C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "The Matches Begin! We're Off To The Planet With No Name!" [9/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

And Tinky-Winky the penguin sings our national anthem.

In our first match, it's Winnie-the-Pooh and Goku too.

2. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

I think A.A. Milne's gonna sue somebody.

Or I guess his estate will.

3. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

You may begin... until next saturday.

4. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

GAZE INTO MY NIPPLES OF THE FUTURE!

5. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

It is very nice to know that the synopsis I make for every episode is read by and enjoyed by others. I'm one of those people who feel it's easier to give my thoughts about something with a synopsis around and I feel it helps those who might have missed a detail while watching (or help me if I missed something, alternatively) and provide a chance to share details mentioned in supplementary material and/or behind the scenes. It certainly is very time consuming and tricky to keep track of everything going on, but I think the end goal is worth it if it helps provide others with information. It is also true that I held off watching DBS until FUNimation got to dubbing it in English, I had watched a large percentage of subbed DBZ but it just ended up not being my cup of tea; I'm perfectly fine with being patient and watching DBS with the cast I like the best. Thanks again for the words of encouragement, they are very much appreciated.

6. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 32 was pretty sweet,

Among Goku's friends coming to the Universe 6 tournament, nice seeing Bulma's parents, Goten/Trunks, Oolong, Yamcha/Puar, Master Roshi, and Android #18/Marron joining.

Bulma's moment with Jaco, so funny, hahahahahahaha:p.

The Galactic King, a great new character, his dub voice is great.

Goku/Vegeta's unnecessary beards after training was funny.

Good Fat Majin Buu farting was funny, he did made a stinky, hahahahahahaha:p.

The Super Dragonballs are really GIGANTIC, wooooooooow/interesting.

Enter Monaka, a great new fighter ally character, his dub voice was great.

Love Champa, he wants the Dragonballs for his own evil selfish gain.

Love the Universe 6 fighters, awesome interesting unusual new characters with sweet designs, it's Winnie-the-Pooh, hehehe, a giant robot, cool, but love the new Frieza race character and the purple alien fighter who looks like Cooler:D.

Cabba, best new Saiyan character, great dub voice from Clifford Chapin, he'll be a great new future ally, cool that the Universe 6 Saiyans are good-natured and not evil/malicious, and Goku/Vegeta surprised by it was great.

I hope to see more of the other universes pretty soon.

Good Fat Majin Buu fell asleep, hahahahahahaha, Monaka replaces him, a shame, I wanna see him battle:(.

Nice seeing the Supreme Kais Shin, Kibito, and Elder Kai, and Fuwa, a great new Supreme Kai character, nice seeing other universe's Supreme Kais.

Nice that the alien referee is like the classic original grey alien with the big black eyes.

Goku vs. Botamo the Winnie-the-Pooh begins, hehehe, I'll hear his cool dub voice next Saturday.

You have awesome information DBTrilogy100, great sweet detail next to Light Lucario's.

#46 Radical, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked some of the world-building here (I know many fans wondered for years when Saiyans would begin to show their age; I guess now we know), and a lot of the humor was fun.

The opponent team is filled with interesting characters - with one exception, IMO.

Like many other people, I was disappointed that Majin Buu won't get to fight. Seemed like a waste.

8. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Monaka's design is...something. Not sure why Vegeta and Piccolo are so ready to dismiss him on size when they should know better than anyone to never do that. Goku continues to display his ever diminishing levels of self-control (remember when Goku got angry over Krillin tossing a rock at him when he wasn't expecting it? That's basically Goku with Monaka). Cool to see the alternate universe Saiyan.