1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "Thanks For Waiting, Beerus! A Super Saiyan God Is Born At Last!" [3/4]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy I should really change my avatar...
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that. I wonder why they removed the name-drop? Maybe they thought it was too obscure a reference?

2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just a random change like Pilaf and his gang's plot being different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

Nope, Shenron is still voiced by Chris Sabat.

Now that you mention it, I realize that Tarble's only "formal" appearance within the West is the Raging Blast 2 video game (I have heard some "red tape complications" was why FUNimation wasn't able to dub that TV Special yet). Then again, I recall hearing that even the subbed version of this episode didn't mention Tarble either. It makes me wonder if Tarble will ever appear in DBS.

4. ShadowBeast

Must be trying a new voice because he sounded different.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

One one hand, I think it's neat to see an AU version of the first encounter with Beerus. On the other hand, I think I preferred the movie's handling of the narrative. Just for example, Piccolo making that crack about Trunks not being pure of heart since he was going after Mai. Also Vegeta's bingo song.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ShadowBeast

I agree the movie did the story-line a lot better. Pilaf's Gang had more of a role, Vegeta's bingo song, Bulma using her signatures slap on Goku, as well other stuff. Like you said the AU is neat, and it isn't at a level of being terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1