C&C - Squidbillies - "Mephistopheles" [12/17]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Space Cadet, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING Moderator

Another episode of everyone's favorite hillbilly squid family airs tonight at 12:00 pm Eastern.

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I do have to hand it to Brendom Small for making some nice guitar licks for this episode. And I do like some of Early's preformence in Church, Rusty's confusion on selling his soul, the sherrif's appearence, as well as Early selling his soul at the end to beat Rusty. Still a lot of this rambled on about death and bleeding and Satan a bit too long. Memo to squdbillies director: we know you obviously love the devil in some form, but that stuff's kind of been done. In Metalopcalypse, and Lucy Daughter Of The Devil, and even Aqua Teens in a way. Hell Futurama probably did the best job at the whole "sell your soul and settle it with a musical dual' sort of thing back when it was on AS but this was pretty meh. Lyrics about melting faces and killing the innocent are only funny for so long (wow I have a horrible sense of humor) and this didn't really twist it too well. So this is actually the weakest Squidbillies of the season. The music was good but uh the writing on this one could of defintley been a lot better.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Squidbillies episode 25, "Mephistopheles Traveled Below to a Southern State Whose Motto is 'Wisdom, Justice and Moderation'".
    Based on the hit song from the country group who is similar to but is legally distinct from the Charlie Daniels Band.

The golden fiddle was too much for the animation budget, I guess.

Brendon Small? More like Rusty sold his soul to Dethklok.

4. v1cious

v1cious Haters gonna hate

is that Peter Frampton?

5. btv

btv New Member

Very interesting episode and fairly funny. The whole premise is a bit overused though, especially in a block filled with religious-based tomfoolery (Lucy, Morel, Futurama, etc.).

B+

6. Lutochris

Lutochris New Member

Was this actually Brendon Small playing the guitar tracks? I assumed it might be Matt Maillero.