1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re:0096 - "Clash of the Two Unicorns" [4/8]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by GWOtaku, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Yay they're finally reunited. Cue Seventh Swell and happy music.

2. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

"I felt like I finally understood what I was doing here." We should be so lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kitschensyngk

KISS HER YOU BLOCKHEAD!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

NO TARA PLATT'S CHARACTER, DON'T KILL YOUR HUSBANDOOOO!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. marklungo

He's trying to save a brainwashed woman from herself? Didn't we just go through this?

#25 marklungo, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  6. Kitschensyngk

At this point, I don't care. Take him out.

"It'll be like it used to be." Yeah, sure. Where do girls hear THAT line?

KILL GUNDAM! KILL GUNDAM!!

7. marklungo

Riddhe instantly fainting mid-shooting spree is actually pretty funny.

8. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Well, at least this one didn't die

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kitschensyngk

Well, at least this one was happy.

10. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Today's episode featured lots of dodging and Banagher learned some fighting tips from Naruto. You don't win fights with fist, you win them with speeches.

11. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned these fights being about as confusing as the fights from Michael Bay's Transformers...I think that's unfair to Michael Bay, honestly. At least with his films, there isn't this much narrative misdirection.

As for the episode itself, Banagher gets the closest thing to a triumph in this world, while Riddhe gets kicked in the shins repeatedly (nice going shooting a giant robot with a hand gun, genius). I think my favorite part of this episode was watching Marida's old captain successfully outrun two colliding Mobile Suits.

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So Riddhe got friendzone and who knows what he will do now, I have seen characters go nuts over being friend zoned. Still my favorite part was Marida and the captain being reunited. I could use a tissue.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was okay. At least the action was pretty decent and Banagher trying to reach out to Marida kind of worked, at least more so than with that other character from a couple of episodes. Marida was at least established before this brainwashing happened and she didn't come out of nowhere. I was confused over how the person she called master kept wanting to keep the brainwashing in tact and yet wanted to make sure she wouldn't be injured. Maybe it's because she saved him before, but it wasn't established too well and the whole brainwashing thing kind of undermines any concern he'd have for her too.

I couldn't remember Riddhe's name for the life of me until this episode. He does seem to care about Audrey, but I'm not sure how much either. After they've made such a big deal about this darn box, there better be something important in there. Teasing a mystery like this with no actual answers until we get it isn't the best way to handle a mystery in my opinion. Audrey choosing to jump out of the ship in the hopes that Banagher would catch her was kind of stupid. She was right, but it was really risky. I'll admit that it was kind of sweet how he instantly went out to save her and felt like she was calling to him, but it still would have been much more effective if their relationship was actually believable. They just instantly developed feelings for each other somehow. It also doesn't help that it keeps giving me Eureka Seven flashbacks.

I actually thought that the captain was going to die before Marida's brainwashing wore off either from her or from Riddhe's gunfire. I was surprised he survived too since I was positive Marida killed him. The flashback to the captain explaining to Marida that his daughter would have been her age if she had lived was actually kind of touching. I was surprised that none of the established characters died from this experience. Overall, it was an okay episode. There were more emotionally effective moments than usual, although I still say that Banagher and Audrey's romance is way too forced, and the action was pretty decent too.

• Agree Agree x 1