C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Shadows of Youth" [11/24]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watch a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 8 -
    Number 108

Shadows of Youth

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Lance flashes back to his time at the Galalunan military academy shortly after the death of his father.

Last time on Sym-Bionic Titan...

Heads up: Sym-Bionic Titan will be airing at 2:30AM beginning next Saturday.

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

I see we're taking the Stephen King homicidal school bully route.

Now, Lance, it doesn't matter who STARTED it, it's JUST as bad that you fought back.

Baron just got away with attempted murder.

3. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Holy crap, I was thinking the same thing.

And this is why I'm glad they're re-airing this show, since I didn't catch this episode the first time around.

4. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

Was I the only one that thought this episode just screamed Ender's Game?

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Is there a Stephen King Trope I'm not aware of?

Not very many comments on this yet. Some people didn't like it when it first aired because the bullies got away with everything constantly, while Lance got blamed.....I thought it was about right. That's real life.

6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

It's one of many cliches in Stephen King movies. Gotta take place in Maine, gotta have abusive alcoholics, gotta have irredeemable bullies who are not above committing murder.

7. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well Chan looks like an angel next to Baron. Man that guy was a creep. Unique episode in that it was a complete flashback, there is no setup in the present day to the flashback.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I remember how I felt after watching this episode the first time and seeing it again still left me feeling pretty sad at the end. While the bully getting away with everything and the victim getting all the blame is how real life tends to work, it was still too depressing for me because of how often that happened to me. Plus, Baron got away with attempted murder. He really should have been punished for that, instead of Lance getting punished. Baron being the typical bully for no good reason was also kind of a turn off. It's just a boring way of making a villain without giving any kind of depth or reasoning of his behavior.

Seeing more of Lance's past was nice, especially when I prefer most of the focus on their home world over most of the Earth problems they deal with. It adds a bit more to Lance working out in the middle of the night and it shows how he went from the denial to the acceptance stage of grief for his father. I would have preferred some sign of Baron being punished at the end, instead of his father bailing him out, but it was still a pretty interesting episode.

9. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well this is kind of spoilish of what won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  10. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

My guess: he might behind the invasion somehow. Doesn't it seem a little coincidental that he, a high class soldier, wouldn't be around when it happened? Plus, how did the General gain those eye beam powers on his hat when Mutraddi are obviously too primitive? Something tells me the General may just be a puppet to the real mastermind.

11. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away...

What I really liked about this episode is just how frightening it really can be. I mean, Baron is what, ten years old? And he tried to attempt murder. How scary is it seeing a kid using real ammunition to kill someone? Brrr.