C&C - Samurai Jack - "XCVI" [4/15]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Daikun, Apr 15, 2017.

1. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I wonder what the next episode will have, as I looked from the preview, will show more focus on Ashi finding Jack as we'll see from her point of view on the episode since we're seeing some strong character development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

XCVI was pretty awesome/enjoyable,

Cool to see the Scotsman, who's old, but the best awesome funny ally, him leading an army to face Aku was sweet:D.

Love the Scotsman's daughters, awesome hot female characters, but those are alot of daughters, wooooooow.

Cool seeing Aku, still love his new voice.

Old Scotsman's bravery insulting/calling out on Aku was awesome/funny, but poor Old Scotsman's death was surprising/dark, just like anime with awesome characters' deaths.

Cool seeing the Scotsman's ghost to still play a major role in the story, thank you magic sword.

Love the High Priestess, but I'll enjoy it when she gets crushed by Samurai Jack/Ashi.

Jack showing Ashi Aku's horrible tyranny was sweet and cool that Ashi fully turns good like Princess Luna/Discord/Starlight/Sunset, the Winter Warlock, Ice King/Princess Bubblegum, and Peridot for example which I love it:D.

The poor blue alien children brainwashed beasts was scary.

Ashi's awesome willpower to break free and smash the factory chief was awesome/satisfying:D, the piece of trash so deserved it.

The poor alien children saved/alive was sweet, poor Jack would've stayed longer.

An interesting mysterious Samurai Grim Reaper accompanying Jack and Ashi out to find Jack was great, a great cliffhanger, but Ashi, awesome new female ally ever.

Next episode preview: Great major focus on Ashi and cool seeing the Woolies/Jack's other friends.

3. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Does Aku even know about the High Priestess and her cult?

4. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Well, it depends on who the father is of those seven Daughters and how she got pregnant.

I am not a woman. I have no experience in dating shapeshifting masters of darkness :D

5. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I thought this was a great episode and I didn't think it was rushed. I was mad that they killed off the Scotsman, until it was revealed that he was revived as a ghost in his prime. It would be a huge shame to not see the Scotsman and Jack meet up for at least one more time. Speaking of which, before this series ends, we better get at least one last argument between Jack and the Scotsman. It wasn't surprising that Ashi reverted so quickly considering proof of Aku's evil would be clear as day. And the teaching that Aku was good meant that the Daughters would see themselves as doing good instead of killing Jack out of simply for evil reasons. It was kind of strange for Jack to give up on her after reaching land since her not attacking him in his sleep would be proof that she was capable of reasoning and redemption. But I guess his deepening depression would be his reason for that. Ashi being able to hear the frequency that was controlling the kids will most likely come in very handy as well as her company in helping Jack get out of his depression and bring him to the Jack he was in the previous seasons.

Aku has always had eye-beams.

Scotswomen.

He wasn't gonna leave her there to starve to death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was another good episode. It was pretty awesome seeing the Scotsman again, alongside his many daughters. Aku's fight scene was neat and the way he took care of the Scotsman was a pretty intense moment but I like how he came back to life afterwards, so to speak. In his original design, too. Looking forward to seeing more from him in the next episodes.

Jack's plot was also very good. It's cool Ashi learned the truth about Aku already and they didn't really drag this out any longer. Jack and Ashi make a pretty interesting team. The fight with those mind-controlled kid creatures was pretty good, though not as exciting as other fights from this show. Still it had some importance since we saw Ashi's anger when confronting that scientist and Jack's mental breakdown when he thinks his opponents are dead. That scene where he just gets up and follows that rider to who knows where was handled well enough and I am looking forward to whatever happens next.

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

A good episode, and I hope the ending means we will finally find out the meaning of that dark samurai figure Jack has been seeing since the premiere.