1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096 - "Waiting in Space" [4/15]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by GWOtaku, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

We should be so lucky.

2. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

The artwork and animation in this series is so beautiful and detailed. Why couldn't the writing have been as good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this was a really boring episode. I've always hated the unnecessarily long recaps, but I also hate how inconsistent it is. Sometimes they'll actually just cover recent events, but other times, they'll still cover events from the first episode. Make up your minds on what you want to recap for goodness shake. At least the show remembered that Banagher's friends from the colony still exist. I still seriously question why they're even alive at this point when they've hardly done anything and Banagher rarely speaks to them when he has his sudden crush on Audrey.

The action was decent, but I had no idea why they were fighting, who they are or why I should care. I even wanted to just fast forward through the fight to see what would happen afterwards. That is not what an action scene should make me feel. The little conversation with Banagher and Audrey was nice, if only because they finally have more interactions to possibly give their connection more weight, but it was still rather dull. I guess that Riddhe is the new Black Unicorn pilot, although I was surprised that he was even alive.

Overall, it was such a boring episode, much more so than the series normally is. It feels like barely anything happened or was accomplished and they were just padding out the episode with the recap, action scenes and dull exposition.

4. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

We got to see our villains, Full Frontal and ...other villain person. Where have they been the last ten episodes. On a long coffee break?

5. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I'm a little saddened Riddhe may become a full-blown opposing force to Banagher. And for what it's worth, I did enjoy Banagher and Audrey's conversation, if just to see them together without explosions going off in the background.