1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C & C - Naruto Shippuden - "Rookie Instructor Iruka" [10/7]"

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by A.Magik, Oct 7, 2017.

1. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

And so I take over handling the Talkbacks. Like Tsunade, I will do my best in succeeding this thread's Hiruzen- macattack (at least until Lent comes along to affect things temporarily).

The first episode in this phase begins with what is called The Past Arc: The Locus of Konoha, probably the longest filler arc of Shippuden (and this will never happen again in the series, oh no no no no…). The Arc’s plot structure is centered to the past, as the cast reminisce about times before Part 2. The introductory episode- first of a three-parter- is about Iruka Umino remembering when he was first assigned Naruto Uzamaki as his student. How do you teach the transformed murderer of your parents?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official Naruto Shippuden Talkback Thread

Last time on NARUTO SHIPPUDEN

Now, I understand this arc is dealing with situations that have already happened (“Oh no! I really doubt Pre-Chapter 1 Naruto will live to see another day!”), BUT NO SPOILERS ON PLOT SITUATIONS (OR AS-YET UNREVEALED MYSTERIES) AFTER NARUTO CHAPTER 449/NARUTO SHIPPUDEN 175, ALTHOUGH BOTH MANGA AND ANIME HAVE ENDED (Such spoilers should be discussed in The Anime Forum and by Private Message). Poor Iruka already has enough trouble right now.

#1 A.Magik, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Has anyone ever seen Naruto and Bart Simpson together?

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Here is something I've always wondered.
    Where the heck does Naruto get the money for food without parents?

4. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Or clothing? Or shelter?

5. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

I believe Hiruzen gives that financial support (this will be established in the Anime).

Episode 176 Rookie Instructor Iruka
    Premiere Date: September 2 2010
    Parts Adapted from Naruto Chapter 450 (Published 2009)

This episode begins a lengthy series of filler stories. Known as The Past Arc: Locus of Konoha Arc, it is set during events before SHIPPUDEN. Sprinkled along this period are canonical bits setting up the upcoming Kage Summit Arc. In this episode’s case, it is Black/White Zetsu’s appearance.

The plotline here is about Iruka’s experience with teaching Naruto despite his issues over Nine-Tails killing his parents.

It’s the First!
    Although not exactly canonical, the episode establishes foundations: Third Hokage Hiruzen commanding Iruka to teach Naruto. Naruto’s first meeting (to his viewpoint) with Iruka and the future members of Team 7, 8, and 10. Naruto’s rivalry with Sasuke.

The episode also establishes that Teuchi of Ichiraku Ramen had a warm relationship with Naruto (Konoha Hiden will explain how it happened).

Remember When (or Not)
    The Chapter 1/NARUTO Episode 1 scene of lonely Naruto’s witnessing familial celebrations over his graduated classmates is portrayed.

The Plot Thickens…
    In the modern day part, Black/White Zetsu watches the victory gathering from afar, astounded by Naruto’s defeat of Pain. They leave to tell Tobi/Madara.

In the modern day part, Team Samui (remember them?) are beginning their journey to Konoha for summons to the Summit and to enforce criminal proceedings on Sasuke.

Oh What a Lonely Boy!

Since this a flashback to Naruto’s school years, it also means Naruto is at his loneliest period. Iruka, still bearing pain over his parents’ death, and taking advice from a fellow teacher, decides to ignore Naruto period, further lowering the kid’s feelings.

Love, Family, and Relationships

Hiruzen is very determined to have Naruto graduate.

Sakura and Ino show their love for sasuke.

Hinata watches Naruto from afar.

Teuchi gives Naruto free ramen.

But in the Manga…

The beginning of the episode repeats Naruto being celebrated by the village, with the canonical shot of Konohamaru with Moegi and Udon restored (a scene not in the previous episode).

Team Samui are about to leave the Land of Clouds; the Manga already had them nearing the Leaf Village at this point.

Much of the flashback is not portrayed in the canonical manga, but very little contradicts what is known. The exceptions:
    -Naruto enters the Academy already wearing his Part 1 garb, which contradicts his clothing from the canonical flashbacks.
    -Shino’s insect abilities are informed in front of Naruto, which contradicts the canon where- in the character’s formal introduction- Naruto reveals he knows nothing about the kid.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Not the best filler, but not necessarily the worst either, since Iruka can be an underrated character. I don't mind seeing more of him.