C&C - One Piece - "Great Adventure At Long Ring Long Island!" [5/18]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Dragonpiece, May 18, 2013.

1. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After years off the air, One Piece is finally back! Whether you stopped watching when Toonami stopped airing the series or you haven't seen it all, this is the perfect time to see why everyone is raving about this show! While the first 5 minutes of the episode may be a bit confusing for new viewers, as soon as you get through it you will find yourself on a brand new journey to undergo with the Straw Hat Crew! But what happened since the series ended it's Toonami run?

Well, maybe this video can help:

[video=youtube;gBoIdybGl1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoIdybGl1E[/video]

Now, after gathering crew members in the East Blue,saving princess Vivi and her country Alabasta from the forces of Crocodile and his shady organization and even defeating a self proclaimed God in the sky, what is next for the Monkey D. Luffy? Find out tonight with..
    EPISODE 207: ​Great Adventure At Long Ring Long Island!

THIS WEEK ON ONE PIECE
    : The crew finds themselves on a island full of irregularly shaped animals and landscape as they are greeted rudely by a mysterious group of pirates...

NOTES
    ------------
    -If you watched One Piece on Toonami back in 2007, you might remember the dubbed openings. Sadly because of licensing issues, FUNimation can't dub any more openings till that is taken care of. This seems to be the case with all Toei shows lately with shows like Toriko and Dragon Ball Z Kai not getting dubbed openings and endings. Hopefully this issue will be resolved eventually...
    -Just a nice reminded to not post any spoilers! This may sound crazy, but some people don't appreciate them!

2. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Well, tonight's the night. After five long years off the air, One Piece is back on US airwaves, and frankly, I couldn't be more excited. You can count me in among the, hopefully, more than a million watchers that will be tuning in tonight.

Anyway, for those of you uninitiated with this astounding series, I've prepared a (somewhat) brief summary of the show thus far to bring you up to speed. So here's One Piece in a Nutshell.

And that's pretty much all you need to know. But truly, if you haven't seen the whole series, there's no experience than watching/reading the entire thing from beginning to end. In any case, I hope you all enjoy.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

I never found the time to watch all of Skypeia. This is gonna be even more confusing than Eureka Seven, isn't it?

4. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I'm in a One Piece C&C on the Toonami forum at Toon Zone.

...I can't believe I can say that again.

5. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

LOL. Oh lord no. One Piece is a very straightforward series.

BTW, the episode that airs tonight also marks the debut of the opening Kokoro no Chizu, my personal favorite One Piece opening.

6. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Skypeia is very much a canon-filler arc. Some things introduced in it are important (such as the dials), but you can still skip over it and not miss a whole lot.

7. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

Also, being a typical shonen series, there are a ton of flashbacks eventually. And if anyone has any questions about what's happening, we have resident One Piece experts here who can fill you in on any important plot point you missed from episodes 1 through 206.

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Will we get the original broadcast ending, or the ending Funi used? I heard somewhere because this television not home video and internet distribution they will use the original broadcast ending. We will find out.

9. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

I never thought I would be in a One Piece talkback thread on here. Of course, I also never thought I would be in a Toonami forum on here at all, either.

After an arduous 35 days, I have finally watched all 206 episodes of One Piece up until the start tonight. I had to delay my whole anime watching schedule for it. I know it was worth it, though! :D

10. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

It's finally really back! If anyone has any questions or something, I'll be more than happy to answer. I'm caught up on the subbed version, dubbed version and the manga, I've watched all movies and specials and I know a lot of background information too. I look forward to seeing One Piece back where it belongs.

11. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

Yep, the next arc that airs after the one that begins tonight is the one where the crew loses their memories, so I am sure that will help fill the gap for new viewers also!

12. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

138 episodes in 5 days. I'm about 70 episodes away from the premiere tonight. Roughly 11 hours left to go. This is really a fantastic series. Really glad we get to see this on Toonami.
    Also, One Piece seems to be a pretty accessible anime... Color me surprised!

13. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

[video=youtube;fnz7uM8T2JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnz7uM8T2JU[/video]

Yep.

14. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Well, despite having reservations about the questionable body proportions and never seeing an episode, I'll give the show a try tonight.

15. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Don't let the art style throw you off. Show is ****.

And so it begins (or continues).

Bah! Shortened opening! (why am I not surprised?)

16. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

They didn't translate the OP?

Not too hot guys. You don't want to turn your balloon into fried calamari, do you?

17. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

What...happened to the song?

18. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Flying Octopus?

Five seconds into this show, and I'm confused.

19. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

So much for uncut One Piece.

20. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

But Oda really isn't that great with giving variety for female body proportions.