1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "True Worth Beginning To Show! Treacherous Buu!" [9/30]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Sep 30, 2017.

1. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Somehow I think Ocean Dub made that death more gruesome than Kai did for some reason.

2. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

Babidi's death* is probably a bad thing in the long run, but I'm glad to see him go.

*Assuming he stays dead; on this series, you never know.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

4. Master Knight DH

Master Knight DH Active Member

By the way, somebody else's reaction video to the whole thing in the original dub, though it includes stuff from the next episode, I believe, so ya know, minor SPOILERS:

5. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

Picking up where we last left off, Super Saiyan 3 Goku fights Majin Buu in order to stall him while Trunks looks for the Dragon Radar at Capsule Corporation. During the fight, Buu reveals he is able to copy abilities after seeing them used once, as shown when Buu uses one of Vegeta's attacks and then copies the Kamehameha after Goku uses it. Bulma remembers the Dragon Radar is in the airship they used earlier and, thanks to Videl having a cellphone on hand, she is able to call her parents so they can pass the information along to Trunks.

Sensing Trunks is heading back to the Lookout, Goku returns to his Normal Form and asks Buu to hold off on killing any more innocent lives and wait for the boys to come to him, promising him a great battle with powerful opponents if he is patient. Babidi laughs off the idea and plans to kill more innocent lives just to spite Goku, who responds that he'll ask King Yemma to make things painful for Babidi once he gets to Hell and leaves with Instant Transmission. Babidi berates Buu for Goku leaving and orders him to find the Saiyan but Buu says he has a great idea and motions for Babidi to get closer so he can whisper it. In truth, Buu tricked Babidi and grabs him by the throat so he won't be able to say the spell to put him back in the ball and the demon says he's done being bossed around by the wizard. The episode ends with Majin Buu punching Babidi's head off, thus killing the wizard.

The SS3 Goku Vs Majin Buu fight was one of my favorites and I liked the DBZ Kai version of it too. I remember being satisfied that Babidi was killed because of his mistreatment towards Buu and his habit of killing minions when he thought they weren't useful to him anymore meant he had no one to protect him, he really should have listened to Dabura's warnings. As usual, I'm interested in seeing what the DBZ Kai Version keeps and leaves out for the rest of the Majin Buu Sub-Saga.

6. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

The long nose is a reference to the mythical Tengu creature, which, for reasons I can't remember, is associated with pride or boastfulness.

• Informative Informative x 1