1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "The Birth of a Superbeing" [4/15]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Apr 15, 2017.

1. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

If it wasn't for Stroheim Joseph would've died from falling into the volcano ohitting the ground.

2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

What's the audio from?

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged.

4. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Agreed, but does anyone else find it just a little creepy that one of the coolest, most heroic characters in this arc is a Nazi?

5. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Anime: Making you question whether you should root for the protagonists since the 1960s

6. Mediahead

Mediahead New Member

...And that's how he got his prosthetic hand.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Good times.... good times. :D

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's been bothering me pretty much since he sacrificed himself. Sure, he has been helpful against the vampires and he did save Joseph's life here, but it's like the show is trying to make the audience forget that he's a Nazi soldier, or at least downplay it like it isn't a big deal because he is an ally against the vampires. That does not work for me at all, especially when he did kill a bunch of innocent people for his experiment and he was shown to use women has objects too. It's something really unsettling for me. The vampires are heartless monsters who would destroy humanity, but Nazis are the same, aside from how they don't literally eat people. They do however support genocide, so trying to make me cheer or be invested in a Nazi soldier like this is a pretty huge deal breaker for me and probably one of my biggest problems with the arc as a whole.

Anyway, I thought that the episode was pretty good. Kars was quite powerful, although I didn't expect for him to create anything like killer squirrels. I liked the whole return of Joseph announcing he had a big plan only to run away along with Smokey. It almost felt full circle for the show given that Joseph pulled that stunt earlier in the series. It still would have meant more if Smokey was better established among the characters, especially when he was still trying to tell Joseph the truth about Lisa Lisa. I was confused how Joseph was able to jump right into a plane and start flying it, but I just went with it.

I actually liked seeing how Speedwagon was so torn up over possibly losing Joseph. He already lost Jonathan and his son George, so losing Joseph would hit him particularly hard. I kind of wish that they did focus on Speedwagon dealing with his grief, especially when Jonathan changed his life, they were good friend and he'd naturally be close to George too. Their deaths did happen years ago, so he probably would have been able to deal with that grief before this point, but it seems like it would have been a nice detail to focus on to help flesh out his character more.

Joseph's plan to run the plane into a volcano was pretty clever and it made sense given how hot the lava would be for even a vampire. Stroheim did save Joseph's life and I forgot that he had robotic legs for some reason. Ending the episode with Kars coming out of the lava was a pretty good cliffhanger for the finale. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

The final two parter kicked the weirdness up to 12 in an interesting way. I wonder if Grant Morrison had taken some inspiration from JoJo.

10. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I shouldn't be so upset over Stroheim and Joseph not burning up so close to the volcano's opening, but it's weird.

11. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

You have to touch lava to get hurt. That's the most classic volcano trope out there.

12. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Indeed.

13. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

There's a good reason why I've been keeping count of the number of planes Joseph crashes. ;)

14. kaine23

kaine23 Gurren Brigade member

Joesph had a Kars accident.

• Funny Funny x 1