C&C - Lupin the Third - “The Murdering Marionette" [11/4]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Lupin is pulling everyone's strings.

2. shany94a

shany94a Malfunctioning Unit

I reiterate ... Greco's an idiot. Zenigata's smarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #22 shany94a, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 1:41 AM
  3. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Did it ever occur to Lupin to give everyone an equal share?

An enjoyable episode, even though I had an idea how the plot would be resolved.

4. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Greco drank a little too much of his communion wine.

5. Rod G

Rod G Member

Boy, can you imagine all nine Straw Hat Pirates being in that exact same situation as Lupin’s gang?

6. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Luffy would have given an impassioned speech about how the Strawhat Pirates are friends for life and no one would ever make them hurt each other.

7. Rod G

Rod G Member

I suppose I could buy that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. The setup kind of annoyed me though. I understand that they wanted to have Lupin's group be targeted by someone who wants to rid the world of crime, but apparently Greco was known for targeting and killing criminals. How does that not make him a criminal too? I wouldn't mind this too much if they didn't announce the challenge on TV and say that they'd be killed if they didn't show up. Shouldn't that be grounds to arrest Greco and get rid of his cult? If this was a group working in the shadows and they sent them an invitation somehow, I'd be okay with it, but the setup just made me wonder how Greco didn't attract the police sooner.

The rest of the episode was pretty predictable, but it was enjoyable in spite of that. The fight between Gomenon and Jigen was especially cool and there was a pretty tense atmosphere with the group being taken down one at a time. Lupin being the puppet only to reveal that everything was an act was expected, but it worked in the show's favor. While Lupin's group might not really come off as friends, they do work well together to the point where a single glance tells them everything they need to do. Graceo's own trick being used against him was pretty satisfying since was annoyingly smug throughout the entire episode.

I guess that they wanted to end the episode with the group arguing after working together, but I don't see why splitting the money even four ways would have been that hard. They were sitting on a huge pile of money. Even dividing it into fourths would give them quite a good sum of money to spend or to save for a rainy day. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

• Agree Agree x 1