1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 - "New Blood" [10/7] (SEASON PREMIERE)

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Kitschensyngk, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: The New Class.

Once they start chanding "bagua sanfa," THEN it's time to worry.

2. Master Knight DH

Master Knight DH Active Member

"THERE'S A GUNDAM BAACK HEEERRRREEE!!!!!"

Know what? On second thought, maybe child soldiers, period, is a bad idea. (Cue "MAYBE?" from somebody else.)

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Apparently they thought your giant robots were SOOOO COOL that they just HAD to have their own.

Mikazuki bulked up since we saw him last.

4. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Opening Theme - "Rage of Dust"

Didn't know dust was known for its rage.

5. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Spyair knows......... Spyair knows.

6. Master Knight DH

Master Knight DH Active Member

Well hey, JYB, as long as you don't have another character suffer a Downer Ending.

7. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 2 episode 1 was pretty sweet,

Mikazuki/Orga visiting their dead friends' grave was sweet, Biscuit and their other Tekkadan friends will be missed.

Tekkadan being the new former member for Teiwaz and official military advisor for Arbrau was pretty sweet, the Tekkadan orphans get better great lives free from being chew toy slaves from those horrible monsters from Season 1 episode 1.

Cool seeing Mikazuki/Orga/Tekkadan, Kudelia/Atra, McMurdo/Naze/Teiwez, Cookie/Cracker(Biscuit's sisters), Merribit, and the Human Debris, the best awesome characters, both Kudelia, Atra, Cookie/Cracker, Merribit, and the Teiwaz girls: Amida/Lafter/Azee, my favorite awesome female characters:D, I hope Naze/Teiwaz survives, they're the best!!!!!!

Kudelia creating an orphanage for the Sakura Farm was pretty sweet.

Tekkadan getting great new recruits was sweet, the new guy Hush, a great new character, he'll be important later on though for Mikazuki.

Atra driving was pretty weird though.

McGillis, my favorite great horrible Gundam major villain next to Char/Ribbons.

The new major villains, Rustal, Lok, Julieta, and Gyojan, my favorite great new major villains, Rustal's diabolical underhanded scheming antagonizing McGillis is interesting and Julieta is cute.

Mikazuki/Tekkadan fighting the Dawn Horizon Corps. space pirates(the New Brewers) was pretty intense, the new guy Hush will see how awesome Mikazuki is, hehehe:D.

Off on an awesome start of Season 2, welcome back Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans:D, better than Sword Art Online, Dimension W, and Tokyo Ghoul.

#27 Radical, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  8. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

After watching Root A in bafflement all I can say about the premiere is...this isn't awful, this isn't awful!

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was really good. It was nice to see Mikazuki and Orga at the site honoring their fallen friends. Biscuit's death still seemed to have hit Orga pretty hard if he still wonders if Biscuit would have stopped him. I don't think that they said how much time has passed between the two seasons, but it must have been at least a couple of years considering how older most of the characters look and how much both Tekkadan and Kudelia have progressed with their work. Kudelia opening an orphanage was nice and I like how they did focus a bit on the twins. They were minor characters, but they showed that Biscuit's death affected them and they didn't want Mikazuki going out into danger because they were worried that he'd die too. It's a nice little detail to help make them a bit more than just minor characters.

It does seem like their world has made progress, but the increase of child soldiers and use of Gundam mobile suits was something a bit unexpected. After the events of the first season, I didn't think that more people would be interested in child soldiers because of Tekkadan's actions.

Having a new group of workers at Tekkadan was an interesting idea, although I can already see most of them dying due to being rookies. It helps to give a new dynamic for the established characters where they have to be the mentors instead of working along side their friends as equals. Plus, it was nice to see a bit more maturity from Eugene explaining why the rookies couldn't just get the surgery they had forced upon them.

It was nice to see Kudelia again, even though it was obvious that the man talking to her was desperate to get her to agree with him by any means he could. It was obvious that he'd cause more trouble later. At least Tekkadan was able to uncover the information eventually and fought to protect Kudelia and her guests. The action was pretty good. I figured that the rookies would get scared after their first real taste of battle, but I'm curious where else they'll go with these new characters. I like that Kudelia wasn't going to leave without Orga. She still feels like an honorary member of Tekkadan and she wouldn't want to leave her friends behind anyway, so it was a nice moment. Mikazuki's return was pretty cool and he had a nice little smile when Orga welcomed him back.

Overall, it was a really good episode and a great start to the series. I have a reason for watching the 12:30AM slot again and it's for a show that I actually really like, which still seems to be a rarity for me in regards to Toonami shows nowadays. I like Hunter x Hunter, Lupin III is okay at best and I'm not quite sure how I'll feel about Outlaw Star just yet, so IBO season two already has the potential to be my favorite show currently airing on the block depending on how the rest of the season goes.