, pretty much. Though it's worth noting that even for Season 3, Sony specifically told Aaron to not call it the final season, and Aaron said neither Sony or Cartoon Network were the reason the show was ending, and that it was instead due to him. Along with that we have him producing two live-action pilots for Adult Swim during the period season 4 production work should have already been underway, and it's fair to say Aaron likely didn't want to continue the show and was torn between it and his new live action Black Jesus show airing this year.

By the way, he posted a statement a month back about leaving the show behind on it's final season.

And we have Angela Nissel and Meghann Collins listed as two new "Consulting Producers" of the series, with Angela writing this episode. the next episode to air, featuring the Freeman's in debt in a Breaking Bad parody, actually doesn't have a writing credit at all. Oh, and for anyone curious about Caesar, Huey's best friend in the comic, showing up, he won't. Jon Jackson recently posted on the Adult Swim forum that he makes no appearance.

19. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

People been waiting on Caesar for years, haha.

20. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

It's crazy to think it's been over 8 years since the little dude has shown up in anything.