1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "A Creeping Conspiracy! The Target is Gohan!" [4/15]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Apr 15, 2017.

1. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

It would be nice if Shin explained himself to the characters--and us. Why should anyone trust him?

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So we listened to them and Gohan got gang banned, yup let's continue to trust them.

3. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 Member

Today's episode begins with Gohan asking the World Tournament Announcer if they could hold off starting the next match until his dad returns with the Senzu Beans and he agrees to do so. Goku returns soon after and decides to let Gohan be the one to deliver a Senzu Bean to Videl. Despite Hercule/Mr. Satan/Mark being against it, Videl trusts Gohan and she makes a full recovery thanks to the Senzu Bean. Without the bandana, Sharpner, Erasa and a 3rd high school student (some sources claim his name is "Pen" but I have not been able to verify if these claims are true or false) figure out Gohan is Great Saiyaman and attempt to cheer him on.

As the next match begins, Kibito says it's important for Gohan to turn Super Saiyan so "they can see how strong [he] is" but Gohan refuses as he doesn't want to be exposed as the Gold Fighter too. Not wanting to disobey the Supreme Kai, Piccolo tells Gohan to do as Kibito says and Gohan proceeds to take it a step further and goes Super Saiyan 2 (but Vegeta comments that it's not as impressive compare to when he used it in the Cell Saga). Shin asks the Z-Fighters not to interfere and apologizes that he is using Gohan as bait, he proceeds to paralyze Gohan and allows Spopovitch & Yamu to drain his energy with the device they have and escape. When it is all over, Shin assures the others Kibito will heal Gohan and asks for their help as he tracks the duo. The episode ends with Spopovitch & Yamu talking about how someone named "Babidi" will be pleased and that someone they call "Majin" (which is Japanese for "Demon Person") will return.

This marks the conclusion of the "World Tournament Sub-Saga" and I remember how surprised I was to see the tournament being interrupted back when I saw the Regular DBZ version of this episode on the Old Toonami. The end of the episode provides some hints for what's to come for the viewers unfamiliar with this saga, specifically with the name drops of "Babidi" and "Majin".

4. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Goku sure likes to watch his son get beat up in tournaments? I mean a deity told him it would be okay, but still. Nice that Videl's up and about again (I reiterate, in Dragon Ball Z, any fighter not named Goku is guaranteed one awful beatdown, though Videl being one of the few female fighters just makes it worse). It's kind of weird that 18 hasn't been onscreen to show her reactions to the matches, although knowing her she'd probably be more stoic than Piccolo.

5. QWER5

QWER5 Member

So are we just ignoring all the times Goku got a beatdown in Z then? Videl being a girl only makes it worse if you assume it happened to her because she was female, or that it was unusually brutal for the series, neither of which is true.

6. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

The point people (not necessarily me) have been trying to make is that Videl's one of the few female combatants in this show, so watching her lose in her first "serious" fight is a little unfortunate.

And yes, I forgot that Goku isn't exempt from horrible trauma (his fight with Raditz didn't end well for either of them).