C&C - Naruto Shippuden - "Iruka's Decision" [10/21]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by A.Magik, Oct 21, 2017.

1. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

The conclusion of the Iruka mini-arc (the introductory storyline to the Past- the Locus of Konoha Arc) is reached as Iruka and Naruto settle their problems for their eventual bond. Then we return to the present day, as the aftermath of the Pain invasion begins its ramifications.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official Naruto Shippuden Talkback Thread

Last time on NARUTO SHIPPUDEN

Iruka remembers the time when new hero Naruto was anything but to the Leaf Village, an antipathy sadly shared by the instructor himself. Frustrated by this alienation, the desperate Naruto gets tricked by a trio of brats into entering dangerous territory to win a dare that he thinks will win their friendship (when in truth, the boys want him to suffer). Thanks to Shikamaru's revelation of this prank, Iruka goes after his former student.

Now, I understand this arc is dealing with situations that have already happened (“Oh no! I really doubt Pre-Chapter 1 Naruto will live to see another day!”), BUT NO SPOILERS ON PLOT SITUATIONS (OR AS-YET UNREVEALED MYSTERIES) AFTER NARUTO CHAPTER 449/NARUTO SHIPPUDEN 175, ALTHOUGH BOTH MANGA AND ANIME HAVE ENDED (Such spoilers should be discussed in The Anime Forum and by Private Message). Poor Iruka already has enough trouble right now.

#1 A.Magik, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. Master Knight DH

Master Knight DH Active Member

I know how that feels, Naruto. I know how that feels.

.....you didn't have to kill the moment just because you're 10ish, you know.

3. animePWNS

animePWNS Odyssey, ya see!

He actually covered himself that time.

4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

That's right they're all asexual or hetero woman.

5. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Would I be a broken record if I say that this is more of a Weekly Shonen Jump and not just a Naruto problem?

So I'll add something that I've mentioned in last week's episode. If I was told to cherry pick filler episodes that I felt best complimented the canon material in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, I would've added these past few episodes as part of that set. The whole, "sexy-jutsu doesn't work on women", bit aside, I thought that was decent filler about Iruka and Naruto's relationship.

#5 Hypeathon, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Go read some Wilfred Owen, kid.

I'M GONNA BE KING OF THE HOKAGES!

• Like Like x 1
  7. animePWNS

animePWNS Odyssey, ya see!

So it's down to three now.

There's a dark wind blowing...

8. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Poor girl loses her hat every single week. You'd think she'd start wearing a chinstrap by now.

9. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

Episode 178 Iruka’s Decision
    Premiere Date September 15, 2010
    Adapted from Naruto Chapter 450 (Published 2009)

It’s the First
    This episode ends the Iruka Flashback Arc, with Iruka rescuing Naruto from enemy ninjas (with help from Kakashi), gaining his trust, and then reaffirming his role as his teacher.

The episode ends with a return to the present time. Yamato finally reaches the village, shocked at the destruction and surprised that Naruto was able to reassert his Nine Tails control and defeat Pain.

Shikaku gets a message by the Monkey Mask Anbu informing him that an emergency council with the Fire Daimyo is being convened.

Tobi/Madara is informed by White/Black Zetsu about Pain’s defeat and Konan’s resignation. He assigns Kisame to go after the Eight-Tails.

White Zetsu’s comment about the present inability to synch with the Gedo Statue pretty much means no more ‘Akatsuki-draining-Jinchikuri-beasts-into-the-Gedo-Statue’ scenes that began with the Rescue Kazekage Arc.

The Plot Thickens…
    It is revealed that Shikaku’s occupation as a Jonin Squad Leader allows him a seat of influence in the council.

Suigestu had taken a trip to the Cloud Village to recover Kubikiribocho from the Eight-Tails battle.

The recovered Sasuke decides to begin his attack on Konoha (he didn't get the memo).

Remember When (or Not)
    Most of this episode is a flashback.

Iruka remembers a talk with a fellow teacher about a skirmish happening nearby.

Iruka’s childhood act of playing the class clown (falling off a rope into the river and laughing about it) is portrayed.

Naruto’s remembers being ostracized: being snubbed by his classmates (two episodes ago), watching children leave with their parents (last episode). There is also an adapted scene of Naruto standing in distance to a crowd while he emits a shadow of Nine Tails (how would he know that?)

Iruka’s childhood talk with the Third Hokage about the Will of Fire at the Memorial Stone is portrayed.

Love, Friends, and Relationships
    Naruto bonds with Iruka for the first time.

Who was that Masked Man?

Tobi mentions he has business elsewhere.

But in the Manga…
    Naruto using the Sexy Jitsu to Iruka this early contradicts its first appearance during Naruto’s Graduation Exam in Chapter/Episode 1.

I doubt Iruka inspired Naruto’s wish to become Hokage, since the first Chapter/Episode shows Iruka’s surprise at Naruto’s ambition.

The Anime adds Yamato’s return.

The Anime adds Suigestu reclaiming his blade.

The Manga had the Monkey Mask Anbu contact Shikaku during Naruto’s victory celebration. The Anime has the contact made during Shikaku’s talk with Yamato.