C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Evil Fist × And × Rock-Paper-Scissors" [9/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Sep 9, 2017.

1. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

At least long enough for the remaining 83 episodes. I know ratings for the most part have stunk, but Dragonball and HunterXHunter do well enough to stay. If Toonami gets a major cut, this is what I see happening: Dragonball Super, Dragonball Z Kai, HunterXHunter, Cowboy Bebop. I think we have plenty of time before being cut to two hours, but I believe it will happen by March 2018, sadly. Only a small number of shows are performing (or Cowboy Bebop because Adult Swim loves Bebop.)

2. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Nice episode. I wasn't expecting Abengane to be the only survivor of the bombing. What exactly was he hoping to accomplish with informing Gon and Biscuit again?Also, I honestly forgot Killua hadn't passed the Hunter Exam.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Umm maybe inform more people who the Bomber is

4. Scrappy-Fan92

That's all fine and good, but he seemed like he had some ulterior motive shortly after leaving Gon and Biscuit.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. Gon's making progress with his new move set (trust me, it'll be worth the wait), Killus is finally going to get his license after his brother wrecked things last time, and the bomber proves why you can't ever make deals with evil villains.

The scene where the guy summons a nen beast is interesting because
    nen beasts don't really become relevant until the arc that the manga is currently in. Sadly, that arc isn't animated yet...

Oh, and that guy in the opening scene who shooed the Spiders away? He'll get some pretty cool scenes coming up!

It's so rare hearing Agumon's voice in any anime nowadays that I have to assume they recorded this while he was in the studio for Digimon Tri.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scrappy-Fan92

This dub does seem to bring back a lot of voices I haven't heard from in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I liked that Gon was making more progress with his training. Trying to develop a technique based on rock-paper-scissors does make a lot of sense for his character. He is still a child, so making a movie based on a game fits. I thought that the Hunter Exam for Killua would happen after Greed Island, but I forgot that months have gone by during their training. It's too bad that Gon and Killua had to split up since their friendship is so nice, but Killua going to take the exam after his brother messed him up before was really nice too.

While the villain of the arc still seems kind of boring, or at least not too noteworthy here, that scene where he kills all of the people was pretty intense. The fact that they made release the key word to turn the bombs off was especially harsh and cruel. At least Abengane was able to survive, although the creature he created looked like the stuff of nightmares. He did worn Gon and Biscuit about the Bomber and what he was planning on doing, but it also seemed like he had other motives for going to Gon and Biscuit based on what he said after he left to me as well. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

• Like Like x 1