1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Samurai Jack - "XCIII" [3/18]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Daikun, Mar 18, 2017.

1. HORNS1968CE

HORNS1968CE THE LAST MAJOR

Aku™'s new enactor sounded off, way off.
    Also noted: the degree of Judaicity Aku™ exuded in his "shrink" scene.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I checked the promo and I only saw 6. Where did you see 7?

• Like Like x 1
  3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure, it was so fast, I was just guessing, I guess she is dead. Jack drew first blood.

4. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Thirsty for adventure.

It wasn't. Aishi has the Ilana hair, the chick Jack killed had a different hairstyle.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was intense. Not to mention probably the best cinematography/storyboarding I've ever seen in a cartoon.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great episode. The opening with Aku was cool, it's nice to see more of him though sadly not with his original voice actor. The replacement is fine and Aku did have some some good lines here. The scene also revealed some of the stuff that pretty much lead to the events of this season, with him destroying all the portals that could have sent Jack back to his own time-line. I can imagine Aku getting tired and not really caring about destroying the samurai anymore. That psychiatrist gag was pretty hilarious.

Once that is out of the way, the rest of the episode is pretty much the opposite. Intense and suspenseful scenes, plus some amazing and surprisingly brutal fight sequences. I liked how they added some more stuff in-between all that fighting, like that scene with Jack battling his inner demons and refusing to give up and continue the battle.

The chase scene through that temple was pretty amazing. I liked just about everything that happened in there. Great fighting choreography but also enjoyed the use of light and shadows, with those fireflies. Jack noticing how skilled his opponents are lead to some pretty intense scenes. But that ending topped everything. I figured Jack would realize his opponents are not machines, but I was not expecting it to happen quite like that. Him killing one of the Daughters caught me off guard, as did the reveal that he himself had been stabbed as well.

I didn't realize Jack kept that tuning fork knife from the previous episode. He used it effectively to escape but given his injuries this was not meant to be a happy ending. Also, those scenes with the wolf were just brutal (more so than what Jack went through this episode). I'm really looking forward to whatever happens next.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

YouTube's front page spoiled the ending for me :(

Nevertheless this episode was incredible. I loved everything about it (the rain was beautiful!) and just when I thought this couldn't get any better, they got into the tomb! (or the basement or whatever you want to call it) Man, that music! :eek: Have we ever had such great music in the first 4 seasons?!

When that daughter died, I felt sorry for Jack and I hope he won't give up. She totally deserved it. It was nothing more than self defence. It was either him or her.

These episodes end so fast xD Reminds me of Shaun the Sheep episodes which look 2 times shorter than they actually are.

I am SO glad this isn't just blood and gore everywhere but just a more mature and especially tenser version of the first 4 seasons.

I don't mind the new voice-actor of Aku. Stan Limburg will always be my Aku :proud: (He was awesome. Wish I still had some old recordings, the dub was terrific. Not at all like an average Nickelodeon dub)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Technically it wasn't his first kill. There was the bounty hunters episode with the Princess hiring some bounty hunters to kill Jack to free her planet. And the bounty hunters were all killed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

XCIII was pretty awesome/intense,

Cool seeing Aku, yaaaaaay, his new voice and funny lines were great/funny:D.

Aku giving up hope on ever defeating Samurai Jack was interesting, my first time to see an awesome vile villain give up hope on defeating a hero protagonist.

Aku seeing his demon shrink was the best funny hilarious scene, hahahahahaha:p.

The cool white wolf fighting the scary green tigers was brutal, the poor white wolf, the green tiger beasts have cool designs though.

Samurai Jack arguing with his spirit self to keep on living was great.

Samurai Jack vs. the Daughters of Aku along with the chase scene was amazing/intense, poor Jack the biggest chew toy facing powerful tough villains though.

Poor Samurai Jack after killing one of the Daughters of Aku, farewell my evil Daughter, but he got stabbed, interesting/cool that season 5 gets more darker/intense.

Nice of Samurai Jack to escape after blowing up the temple, he'll get his mojo back soon.

The poor white wolf's death, he'll be missed:(.

#89 Radical, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  10. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

You know while this episode was fantastic my one gripe is that the dead face of the daughter that Jack killed looked too peaceful and clean, I don't know maybe have her eyes open and give her some bruises or something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Last week was great, but this episode was amazing. So good, I'm gonna have to rewatch it some more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Red Arrow :D

Well, I think it's safe to assume that they were just injured.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Yeah.........I don't think so. One of them was struck with the sword before hitting ground and another had explosives thrown at him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IndieWriter

IndieWriter Member

Well, it could be argued that she was "at peace" with death, anyway. I mean, a whole life of merciless training just to kill one man, it's kinda depressing that this was her only purpose. Besides that though, the final blow was dealt so quickly, I don't think she even realized what was happening. Just before that, she received a brutal headbutt, so yeah, probs left her dazed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PapaGreg

You can argue that but she died fighting and a brutal headbutt would at least give her some bruises, I don't know I think that something like this would've hit me more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Red Arrow :D

Tiny explosives like the ones kids play with in middle school... I don't know. Blood would've been everywhere if they were all killed.

I never had the impression that Jack killed those men.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get a Discord Vibe from aku here?

• Like Like x 1
  18. PapaGreg

No I got an Aku vibe

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Not even during the Shrink scene?

• Like Like x 1
  20. PapaGreg