C&C - Naruto (Uncut) - "Kunoichi Rumble: The Rivals Get Serious" [9/14]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by macattack, Sep 14, 2013.

1. macattack

macattack I see you!

Wait, what's this about kunoichi? Wasn't Kankuro and that other dude supposed to be the forefront of-oh wait. This kunoichi is why.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official Naruto Talkback Thread​

Opening 2: "Haruka Kanata" by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
    Ending 2: "Harmonia" by RYTHEM
    Both the OP and the ED, along with all past and future Naruto OPs and EDs, can be downloaded in high quality from the Toonami Digital Arsenal.

Last time on Naruto:

No spoilers: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! All spoiler talk must be taken to the anime forum or through pm! Please have respect for all new viewers or else Orochimaru will be coming for YOU. Believe it!

Enjoy the episode. Sleep is always for the weak.
    :tom:

2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Last time the big guy from the sand village beat the Brocklyn Bralwer.

Gee Naruto you are so dumb, Luffy like dumb.

3. PhenomsServant4

PhenomsServant4 Active Member

Just so you know I'm not a fan of puppeteers but I have a nagging fear someone else was pulling at the strings.

4. animePWNS

animePWNS Do a barrel roll!

Well gee, I wonder who's fighting in this episode...:shrug:

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Oh great the Sasuke fan girls, after the latest episode of Bleach, this is the "he is not worth it" hour.

I wish Naruto would fight already, so we wouldn't have to hear him talk. Man he is extra annoying this episode.

6. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

I'm not hearing the problem.

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Rivalry is a tricky business. You fight this one opponent regularly for a while, but then all of a sudden he up and leaves you behind so he can go and fail in another conference the moment he starts seeing dollar signs, as if all those years you were rivals meant nothing to him.

And then after he leaves, he asks if he can start fighting you again, and you're like, HELL NO. If you wanted to continue the rivalry, then you shouldn't have left. You're the ones who wanted to make more TV money. You're the ones who abandoned over a HUNDRED YEARS OF TRADITION to fade in obscurity among champions who are obviously so much better than you. The war is over. You deserted. You forfeit. You LOSE. Why don't you go play with your new friends in your fancy-shmancy new conference. We're better off without you anyway.

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Why didn't they do this at the beginning, instead of wasting all our time with stalling and flashbacks. Personally I don't care who wins, but I am leaning towards Ino. The thing that annoys me about Sakura is her her character is based on her love of Sasuke, there is nothing more to her character that defies her, at least to me.

9. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

What I also see out of her character and have been seeing out of her character is a sense of concern and frustration with as strong and resolute of a ninja as some of her peers, particularly her teammates she had to stick with since becoming a genin. This episode and some of her other moments in the chunin exams seem to focus on her self-confidence. That's the point I'm seeing Masashi Kishomoto make about her character and I'm sticking to that theory.

10. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

This episode had some jarring changes of pace, as we were taken from the middle of a high stakes ninja battle to the equally exciting world of... flower arranging?

11. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

How didn't I see a flashback episode coming? We have to re-establish Ino's and Sakura's "former friendship," their rivalry for Sasuke, and then their "forget Sasuke, I'm fighting because I'm a real ninja!" every time they meet.