1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "Find The Nuisances: Babidi's Retaliation Begins!" [9/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Sep 9, 2017.

1. animePWNS

animePWNS It's here!

It's like Excalibur, except it doesn't yell "FOOL!" all the time.

2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

At least there's no albino Cthulhu elephants or ham-fisted Norse mythology.

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

...and that thing about only spending two days tops in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber gets retconned in Super, if the most recent dubbed episode is any indication.

Also, Goku being all strict while the young ones are sad about Vegeta and Gohan adds more fuel to people hating him.

4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Gohan: "Funny, I had a story about something like this back in my world."

Yeah, but the story turned out to be so....

[​IMG]

Lame! And also, he's so....

[​IMG]

5. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

After a week long delay, we resume the DBZ Kai version of the Buu Saga. Picking up where we left up, Babidi uses his magic to telepathically talk to the people of Earth and reveals how petty he is by wanting to go after Goten, Trunks & Piccolo. To ensure others will comply with his demands, Babidi has Majin Buu turn a city full of people into candy to be eaten by the demon and then blow the city up, threatening to do the same to the rest of the world over the course of 5 days until the 3 turn themselves into the wizard. He also mentions that the people simply need to telepathically contact him as his magic is doing all the work.

One of the World Tournament staff members telepathically contacts Babidi to tell him their names...but Babidi doesn't care about their names and blows up his head for giving him "useless information". Piccolo is considering going to confront Babidi, but Goku talks him out of it by mentioning Piccolo will have to pick up teaching the boys the Fusion technique once Goku's time is up and that they can use the Dragon Balls to undo Buu's actions. Goten & Trunks wake up afterwards and decide to investigate where they are, unaware of Mr. Popo looking for them. Meanwhile, Shin & Kibito bring Gohan to the Planet of the Kais and heals him back to full health. Gohan thinks he's dead at first but is quickly assured by the Supreme Kai that he is still alive but has been brought to this sacred realm in the hopes of using a weapon called the "Z-Sword". Kibito is baffled by this as he says none of the Supreme Kais have been able to "free" the Z-Sword but Shin responds that Kibito didn't see just how powerful the Saiyans are due to being dead.

Back on Kami's Lookout, Mr. Popo finds Goten & Trunks eating some food but they try to escape from him thinking he is an enemy. Goku soon finds them all and clears up where they are and what's going on. Back on the Planet of the Kais, Kibito finds Gohan's battle damaged outfit to be an "insult" to their location and uses the "Clothes Beam" to give Gohan a Supreme Kai outfit. They eventually reach the Z-Sword trapped in a rock and Gohan notes the similarities to "Sword in the Stone". The episode ends with Goku yelling at the boys to stop crying and that learning the Fusion technique is the best way to avenge their fallen loved ones.

Back when I saw Regular DBZ on the Old Toonami, I was surprised about the Z-Sword existing since I thought Future Trunks would be the only character who would actually use a sword for battle (this was also before the 13th DBZ Movie was dubbed). Although I do understand Goku's point about them being pressed for time, I still thought he came off as needlessly harsh towards Goten & Trunks about mourning Vegeta's death and Gohan's (alleged) death; I always felt there could have been a better way to get the point across to them. I see they kept the filler of Mr. Popo holding his own against the Super Saiyan kids; a part of me wonders if that scene helped inspire Team Four Star on their take of Mr. Popo.

6. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

Back in the day, I toyed with a fanfic dealing with Videl asking everyone about Gohan (the person he 'was', their connection to him, etc.), and being emotionally angry about how indifferent Goku seemed to be about his death (remembering how her own mother died).

These episodes (and everyone's reaction to Vejita and Gohan's death) were my first experience with the Japanese version, collecting the DVD at the time.

Chichi is going to have a heart attack if she sees those earrings (I made the comment the last time the Saga aired back in the milennium).

7. QWER5

QWER5 Member

In Super it's a different, improved time chamber.

If people are upset about Goku going they don't have a lot of time when they don't have a lot of time, that just says those people have skewed priorities. Which, I mean, isn't anything new.

8. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Goku was needlessly harsh. If you're going to draft two children to face a mass-murderer, at least be kinder about it. Rearing children (or dealing with people in general) is obviously not his strong-suit.

9. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

More proof that Vegeta and Piccolo are better fathers than Goku.

10. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Eh, Piccolo wasn't much better with Gohan after Goku died back in the Saiyan Saga. And Vegeta would've probably said the same thing if he were in Goku's situation, but worse.