C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Neighbors in Disguise" [10/13]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, Oct 13, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watch the a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 2 -
    Number 102

Neighbors in Disguise

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    The gang adjust to their new home, and Lance causes problems at the mall.

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

2. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Last Time: SBT gives us an accurate depiction of cheap drama shows, explains the basics of human social groups, and shows the hardships of cultural osmosis. Oh and there's a giant robot vs. monster fight.

This time: We meet the cosmic horror known only as

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

If you ask me, his leaping on cars and buses and causing traffic accidents is drawing more attention that she already has been.

He just snapped his neck. Did CN really let them get away with that?

"Cheess Nerd"? "Jerk Store"? "Ugly Baby"?

4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

This is the same show from the same network that had a character do a booty shake to a rap song. That's the kind of fanservice you don't even get in anime.

5. Gold Starz

And so much more...

6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

I gotta say, I am enjoying Brian Posehn's voice as the robot guy.

There's a store named "THE" and another place that sells bees?

7. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Octus is his name.

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

[​IMG]

2:35am EST, #2 trending topic on Twitter

9. Pepperidge

Pepperidge New Member

Don't forget the Jerk Store.

10. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

I am really really enjoying this show. It and Thundercats really feel like they belong on this Toonami.

11. Angilasman

Angilasman New Member

^Yeah, they just feel like Toonami shows, don't they?

Really enjoying the show. Genndy's direction is, naturally, quite awesome. Disappointed that I didn't follow this an Cats closely on first airing.

12. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

One of the things I enjoy about "Neighbors in Disguise" is that it cements the idea that these three characters aren't just trying to blend in a high school setting, they're blending into Earth itself. This isn't about teen drama (though the series has its fair share), it really is about these alien kids (and robot) adapting to their new environment and saving the world one monster at a time. Seeing them get a new home, deal with a nosy neighbor, and buy furniture is appealing because it works in conjunction to Ilana and Lance's interaction.

Lance remains overprotective over the free-spirited princess and makes it his business to guard her, whether she wants it or not. However, when she tries to get him to open up, he backs away and callously declares he has no home to miss. This puts her in a huge downer and really speaks about their characters: Ilana is the first to shop around and truly take in the new world. She remains hopeful and optimistic. Lance's only concern is the princess' safety and nothing more. He doesn't care for anything else. That's why the ending works; Lance presents Ilana that water globe as an apology and proves he can be more than just her protector.

I find the battle scene fascinating and refreshing because the heroes are aware they are fighting a monster in a populated area; they have to make certain not to crush anyone. The best representative of this is when a kid in a pool gets a very up close and personal mug shot of the Titan's face. I love that they paid attention to that.

13. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

Liked it.

Liked the community helping each other.
    Barb scenes went nowhere.
    The general guy is a mix of Mojo Jojo and Emperor Palpatine and sounds like Grandpa Max.
    Cute flashback.
    Once again, Lance rules.

14. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

This is another early setup episode, setting up the plot. The first episode was set up the high school enviorment. This one sets up the home enviroment.

I love Lance's determaination to protect Ilana, that is his mission. And Barb, she scares me.

15. Gold Starz

Don't worry Barb never had the chance to show up too much.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I forgot about all of the heavily implied deaths that this show got away with. That small group of soldiers fighting the villain was pretty intense. The artwork continues to remind me that I was more impressed with this show's animation than I was with its story most of the time, but this episode does work with showing the differences between Lance and Ilana and while I don't think that either of them are interesting characters, their different personalities bounce off of each other fairly well.