1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "The Matches Begin! We're Off To The Planet With No Name!" [9/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Last Time: Bulma gets Jaco to take her to meet an all-knowing alien named Zuno. While there, Jaco apprehends a criminal. As a reward, Zuno tells Bulma and Jaco all about the Super Dragon Balls.

This Time: The Z Fighters arrive on the Planet With No Name, where they meet Champa's team. They aren't prepared for some of the surprises that await.

NOTES: Tonight's episode airs at 8:30 and 11:00 PM, the latter followed by a new Kai. Watch them both, and no spoilers!

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

All together now!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

After a week long delay, we resume new episodes and this one marks the start of the Universe 6 Vs Universe 7 Tournament. We begin this episode with Dende & Mr. Popo playing tennis while Goku and Vegeta train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for 3 days (which is the equivalent of 3 years); we also find out that Saiyans retain their youth until they are 80 years old. At Capsule Corporation, Whis has a giant, translucent cube to transport the fighters and the spectators to Beerus' planet to pick up the Destroyer and Monaka. Just as he promised, Jaco took time off to watch the tournament and even brought his boss, the Galactic King (voiced by Bob Reed), along. Goku & Vegeta arrive with beards and Bulma demands they shower before heading off. Upon reaching Beerus' planet, the fighters meet Monaka (voiced by Daman Mills, who is also Chris Ayres' substitute/under study as Frieza); Vegeta & Piccolo are not impressed by him but Goku is still eager to see his power. Despite Beerus telling him to focus on his actual opponents, Goku still tries to test Monaka's reflexes...and ends up punching him in the face. Although Goku apologizes and Monaka doesn't actually get knocked out, his tone of voice suggests he's holding back how hurt he was.

Eventually, the Universe 7 Group sees the 6 Super Dragon Balls collected so far and arrive to the nameless planet. Champa greets them and Whis modifies the seats so that they are more comfortable for everyone and they see some familiar faces...Old Kai, Shin & Kibito! Shin reveals they asked the Namekians if they could use their set of Dragon Balls to defuse. We also meet Universe 6's Supreme Kai (voiced by Gregory Lush) along with his assistant (voiced by Rawly Pickens), both of them are surprised by how the Universe 7 mortals are casually talking to their gods. Although it isn't mentioned in the episode, supplementary material reveals that the Universe 6 Supreme Kai's name is "Fuwa".

The Universe 7 fighters arrive to the area where the exam is taking place and we get to see the Universe 6 Fighters: (1) a purple, humanoid alien; (2) someone who is the same species as Frieza; (3) a fighter that looks the most human of the five; (4) a giant robot and (5) Winnie the Pooh after hitting the gym.

The human-looking fighter from Universe 6 (voiced by Clifford Chapin) walks up to Goku & Vegeta and asks if they are Saiyans...and reveals that he is, in fact, a Saiyan. Vegeta recognizes the outfit the Universe 6 Saiyan is wearing as the outfits the Saiyans of Universe 7 wore in prehistoric times and both he & Goku learn that the Universe 6 Saiyans have evolved to the point where they no longer have tails. We also learn that the Saiyans of Universe 6 are still thriving (their planet is called "Sadala", which is also the native planet of the Universe 7 Saiyans), are warriors as their twin universe counterparts are and they are not conquers as the Universe 7 Saiyans of the past were. After Vegeta assures the Universe 6 Saiyan that he and Goku aren't conquers, he does show a willingness to tell Vegeta more about the Universe 6 Saiyans' history.

The exam, itself, is 10 questions long and must be completed in 10 minutes and each fighter must have a score of, at least, 50 to pass. In the end, the only fighter who doesn't pass is Buu due to falling into a deep sleep during the exam, meaning Universe 7's Team is at a disadvantage. Beerus insists that Monaka fight last and has the remaining 3 play Rock-Paper-Sissors to decide their order. After the (very short) universe anthem theme is sung, the first match is decided to be Goku against the fit Winnie the Pooh, whose name is revealed to be "Botamo". The episode ends just before the match between the two begins.

I'm glad that we're finally starting the tournament and it was cool that we got to meet Jaco's boss and Monaka. I was actually disappointed that Kibito Kai defused back into Shin & Kibito as I never liked Kibito and preferred Kibito Kai's design over Shin's design. Likewise, I was rather disappointed that Buu won't be participating in the tournament. Meeting Fuwa and a Universe 6 Saiyan helped shed some more light on what Universe 6 is like and that was nice for some "universe building". The Universe 6 fighters look like an interesting bunch and it will be cool to see more of them in action, with Botamo being the one we'll be seeing in action in the next episode.

• Like Like x 2
    #3 DBTrilogy100, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  4. RazeDevastator

RazeDevastator New Member

"Winnie the Pooh after hitting the gym" XD Gotta say, I love this guys synopses! Please keep making them, they look like a lot of work but are so fun to read considering they seem to be blind reactions to Dragon Ball Super as a whole. I can't wait for you to get into the real meat of this tournament! ;)

5. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Ok, back to business.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

6. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Previously on DBS: Bulma and Jaco meet Zuno, the knower-of-bust-sizes.

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Salutations, I am Master Zuno, oracle, sage, sexual harrasser.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Previously on DBS: Vegeta said the J word.

9. Nobodyman

I been through the universe on a planet with no name...

Seriously though, couldn't somebody just name it? How about Bob? There, simple as that.

Goku? Grow up? Nah, he's gotta appeal to the selfish man-child in all of us.

10. Kitschensyngk

Is Whis giving guided tours now?

And we're walking, we're walking, we're walking...

11. trance2009

So they don't age till they hit 80. Still don't explain all the women still looking the same.

12. Nobodyman

Is the Galactic King one of the French aliens from Kung Pow?

Goku with a beard. So......wrong.

13. Kitschensyngk

Hi, I'm your galactic ruler! Say, do you happen to know any Japanese schoolgirls around here?

Vegeta looks good with a beard.

14. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

SAIYAN BEARD!!!
    Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-32.jpg

15. Nobodyman

Well, that's what you get for essentially sticking yourselves in a big Dutch oven.

The strongest mortal in the universe is a pink gremlin. Go figure.

16. Kitschensyngk

"So, were you summoning the dragon?"
    Don't you know if you keep doing that, you'll go blind?

MAjin Buu wasn't pottytrained this whole time?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Hot Ryu, meet Hot Vegeta and Hot Goku!

[​IMG]

Hot Vegeta and Hot Goku, meet Hot Ryu!

[​IMG]

18. trance2009

Oh lord.

19. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

"Look at my nipples, look at nipples! Not around the nipples, but into the nipples!"

20. Kitschensyngk

Large protruding nipples I have. Mention them not, or smack you upside the head I will.

Nice first impression, Goku.