C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "The 6th Universe's Mightiest Warrior! Engage The Assassin Hit!" [10/21]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Last Time: Vegeta faces off against the kind Saiyan from Universe 6, Cabba. After Cabba asks Vegeta to help him become a Super Saiyan, a seemingly angry Vegeta begins laying the smackdown on Cabba, even going so far as to threaten Cabba's family. An enraged Cabba turns into a Super Saiyan, before realizing that that was Vegeta's plan all along! Vegeta then promptly defeats Cabba, before imparting some words of wisdom.

This Time: Vegeta goes up against the final member of Universe 6, the mysterious assassin Hit! But will Hit's strange power be too much for Vegeta?

NOTES: Tonight's episode airs at 8:30 and 11:00 PM, the latter followed by a new Kai. Watch them both! And no spoilers! Hit will get mad.

2. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Next weekend, get ready for one of the best episodes of Dragon Ball Super!

3. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

Picking up where we last left off, the match between Vegeta and Hit is about to begin. Whis fills Beerus, Goku & Piccolo in on Hit's status as Universe 6's legendary assassin which excites both Goku and Beerus. As the match begins, Vegeta powers up to Super Saiyan Blue and Hit takes a stance that leaves no openings. Hit demonstrates impressive speed and is able to easily counter Vegeta's attacks, the Saiyan Prince even comments how he couldn't see any of Hit's attacks for a few seconds. Goku uses Instant Transmission to reach Jaco and ask if he noticed anything they haven't noticed but the Galactic Patrolman admits that he hasn't. Beerus suspects that Hit has a secret skill much like a few of the other Universe 6 fighters and Champa merely responds with a smug laugh. Eventually, Hit manages to knock Vegeta out (holding back enough so as to not kill him as the tournament has a no killing rule) and is declared the winner.

Goten and Trunks rush to Vegeta's aid with a towel and some water with Krillin coming along with a Senzu Bean (as instructed by Goku). The Galactic King suspects that Hit has the "Time-Skip Ability" and Jaco explains that it involves briefly jumping ahead in time and that it's a great advantage for someone with incredible speed like Hit. Bulma tries to argue Jaco's comments about the rules against time manipulation he mentioned back in the Golden Frieza Saga as a way to disqualify Hit but both the Galactic Patrolman and his superior say it's out of their jurisdiction. A scene where Whis acts sarcastic towards Beerus leads to the audience (and Piccolo thanks to the impressive hearing of Namekians) finding out that Monaka is actually not as powerful as Beerus claimed, that was just a lie Beerus came up with to motivate Goku & Vegeta. As Goku and Hit begin their match, Hit is surprised that Goku hasn't transformed but Goku responds that he's saving it for when he's figured out how to counter the Time Skip Ability; Hit also ends up revealing that he is actually over 1000 years old. While Hit has the advantage at first, Goku eventually manages to find a way to counter Hit...by predicting Hit's movements after Hit performs the Time Skip Ability. The episode ends with Goku planning to use more power.

It was cool that we got to see Hit in action and Matthew Mercer gave a great performance as Hit. Hit's Time Skip Ability reminded me a bit of Guldo's Time Freeze Ability, although Universe 6's legendary assassin is far more effective at time manipulation compared to the Ginyu Force Member. Goku being able to figure out a way to counter Hit was a great way to show how he is a genius in fighting even though he isn't the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to social norms. I heard we might actually have a break next weekend for Halloween, which means we'll have to wait a bit longer for the next episode if that is true.

4. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Say, i've been wondering for a while. Is this your first time watching Super?

5. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

As far as the episodes themselves go, this is the first time I'm watching DBS, yes. The Sub Version simply isn't my cup of tea and I'm willing to be patient and wait for my preferred means of watching the franchise.

6. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Ah, so do you know anything about later episodes in the next arcs?

7. RazeDevastator

RazeDevastator New Member

It's more than just a rumor, Zap2It reports that we're in for ANOTHER Samurai Jack marathon next weekend.....

This is getting ridiculous.... It's not even on the exact NIGHT for Halloween, and who in any industry gets a Halloween weekend off anyway?????

8. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Previously on DBS: Less a battle and more a training session, but it's another win for U7.

Tonight: This episode's sure to be a Hit

9. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

I do know of certain details (be it events or characters) to come in later episodes and the upcoming sagas through the likes of video games and other supplementary material and I am aware of the fact that there are differences between the manga and the anime. I suppose the most accurate way to put it is I am aware of the broad strokes/"big events" of the DBS Sagas, it's more the specific details/episode-by-episode accounts I am experiencing for the first time as I watch on Toonami.

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Yeah Vegeta triggering another Saiyan.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

11. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Hey look - stewed Cabba.

Vegeta would make a great teacher.

"Never-Miss Hit." A more redundant name there never was.

Nipple Yoda just woke up.

12. Nobodyman

Yeah, Hit really is just a re-skin of Cooler, isn't he?

13. jaylop97

That face sure looks angry.

14. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Vegeta, you're talking a lot of smack for somebody that always gets their ass kicked right after doing so.

15. Nobodyman

"This guy sure knows how to handle himself in a fight"

Well, considering he was selected among the top five strongest people in his universe, I should hope so.

16. jaylop97

He probably knows every cliche move.

17. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

He's flicking him to death.

"My plan is to charge head-on until you cry for mercy!"
    Yeah, because that's worked SO WELL in the past.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. jaylop97

You were down a second ago on the ground.

19. animePWNS

animePWNS Odyssey, ya see!

Looks like the end of Vegeta's win streak...

Countdown promo!

20. Nobodyman

Countdown promo! Gon' be fun.

And Vegeta's winning streak comes to an end.