C&C - Lupin the Third - “Lupin’s Day Off" [10/21]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Oct 21, 2017.

1. animePWNS

animePWNS Odyssey, ya see!

Talk about a Shaggy Dog Story.

2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

My heart will go on!

That's it boy! Swim to freedom!

This must be what they call a working holiday.

At least someone got a happy ending.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

I'm sure there's a dog out there who would love to be smothered and obsessed over.

4. Rod G

Rod G Member

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Although I felt bad that Goemon didn’t get to that Japanese restaurant.

Hope that sushi makes up for it.

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. As typical for a vacation episode, everything that could go wrong did for Lupin practically. They were still being chased by Zenigata and even lost the dog for a moment. My favorite moment was how Gomemon told Lupin about losing the dog, along with how he explained that was his apology. I don't know why the dog was that into the magazine or the group of girls, unless they were implying that she just really liked traditionally attractive women, which would be weird because this is a dog. It's a more wacky episode than usual, but Jennifer was still acting mostly like a regular dog for most of the episode, so it was just weird.

I had a feeling that Lupin would jump over the cliff to the ship like that and because this was a wacky comedy episode, none of them died or received injuries. I felt kind of bad for the lady once her dog decided to abandon her. Sure, she was one of those really overbearing dog owners, but she clearly loved her dog and wasn't treating it awful through all of that pampering, so I just felt bad that she didn't get to be with her dog that she loved so much. At least the dog did end up with a nice new home, so there was some happy ending for one of the characters.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. If more episodes were like this and the previous one about the teachers made up more of the series, I'd probably enjoy it more. It's still not bad, but I was expecting much more wacky adventures like this one when I first started to watch the series.

• Agree Agree x 1