1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Invitation × And × Friend" [8/5]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Aug 5, 2017.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

[​IMG][​IMG]

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 4]
    Ending theme: "Reason" by Yuzu

CHARACTERS

[​IMG]
    Episode 61: "Invitation × And × Friend"
    Chapters adapted: 127-131
    Corresponding 1999 episodes: 74-75​

Last time...

This time…
    Gon and Killua begin to explore the world of Greed Island, but can’t shake the feeling they’re being watched.

Notes:
    • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volumes 13 and 14 of the manga release.
    • The first two Bluray/DVD sets are available now from Viz Media, containing the first 26 episodes.
    • The third Bluray/DVD set is scheduled for October 17th with episodes 27-50 included (double the amount of the first two sets).

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

I have a feeling somebody's watching me

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Oh my god its that eye thing from monster rancher

4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Seeing Gon and Killua eat is always fun:

[​IMG]

5. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

"His body suddenly exploded. He just blew up from the inside." That's what you get for eating at Carl's Jr. or Hardee's. Zing!

6. Hypeathon

Player hunter...

*INSERT OBLIGATORY, "GREED ISLAND ARC CAME BEFORE SWORD ART ONLINE", MESSAGE*

J Michael Tatum's double...?!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

"What about you? You're featured in the title sequence and the closing credits, so you're obviously important."

8. Hypeathon

B-B-B-BAKA!! IT'S NOT LIKE I'M HAPPY TO HAVE MET YOU OR ANYTHING!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. animePWNS

animePWNS Long time coming

Yikes, we gotta watch out for her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Yeah she wasn't creepy at all.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. StorytellerMJ5

StorytellerMJ5 Active Member

Watching this show for a second time through and knowing what I know, it's kind of hard to like Gon. He's interesting, but the best part about him is his relationship with Killua.

And her right there, that is one of the best characters in this show.

12. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Okay so we get to know a little more about Greed Island. Appearently, we are in for Yu-Gi-Oh style card battling. What's the point of developing these new Nen abilities if they are going to be replaced by spell cards for this arc? Also, I don't get the idea that Ging isn't psycho for inventing this game. If there are limited resources that are required to get out, of course there will be killing and violence. A huge portion of real-life wars are caused by conflicts over resources. Of course, people in the game are going to kill each other over rip-offs of Magic the Gathering cards. We also learn today that unlike in Sword Art Online, if you die in this game, you actually bleed. The blood and violence apparently won't be relaxed in this arc.Here's hoping that girl in red lolita dress really does save this arc from being a third-tier card battle anime.

13. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I believe Nen and Spell Cards are going to be used in tandem.

This episode was alright. Being told a guy exploded from the inside is gross. Also, Gon's bizarre morality confuses me once more. He wants to enjoy the death game made by his father who doesn't want anything to do with him? Does Gon even know the definition of the word "angst"? Also, I'm not really a fan of the random dot-eyed expressions showing up so much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Kimblee's getting sloppy. Most of that guy was still intact.

Just barely finished the tutorial and one quest and our dynamic duo is already scouted by a guild.

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was okay. The card battle portion of the new setting still seemed a bit strange to me. Maybe I'll just need to see more of the fights in action to really get a good indication of how they work. The concept of a guild or group of people working together in this world made sense. There are limited amount of resources, so teaming up together would help them find cards and potentially reduce any dangers. I wasn't too surprised that Gon didn't want to join, but I thought it would be for different reasons. I didn't think he really cared about Ging in a father figure kind of way. That's the main way I could see him not believing that he made the game to be violent. I could understand why Gon would just want to have fun and not attack other players, but the logic is still kind of shaky and confusing.

Gon and Killua's moment together showing how much they care about each other was really sweet. I didn't think that their friendship would be this appealing to me, but it's one of the main highlights of the show. It's just so genuine and sincere to see how much they care about each other and how much their friendship means to them. Overall, it was an okay episode.