C&C - Naruto (Uncut) - "Special Report: Live From the Forest of Death!" [5/25]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by macattack, May 25, 2013.

1. macattack

macattack I see you!

All right, this is a compilation episode covering episodes 1-25 to catch everyone up on what's transpired so far. Nothing too exciting.

So here's some awesome fanart of Anko Mitarashi to pass the time. Feel free to show any other awesome (non-spoiler) Naruto fanart as well. Might as well make a compilation/flashback episode something resembling an event.

We also get a new OP and ED this week but I will be STUNNED if Toonami runs either of them.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official Naruto Talkback Thread​

Opening 2: "Haruka Kanata" by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
    Ending 2: "Harmonia" by RYTHEM
    Both the OP and the ED, along with all past and future Naruto OPs and EDs, can be downloaded in high quality from the Toonami Digital Arsenal.

Last time on Naruto:

No spoilers: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! All spoiler talk must be taken to the anime forum or through pm! Please have respect for all new viewers or else Gaara will be coming for YOU. Believe it!

Enjoy the episode. Sleep is always for the weak.
    :tom:

2. honorableninja

honorableninja Member

i quite curious if the fact it uncut means they will play the parts of this episode that were cut out of the original broadcast but show on the dvd version you know the fourth wall breaking stuff.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Oh, this episode. Well, I guess now the first hour of Toonami will be skippable.

4. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Hello, Minecraft rock.

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

And now, your Konohamaru moment. :yawn:

Oh. Recap. Later peeps.

6. ChibiGoku

ChibiGoku Something Not Quite Right

To be honest, they seem to be cutting it out but... The Japanese R2 footage is missing the extra footage anyways.

7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Is this a clip show? .....Okay.

Just so you know, for those of you on the East Coast, those episodes of Arrested Development should be unlocked now.

8. macattack

macattack I see you!

Well, they used Rise Version 2, so the OPs are gonna work the same as last time I guess, so that means Haruka Kanata is taking OP 3's place and then things will run as normal after that.

9. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I hate this episode so much.

10. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

Yeah, about 80% of anime clip shows tend to suck (there's a number of noticeable exceptions to the rule). However, I can understand the reason Naruto had to do one before the second part of the Chuunin Exam arc: around the time this episode (and next week's episode, as it was originally an hour-long episode) aired, TV Tokyo was adding the show to its "Golden Time" (the Japanese version of prime time) lineup. As such, a recap episode was necessary for those viewers who were watching the show for the very first time.

11. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Naruto: "There's no such thing as a square rock!" :p

In any case, it seems like a good night to miss. My brothers are visiting this weekend, and missed tonight's festivities.

12. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Didn't they also air two episodes that night in Japan? This one and the next. And IIRC this one aired it Prince of Tennis' slot while the next aired in what would become Naruto's usual slot.

13. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I believe so. In the DVD version of the episode, the main characters break the fourth wall and talk about Prince of Tennis. Even in the dub.

14. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

I specifically mentioned that this episode and next week's episode were originally combined together as a hour-long episode.

Also, I'm well aware of the Prince of Tennis reference in the original version. I just didn't felt it was necessary to mention,