C&C - Code Geass - "The White Knight Awakens" [5/3]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Space Cadet, May 2, 2008.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Well, last week's talkback went over 200 posts. How many will this week be. Oh, and the second episode will air in its new timeslot tomorrow at 1 AM Eastern. So, that's a little victory for the show so far.

Also, please keep major spoilers out of the threads. That includes hinting at things(For example: "You thought that was good, just wait until..."). Let people watching for the first time experience the events without being spoiled.

2. bigdeath

bigdeath A Legend is Born

First post! :anime:

I'm watching the dub now on the fix so I'll be able to judge the VAs better with this episode.

3. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Overall, another good episode. Ironic that Suzaku, the very person that refused to fire at Lelouch in the previous episode, ends up actually fighting him by use of the Lancelot unit, although they don't realize it. I also enjoyed Clovis' encounter with Lelouch, and how shocked Clovis seemed when Lelouch explained to him who he is.

4. XOMiss_Samantha

XOMiss_Samantha New Member

Lulu's sudden change of attitude sure is nice. Ego trips for the win, ya?
    The maniacal laugh right after Lulu begins to take the advantage was well done. That was good JYB. pravo.

LLOYD!!!What a dork. A sarcastic dork :3 He makes this show amusing.
    Suzaku has pretty eyes.
    Crispin does an amazing job. Did I mention Suzaku's eyes?

Lulu is basically a tactical genius. Maybe I should learn chess.
    hah im such a Shinichiro Tamaki fan. Him and his constant screaming and complaining.

Curse you, family blood lines! ruining the brotherly love. Or lack of love.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  5. bigdeath

What? No preview. :eek: HOW DARE THEY!

None the less, lulus laugh is better with the Japanese VA but oh well, what you gona do?

6. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind New Member

This is the episode that hooked me.

I love anime tactical chess games. ^^

7. bigdeath

Oh, yes. I was sold by this eppy as well.

8. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Same here.

I'm getting sick of them cutting out the ending stuff but hey what are you gonna do

9. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

Yeah, give it up to JYB to proving us wrong.
    He's got the laugh down.
    It was truly fantastic
    Something Brad Swaile's Light will have to prove to me is good right at the end.

Kirk Thornton's Ogi sounded pretty good, didn't think it we be all that great but it was.

Liam's Lloyd is great and Yuri's Suzaku is on key.
    Things are going great for the dub.

I'll post the link to the Episode 3 Preview when Bandai gets it up.

10. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Yeah, that had to have been the best part. And, Clovis is Lelouch's half-older brother? Interesting, very interesting.

11. bigdeath

I remember that when I first watch this eppy that I thought lulu was lying and just impersonating someone he wasn't. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. And from that moment on I was hooked and I desperately needed to watch the next eppy. :anime:

12. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Great episode. I'm now really interested to learn more about Lulu. The mecha battles in this episode easily outdoes any Gundam series and are almost on par with EVA. There wasn't too much politics and a lot more character drama. I think I'm really starting to see what all the fuss is about.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Well, it's certainly better than the last episode... but I still feel a sense of apathy when watching. I mean, yeah, he's winning, and now he's fighting, and now he's being smart, and so forth, but I really don't care about what happens. To be honest, other than the completely over-the-top bad guys that are hilarious and fun to watch, I see no real appeal.

But hey, it's on between Death Note and Shin-Chan, so I guess I have no real excuse not to watch it... still, it hasn't risen very high above complete mediocrity to me. Is this really the best it gets?

P.S. - Am I the only one who gets REALLY annoyed by the technobabble whenever a mech is booting up or something? "Vitals low, all thrusters online" while there's weird beeps and quick shots of the various people involved. I find a a lot of anime cliches bearable, but for some reason I really hate that one.

14. garfield15

Answer to first question: Absolutely not

Response to P.S.-you aren't alone buddy. I really find that extremely annoying. Yes I can understand that there is a lot that goes into starting up a futuristic machine and I can understand expressing that reality and complexity, but do you really think we have to hear it? Or at least all of it? Like just one or two lines saying its starting up would be fine. I felt the same way with Evangelion.

15. bigdeath

johnny139:

I don't know if you'll like the show then because while the action gets more intense and there's plenty of character development its essentially the same formula in use. But if your willing to watch go right ahead. That formula being a lot of Lelouch and his plans and how he deals with the unknown.

Response to P.S.-

Blame people like me because I love techno talk when they launch. Thats one of the reasons I love the new Battlestar Galactica, the way they show the raptors launching and all thats involved in that (plus the maintenance).

16. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

Very cool.
    -This is Sunrise's best-looking, best-moving show in ages. Love the little animation touches like Lelouch twirling the chess piece.
    -Lelouch is way cooler than Light (he gets to pilot friggin' mechs! Beat that, Kira!), and he doesn't make me want to punch his lights out every time he opens his mouth. This may be because, to some extent, he actually understands the value of consequences (I refer to his line, "Of course. Real battle is always different..."), and that he goes out of his way to save the "terrorists" when he's threatening Clovis, and makes sure that nothing else is destroyed, or no one else is killed by the Britannians.
    -Speaking of which, that scene is a neat little bit of misdirection. You think that he's using the Geass until Clovis says, "There. Are you satisfied?" At which point it's revealed that Lelouch is just holding him at gunpoint.
    -Me after Lelouch's reveal at the end of the episode: "Ah, the plot thickens..."
    -I am beginning to think that Amy Kincaid, the actress who voices Shirley, either really has a lisp or is being directed to use one in her performance. If it's the latter, I have no idea why. The rest of the dub is awesome, and I continue to smile at actors such as Sam Regal, Liam O'Brien, Crispin Freeman, Peter Spellos, and occasionally Mr. Bosch getting to unleash their inner ham.

I continue to be intrigued by Code Geass.

17. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

Wee, I <3 the White Knight.

The dub continues to be pretty good. I'm still not loving Shirley or Kallen, but everyone else sounds good. Liam's Lloyd is fabulous. Completely spot on and over the top like he should be. Yuri's Suzaku is perfect and JYB really let loose on a laugh this episode that sold me. I thought he sounded good before but that really put me over the edge.

I love the scene where Suzaku wakes up to Lloyd and Cecil and within the span of a few moments becomes a Knightmare pilot (wee, suiting up scene ;)). And the Lancelot is badass. His launch is awesome and I lol'd at it knocking Lloyd over. Speaking of Lloyd, I've always thought the way he references Suzaku as a piece of equipment to fit into the Lancelot is... interesting. Definitely shows his mindset compared to most people :sweat:

And dun dun dun, Lelouch made it all the way through to Clovis and reveals that he is royalty and was assumed dead. It's crazy to think that Lelouch went from playing chess a few hours earlier to holding Clovis at gunpoint.

18. garfield15

I know right? Looking back at this show, you wonder how the heck did he do that in the span of two episodes

19. bigdeath

Also, remember that those two episodes span only about a few hours in one day. :eek:

20. dawnyoshi

dawnyoshi Lurking and hating since 2002!

Major change in opinion. I'm currently halfway through the second episode. Really starting to like it.

Okay. Really likeing this. Can't wait for next week's episode. The designs parallel a few older animes (somewhat of X, the white/black parallel between the guy piloting Lancelot and Lelouce if that's how his name is spelled).

Also, something I forgot to mention last week: woah, first Clamp thing I've seen on AS. Wowzers!