C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Under the Three Moons" [1/26]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watch a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 17 -
    Number 117

Under the Three Moons

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Ilana feels homesick as winter arrives in Illinois.

Last time on Sym-Bionic Titan...

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

2. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Wow, didn't know some people use the word "tubular" anymore.

Ilana missed a good decade.

3. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

IT'S SNOWING!! (Incidentally, we got some snow this week here in the DC area).

Not another flashback episode! ....Oh, guess not.

"I bet my life on it."

Funny you should say that.

Dang. Newton could give Dexter's dad a run for his money in snowball fighting.

4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Why... didn't Octus think of that sooner? Then again, it wouldn't make for interesting enough character designs.

5. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Heck, couldn't he just have manifested his own tuxedo?

But hey, Slim Newton is cool.

6. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Poor Kimmy...

7. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Okay, that twist on the hold-up-the-boombox cliche was pretty damn good.

8. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Good deal on mattresses, cause they couldn't get the rights to Peter Gabriel.

Well that's a downer for Octus.

9. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

I just love that his expression never changes when he holds up the boom box. That's what makes it funny to me.

10. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Now Octus knows he has a heart. Because it's breaking.

Maybe going to that mattress sale will cheer him up.

11. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

It is a bitter sweet episode for me. I thought it was well written, it had some funny moment and yes Octus is becoming human, first of all was he reaction to his prank on Archie, and than the snowball. They should have done an episode when robots want to enslave humanity and try to put peer pressure on him to join his kind.

But Newton and Kimmy broke up, my favorite couple, NO, NO, NOOOOOOO! God dam it, they should bring that henchmen back to life and kill him again, it is all his fault.

12. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

My same thoughts exactly.

Ok, maybe not the Dexter's part, but the snowbeatdown was awesome.

I suppose he couldn't project one right out in the open, and blow everyone's cover. He was already being fitted by the tailor (who should have know better).

On one hand, i do feel bad for poor... whatever robot type Octus is. Human emotions are hard enough to deal with already. A robot trying to understand and use them is tough. Add to the mix that his (ex?) girlfriend is right - Octus is keeping secrets from her. How can there be a true bond of trust, when that secret needs to be kept for her safety?

On the other hand, it does avoid some particularly weird relationship issues.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

The breakup between Octus and Kimmy is really sad. They genuinely care about each other, but keeping this secret and having to leave before going to the dance was just too much for Kimmy to handle. Their relationship is my favorite aspect to this series since it does make Octus more human, so seeing the breakup is pretty sad. Hearing Octus call Kimmy all of those pet names at the beginning still makes me giggle. Illana using the dance to create her own harvest festival dance and not getting there in time was pretty sad, but at least that led to a nice moment between Lance and Illana.

14. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

If there is a flaw for Sym-Bionic Titan, it's that they ignore Ilana's character arc in comparison to the other two, so she was hurting for an episode. True, most of the heartwrenching and emotional impact is the Octus/Kimmy romance, though that was equally as engaging. I adore them together and to see them break up is upsetting. However, I also love that Kimmy does have a legitimate justification for ending it instead of something cheap; Octus is keeping secrets from her and it's become so frequent that she suspects. He's not telling her - he can't tell her, and that's why it won't work out. I have no idea what would have happened between the two should Season Two had existed, but they've both come a long way to becoming better, rounded characters.

However, they didn't skimp on Ilana's story either, even if it's a bit subdued in comparison to the Octus/Kimmy plot. She's homesick and the best way to cure the blues is to express her culture through a school dance. She puts so much effort into it with smashing success, so it's even more bittersweet when she doesn't get the chance to see how well it went. That's why this may also be my favorite ending of the show; Lance approaching Ilana to dance (especially after all his negativity earlier) as a kind gesture shows how far these two have come as well. It's a great feel-good moment and definitely one of the most heartwarming.

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Aw, only three episodes to go. They're gonna knock the wind out of you, though. Just wait.