1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Lupin the Third - “The End of Lupin the III" [9/30]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

Who's the naked guy?

2. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

I can't help but suspect that this episode was inspired by the Chronicles of Amber...

3. Rod G

Rod G Member

It took a year or so for Lupin to escape,huh . . .

I'm amazed Zenigata managed to keep him imprisioned THAT long.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I was surprised when Zenigata kept saying that Lupin should have been given the death penalty or given life in prison years ago. I understand the latter, but giving a master thief the death penalty sounds kind of weird. Lupin is certainly a criminal, but he doesn't come off as a dangerous one, especially in this series. I was wondering why none of his friends or Rebeca were trying to save him until they showed other people keeping an eye on them.

It was pretty ironic that after all the time he spent hunting Lupin, Zenigata was wondering what the point of it was and even hoping for someone to save Lupin. Although, I was just wondering how he was able to stay on that little island with a steady amount of food and supplies. He wouldn't want to leave Lupin unguarded, so maybe another officer brought the food for him to cook. I also assumed that he wanted to bring Lupin to justice, but he just loved the chase so much that he couldn't imagine continuing without a worthy opponent. He was becoming more and more emotional with Lupin as he was dying.

I figured that Lupin was trying to use his supposed death to get Zenigata to open the door, but using the food and his hair to create a painting of his body was pretty creative. Despite his defeat, Zenigata was happy to have the chase again. Lupin was back with his friends and I guess the ending means that there's more to do with MI6. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.