1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Lupin the Third - “The Zapping Operation" [8/12]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

This girl is being way too nonchalant about getting kidnapped and being shot at.

Then again, she is the daughter of a secret agent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin One poppin' pariffero

Don't you want to save your daughter? Don't try to put any holes in her, dude.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

This never happened to the other fella.

Here's a tip for Flint up there - TAKE OFF THE SKI MASK.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nobodyman

He must have great faith in his marksmanship since he's firing so close to his daughter.

Oh yeah. Forgot he has echolocation powers.

5. ZeroKelvin

Oh here we go again with the probabilities...

6. Kitschensyngk

Good grief, he's more machine than man!

Mr. Nix of MI6. What is this, Dr. Seuss?

*hums Terminator theme*

7. Nobodyman

Wait, so Rebecca arranged for the girl to be abducted by sex traffickers?

Well......f**k her.

8. ZeroKelvin

Nix looks like he's about to pop a blood vessel or something.

9. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

"Anything that is taken from you, you get it back." Spoken like a master thief who's probably been on the wrong side of that equation.

10. Kitschensyngk

From a sex trafficking to a shopping trip.

11. Kitschensyngk

And Lupin and Jigen are minus their family jewels.

"What is the Dream of Italy?"
    Il sogno?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 8 was pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Cool to see Nyx, awesome interesting secret agent hero character.

Nice seeing Inspector Zenigata, his clashing with Lupin, so funny.

Nice seeing his wife/daughters, great minor female characters after Elena, Brigitte and her sisters are so cute:D.

Nice seeing Nyx spending time with his family, best father character.

Cool seeing Rebecca/her butler to get major focus, her meeting Brigitte was pretty sweet:D.

Poor Brigitte kidnapped by scumbag smugglers.

Nyx crushing the horrible smugglers was awesome/satisfying, go Nyx, Nyx wanting to save Brigitte was great.

Both Lupin/Jigen and their moments with Brigitte was great/funny, I'm glad Brigitte is saved.

Poor Nyx almost about a pop a blood vessel was disturbing/unsettling.

Nice seeing Brigitte reunited with Nyx and his family:D.

13. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

The show's new characters really aren't winning over many fans here at Toonzone. I was shocked at what Rebecca did. There are hints that we might actually have a story arc in a Lupin show. I wonder if it would be worthwhile.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Really? I thought that she was referring to sending the girl to the mall for a shopping spree during that scene. I thought that the sex traffickers were an unrelated party from Rebecca. She did have her make-up kit and that would have revealed her double life apparently, but I don't see how arranging her to be kidnapped by sex traffickers who already put her picture up in their creepy catalogue really helps with that. She was trying to follow the kidnapper's car, but I thought was due to finding the video footage of them with the girl rather than being the ones she hired. They could have just stolen the make up kit after knocking her out instead of putting her up for sex trafficking. Why go through the hassle of kidnapping a child just for the make-up kit? If she knew where Brigitte was going to be, why not just have the people bring over to talk to her and go to the shopping spree from there?

If I misread that scene and Rebecca really did arrange for one of her fans to be kidnapped by sex traffickers because of her make-up kit, then wow. That would be awful and make her plain unlikable for me. It's one thing to steal and be a criminal for the thrill of it all. It's another thing to put someone, especially a child, in danger on purpose for your own desires and to make sure that nothing would get out about your own criminal life.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good for the most part. I wasn't expecting Nyx to show up again and he even had a family. Brigitte seemed like a really big fan of Rebecca, even though she was too laid back to even sign her little doodle before leaving. I don't know why Brigitte would go with two strange men or how they could get away with kidnapping her in broad daylight. They went away from the crowded area, but it was still daytime when they toss her into their car. More importantly, it really genuinely bothered me that they brought in something as awful as sex traffickers kidnapping a little girl and they were already trying to sell her off. Brigitte looked like she was barely a teenager. This wouldn't have been better if she was of legal age, but the fact that they kidnapped a child to use as a sex slave in what I thought was supposed to be a light hearted show really bothered me. I liked that they tried to be more wacky afterwards and the rest of the episode was more entertaining, but that part of the setup deeply bothered me. Nyx reacting in a fatherly fury upon seeing his daughter's picture and beating up the sexist pedophile creeps was satisfying though.

The wackiness of Lupin and Jigen stealing the kidnapper's car only to find Brigitte in the truck was at least kind of funny, especially when Brigitte said that Lupin looked like a kidnapper. At least Lupin was kind enough to free her and probably would have found a way to get her back safety. I can understand why Nyx wanted to cover his identity. He is a secret agent, so he couldn't blow his cover in front of his daughter. I don't know why he didn't try to at least demand for the girl before shooting, especially when she was so close to the gunshots and they thought that he was one of the kidnappers for awhile. Brigitte was way too calm about her situation, but she was still dazed over meeting Rebecca and instantly falling for Lupin due to being Rebecca's husband. It also probably helped that she didn't know why she was kidnapped exactly. At least that blissful ignorance and childlike innocent saved her from emotional scars and years worth of therapy sessions.

Once Lupin figured out that it was Nyx, they explained the situation and it seemed like he would have gotten Brigitte if Rebecca hadn't shown up when she did. I still don't know if I misread the scene at first. I know Nyx got so enraged to the point where he was about to kill her, but I thought it was another misunderstanding more than anything else. If Rebecca did really organize this whole kidnapping scheme just to keep Brigitte quite, then she's beyond irredeemable. At least Brigitte was having fun and got to show off her Rebecca autograph later. Lupin didn't get the treasure he wanted, but they learned about the whole treasure of Italy. It feels a bit late in the game to potentially setting up for a on-going storyline in this series. The most they've had was just Lupin's attempts to divorce Rebecca and even that might be a stretch. The episodes have largely been stand alone ones focused more on new characters more so than any of the established ones.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. If it wasn't for the really horrifying setup, I probably would have enjoyed it more, but I did like the more wacky aspects of the episode since that's what I wanted to have from the start. I could have done without the horrifying image of a little girl being used as a sex slave though.

15. Nobodyman

Eh, maybe. Sometimes I miss some of the details while watching and commenting.

16. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I watched the episode on Friday, and I don't think Rebecca called in the sex traffickers.