1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Lupin the Third - “The Dream of Italy, Part 2" [9/23]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

So it's like the Fairy Dance arc. But with less tentacle rape and more of a puropse.

Never tell him the odds.

Yeah, just leave the guy with the photographic memory in the basement with all the super-dangerous research.

He can't be bargained with.
    He can't be reasoned with.
    He doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear.
    And he ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP. EVER. UNTIL YOU ARE CAUGHT.

2. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Lupin, you amazing guy!

3. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Come on Lupin! You've gone through worse! Remember that one time you got shot in the Castle of Cagliostro? You Miyazaki-ed that wound!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kitschensyngk

Dude, were you born with a microchip in your head?

Well, that complicates things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Justin Person.

It's like they were going for a pun, but their English wasn't good enough to nail it.

Well, the show's halfway done and Lupin's been caught by Zenigata. Something tells me he won't stay caught for long.

6. Kitschensyngk

HIS NAME IS JUSTIN PERSON.

After all these years...

7. Gatomon41

Still better than Biscuit Kreuger.

8. Kitschensyngk

So...Rebecca's ex-boyfriend was researching mind control or something?

9. Gatomon41

More like programing the human mind, using imagery and words to subconsciously modify the person reading said imagery and words.

10. Kitschensyngk

11. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

This episode was trippy. Even trippier than the stereotypical drugged-out 70s. So are we done with the wacky standalones and on to a serious, dramatic, action arc?

12. Gatomon41

sounds like the Book is a Medusa weapon.

It's generally a scifi concept, but the basic idea is that certain sounds, words, or images can cause the human brain to short circuit.

http://www.projectrho.com/public_ht...php#id--Ridiculous_Handwavium--Medusa_Weapons

Although here the idea is applied differently: words, images, and information sequenced to affect the person with like a computer program. But instead of using computer electronics, it's done using psychology and art.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was okay. So Lupin was able to figure out what the Dream of Italy was and had a conversation with Rebeca's dead boyfriend? This was a much stranger twist than I was initially expecting even for this show. I can see why MI6 would be after his research since his discovery could be easily misused and they'd want to have control over something like creating your own world. Although, I was more confused over how young Rebeca looked in the dream world. She said that she was a grown up, but everything about her uniform and speech made me think that she was still sixteen for some reason.

It would be hard for Rebeca to believe that Lupin talked to her old boyfriend, but he was able to provide some proof with their conversation. She did seem to genuinely love him and was in tears when she realized Lupin was telling the truth. There was a bit more tension with Nynx going after Lupin, although I thought that he was still out of control or would have gone back to his home to make sure his family was okay. I wasn't expecting Rebeca to reveal that they weren't really married. I thought that they'd save that for near the end of the series instead of the halfway point, but Lupin still wanted to help her. Lupin and Nynx getting shot was surprisingly intense, even though both of them would still be alive.

Rebeca was able to destroy the book to make sure that the research couldn't be misused and was trying to move on. I'm not sure if I like Rebeca enough to care about that, mainly due to how her shallow behavior has started to annoy me, but it's a nice enough notion at least. If it wasn't for the fact that the episode ends with Lupin going off to jail, it would almost feel like a series finale. The whole relationship between Lupin and Rebeca has been seemingly resolved right along with the Dream of Italy subplot, but this show has been mostly episodic, so I suspect that they'll return to that format sooner or later. Overall, it was an okay episode.