1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Samurai Jack - "XCVII" [4/22]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Daikun, Apr 22, 2017.

1. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I too find it amusing some take issue with Scaramouche's dialog, yet the next episode preview shows Ashi stabbing people.

#141 SpaceCowboy, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Jack and Ashi are warriors and fighters in a high stakes fight against evil. Ashi was raised as a lethal warrior with lethal fighting skills. I dunno, the joke just felt too low brow for me. To me this was never the type of show to use crude bathroom humor. It's not South Park.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

There was an episode called "Jack and the Farting Dragon".

#143 SpaceCowboy, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  4. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Also there was an episode where Jack was naked the whole time also the joke wasnt that crude its not like he said d#&# just penis

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

5. Mr.O

Mr.O Member

I feel that Ashi's "burnt skin" was actually a thin coating of (mystic or scientifically advanced) coal, ash, or tar like substance. A little more than body paint, a little less than tights. Now I feel even worse for the dead daughters. I also feel this episode may be my least favorite of season 5. This is by no means bad IMO, just about 7.7 - 8.0 for me. Liked most of the cameos, just wish I could've seen more of (not necessarily more exposition about) the death apparition samurai guy.

6. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

The magic of Jack was they didn't need to put in extra violence or crude jokes as they made a show that worked by never actually crossing that line, they got close enough that it was funny but not crude or vulgar. I feel they lost a little of that creativity and magic since they no longer had to find ways to push the limits but still stick within CN's rules. Don't get me wrong I still love the show and the episode but that line was not something I ever expected Jack to have. I know it's a new series and I'm not unhappy due to nostalgia's sake, I'm more disappointed in Genndy and Crew, as I feel this was lazy and immature for them... I have a huge amount of respect because they have always been top notch with all their work on this series and many more, so to have them cheap out and drop that line "just cause"... is what made it distasteful to me. (Not offended, just distasteful.)

*not to be a drama queen or anything.

Kal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #146 Dusty, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

I don't know I remember a lot of juvenile jokes in classic Samurai Jack, hell most of Scotsman's character is pretty much saying insulting crap to people, also even in the realms of crude humor Genndy and his team still pulled their punches I mean they could've done much worse than "Looked like a talking penis"

#147 PapaGreg, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

*not to be a broken record or trying to argue...
    But that's my point, on the original run they said and had content that was on the border of CN's rules, but they still kept it within boundaries. The line that was said was a tad too blunt and crude, the magic of Jack 1-4 was that they had humor but it wasn't racy or actually vulgar... or something to "gasp" over. Genndy and crew making a super stylized action show full of more innocent violence and humor is a large part of what made the show so successful, innovative, and unique to other shows on the air. There's a reason it and Clone Wars won an Emmy over Simpsons... (Genndy and his Crew's ingenuity and balance of action, story, and humor was the reason.) No vulgar or crude dialog.
    again I am not offended or upset, I love this season and can't wait to see more.
    *my apologies for being a broken record. lol

Kallum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #148 Dusty, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. Mr.O

Mr.O Member

Although the line didn't really bother me, I definitely agree with you.

10. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

A friend of mine is rewatching the whole series, and look what she found :)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1