1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

C&C - One Piece - "The Great Scramble for Treasure! Collapse! Spa Island!" [3/11]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Nobodyman, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Opening 10: We Are! (Remix)

Last Time on One Piece: The Straw Hats take a vacation at Spa Island, a ship with luxury facilities that even serves pirates and criminals. But, while there, they encounter Foxy and his crew, who are pursuing two small girls: Lina and her older sister Sayo. The Straw Hats manage to defeat the Foxy Pirates, and learn that they had been pursuing Lina and Sayo for the girls' notebook, which shows their father's research on how to create a special gem, the solution for which can be found on the ship. Lina considers her father a liar, but Sayo believes him. Suddenly, Sayo is abducted, and the owner of the island, Doran, says that if they want her back, they must complete the research and find the gem.

Well, in case you haven't heard, the Toonami crew has just announced that, in two weeks, One Piece will be taken off the Toonami block and replaced by Tokyo Ghoul. This means that March 18th will be One Piece's final night on Toonami, making tonight's episode the penultimate airing. Naturally, I'm quite sad to see it go, but all things must come to an end (though I wish One Piece's end could have been a bit later).

In the mean time, we still have two more episodes left.Tonight's episode picks up from last week and concludes the Spa Island mini-arc. Next week we'll get a one-off filler episode and, then...well, it'll be Bon Voyage to the Straw Hat crew.

NOTES

________
    -One Piece S8V5 is now available!
    -One Piece: Collection 18 is now available!
    -One Piece Collection: Box Three (containing episodes 206-299) is now available!
    -One Piece Film: Gold and the Heart of Gold TV Special will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on May 2nd!
    -One Piece: Collection 19 will be available on May 23rd!
    -One Piece simulcasts every week on OnePieceOfficial.com and CrunchyRoll.com! (in HD!)
    -Volume 81 of the One Piece manga is now available!

2. Nobodyman

Previously on One Piece: This is not the vacation the Straw Hats had in mind...or maybe they did.

On my TV guide, they listed tonight's episode as "One Piece: Sabaody Archipelago".

*sigh*

And on top of everything else, tonight is Daylight Saving Time.

Good ol' Luffy, always taking the direct approach

3. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

*Sigh* What disappointing news.
    Animation is looking on point for this episode though.

4. Nobodyman

Wow. Talk about overkill

And it was all a misunderstanding, because of course it was

Uh, I still think your sister's life is more important than the notebook

#4 Nobodyman, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. MasterofRoku

A Five-Leaf Clover? The Seven-Leaf clover is much better. Philip J. Fry can testify to that.

6. Nobodyman

You can always rely on Robin to hax your way out of any situation

Yeah, a lock. Imagine that.

And there goes Spa Island

Seems a literal X marks the spot

A circle rainbow, all the way across the sky!

So they combined chemicals based on the colors of the rainbow? That makes no sense.

#6 Nobodyman, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. MasterofRoku

Darn candy rain.
    Looking for the gem is gonna be like finding a needle in a haystack.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. Of course, the issues with the father were all a misunderstanding and he really cared about his daughters. Although, leaving because of the Foxy Pirates was a bit strange. I know that he was a normal person, but it would be really hard for me to see the Foxy Pirates as serious threats when they were taken out so ridiculously easy in just the previous episode. It was nice to see the Straw Hats take action to help save the older sister.

I was not expecting the x to be right under the island or that the circle rainbow was a clue about chemicals. That last part seemed really strange, but I guess it worked out for them. And their father turned out to be alive after all. I thought that he had died, but it gave everyone a happy ending. Overall, it was a pretty nice episode.

9. Nobodyman

Remember that, although the Foxy Pirates are weak compared to the Straw Hats, they're still pirates and are very much a threat to ordinary people. Remember back in the Davy Back Fight arc, they did give the Straw Hats a run for their money, even if only through under-handed trickery.

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty fun episode. The backstory with the dad was a bit meh, but the rest was easy to watch. The ending was classic Luffy.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can understand that, but it is still kind of hard to see them as a thread to ordinary people when they're complete jokes. They did give the Straw Hats a run for their money, but the fact that they had to rely on underhanded method kind of makes that less noteworthy when they wouldn't be able to do that well in a fair fight.