C&C - Dexter's Laboratory - "Rude Removal" [1/22]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by ChibiGoku, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ChibiGoku

ChibiGoku Something Not Quite Right

And now, for something special...

[​IMG]

Dexter's Laboratory
    Special Unreleased Episode:

"Rude Removal"

Clones of Dexter and Deedee are created from their bad halves, resulting in rude potty mouth versions of them. They begin to run amok in their home while Dexter and Deedee begin to desperately try and get rid of them. Will they be able to before their Mom and Dad find out?

Notes:This episode was originally created as a "regular" episode, but was initially not meant to be shown. Later, the creators did attempt to get it shown on Cartoon Network years later, but was refused due to content, despite efforts to censor/bleep it. It should be noted at several showings at various conventions in the past, they showed the uncensored version.

At this time, it is unknown whether or not this version of the episode will be uncensored when uploaded. I will update this when it goes live.

Also, image was censored since I was unsure on Toonzone's policy with the middle finger. You can find the uncensored image on Adult Swim's twitter account.

2. Red

Red Hmm

If they aren't trolling us, I'm unsure if I even want to see this. Might ruin Dexter's Lab forever for me. Ha.

3. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

They putting this on the website or actually on AS tonight?

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

How is it a middle finger when Deedee only has 4 fingers?

5. Red

Red Hmm

On the website apparently.

6. joserock

joserock New Member

This is my favorite cartoon ever.

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

8. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

And it's bleeped, which was how the episode was originally supposed to air anyway. I had a feeling CN wouldn't allow the infamous uncensored version to be released. I'm grateful we at least got to finally see the episode at all, though.

9. ChibiGoku

Apparently it's the censored version if I am reading the comments right. Oh well.

Currently watching it, will actually give my opinion on this later.

10. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

From the official Adult Swim YT channel:

11. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

That wasn't quite what I expected. I thought it would have been worse. I guess this is what happens when something is built up as a myth for so long. Didn't SpongeBob do this, but with silly noises instead of beeps?

12. ChibiGoku

Alright, I'm.. actually happy with it. A bit of an easy way to get rid of the clones. But this really was a classic episode of Dexter's Lab. The only thing I honestly could have wished for is if they used the uncensored version, but hey. It's better than nothing.

To my knowledge, this was about as expected, given the complete summaries that were posted based off of memory, years ago. I thought maybe there was some other problems holding it up as well, but eh.

13. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

There's a misconception that "Rude Removal" was only made as an injoke for the staff, but that's not exactly true. Genndy and other staff members of the show have confirmed before that this was intended to air as a real episode with the swearing bleeped as is, but censors still weren't safe airing it. This is basically the Dexter's Lab equivalent to SpongeBob's "Sailor Mouth" episode and Rugrats' "Word of the Day" episode. If this had purely been made as just a joke episode, it would have been much raunchier.

14. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Seeing Dexter and Dee Dee's rude selves curse like sailors and act like jerks was pure comedy gold. Totally worth the wait.

15. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Yeah, that definitely was more than some kind of staff joke. A really good episode that would have fit with the classic run pretty well. I thought "proper" Dexter and Dee Dee were even funnier than the rude versions. Loved how they end up paying for their mistake, and the last line is classic. Hopefully it'll be included in any new DVD or Blu-Ray releases.

It would be funny to see it uncensored, though.

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Hahaha Not bad. I prefer the cursing bleeped. It makes it sound even funnier.

17. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I guess the story that Dee Dee called Dexter a multi-syllable insult for someone who lives on the Jersey Shore and has romantic relationships with skulls is a myth. There was nowhere that could fit under the bleeps. It was obviously mostly just the F-word over and over.

18. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

This isn't any worse than the "Sailor Mouth" episode of Spongebob. They could have edited the title card and easily air it during the original run. It was also quite a fun episode, and it was great seeing something new of Dexter's Lab that's done in the classic run style.

Also, this seems to fit at the first portion of season 2 judging by the credits, as it only credits the storyboard artists (note this is Chong Lee's only credit ever in the series) and the director. Season 1 had more complete credits, and later season 2 added an Art Director to the credits. This really makes the situation rather odd since I can't help but wonder where exactly was the episode originally meant to go. The only logical conclusion is that it was meant to go alongside one of the episodes that included two shorts ("D&DD/Hamhocks & Armlocks", "Filet of Soul/Golden Diskette", "Sassy Come Home/Photo Finish"), but when they realized they weren't airing Rude Removal, they had to stretch the other two shorts to fit the 21~ minutes of airtime.

Hopefully Genndy or Craig can chime in on this.

19. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

Yeah, this was clearly meant to be a real episode that never made it on TV. Just replace the title card and it could have easily fit in with the show.

Still, it's nice to get one more classic-era "Dexter's Lab" again after, let's see...15 years. Holy moley, has it been that long since the show's been on the air!?

20. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Also, Dexter's "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" line at the beginning reminded me of Shana.

Good God, I can't believe I actually made a connection between one of Cartoon Network's all time classic series and an anime I haven't even seen yet despite doing a fair bit of research on it.