C&C - Blue Exorcist - "The Devil Resides in Human Souls" [2/22] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by macattack, Feb 22, 2014.

1. macattack

macattack I see you!

All right, since no one has done it, I'll do it for this week.

Tonight begins a new show on Toonami. You may have already seen it, as it streamed as it aired in Japan, and then ran in 2012 on the Neon Alley streaming service in dub format. One of the hottest new names in shonen anime and manga, and perhaps the biggest hit in Jump Square, Toonami presents Blue Exorcist.

Summary for episode 1:

No spoilers: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! All spoiler talk must be taken to the anime forum or through pm! Please have respect for all new viewers or else Satan himself will be coming for YOU.

Enjoy the episode. Sleep is always for the weak. :tom:

2. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

Hey, hey, fellow people who complain about shows. I have some sad news. As you may have already heard, Blue Exorcist will be airing on Toonami. Or, as you may have seen me calling it for the past few weeks, Generic: the anime. Truly, this is one of the most boring shows to come out in very recent memory. With its bland UVERworld OP, to its bland characters that feel like they’ve been pulled straight out of TVTropes, it’s a surprise that this managed to get twenty-five episodes.

Okay, enough with that. This show is boring. It’s dull. Think Moribito with slightly more action. Or Kekkaishi with slightly more devil references. Nothing about this series stands out from anything else in its shounen-y zone. It’s not a bad show, it’s just really boring. The first two episodes make you think that it might be different but beware! It’s just a lie and it all goes away and you’re left wondering, “Why did I watch this? Am I a masochist?”

I know what you’re thinking: “Bah, what does Lambda know? She hates everything!” True, but this show is something I gave a chance to! When I dropped it at episode 8, I was told “You’re not missing much from the ending, trust me.”

Take my advice and do not watch this show. It’s not bad, but it’s boring (which is worse than bad imo). You might even accidentally fall asleep and miss Black Lagoon. This show isn’t riffing material like Sword Art Online or good like, um, [insert a good show here]. It’s just blah. People have recommended reading the manga. I’m not going to do that, but I’ll recommend reading it just so you don't watch the show.

That said: dropped.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Getting off from violence

Weirdly enough I remembered seeing a lot of fanart from deviantart but for some reason it stopped. It was one of the fastest drawing fad I ever remembered and judging from the episodes I seen I can see why and wondering why toonami wont get Baccano. Off topic what do you think of Fairy Tail more or less generic than Blue Exorcist

4. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

I'd rather sit through all of Blue Exorcist twice than watch an episode of Fairy Tail. I'd take generic shounen over bad shounen.

5. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Generic is generic. Hard to be more generic than something else.

That said... this show bored the frack out of me when I tried watching it the last time. I won't be doing talkbacks for it.

6. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Actually, Moribito is a good show (yeah yeah, I know. My opinion, your opinion).

Actually I was thinking, "Holy crap! Lambda's a girl?!"

7. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Well, I'm a sucker for Church Militants, being a fan of Chrono Crusade and Warrior Nun Areala. Time to take on Generic: The Anime!

... I wonder if that was the original title of White Wolf's EXALTED RPG.

8. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Hey. I liked Moribito.

Well, Sword Art Online wasn't all that terrible...apart from the defiled soul, the unclean eyeballs, and the notion that human beings are soulless, sadistic, inherently evil monsters with no redeeming values whatsoever. Hopefully Blue Exorcist will be an improvement on the lineup.

9. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Its not as bad as Sword Art. IT IS about as bad as Pilot Candidate though.

10. Gatomon41

You mean the anime whose plot sounds so convoluted with technobabble and was cancelled before it could get done?

11. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Lord Dalek is a straight-up liar when he talks about this show! I'm just setting that straight.

On another note, Azunyan will be in this show. And she'll be a recurring character this time.

12. Gatomon41

I was talking about Pilot Candidate.

Azunyan? YAY :D

13. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

14. Zipp_Rezzeppa

Zipp_Rezzeppa No dice, Cowboy!

As much access as there was to this show when it first came out I completely spaced over it never checking out even the first episode. I'll check it out with my fingers crossed tonight, but I'm not expecting much. I honestly haven't liked anything Aniplex has put out in YEARS! Which would probably explain why I spaced over it.

15. Gatomon41

Please let it be a hammy role.

16. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Hmmmm..... it is, but probably not as hammy as Sam Regal's role.

17. animePWNS

animePWNS Do a barrel roll!

This week on SAO: Nothing, because it's been Exorcised from the schedule.

18. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Sorry, LD, but...I watch anything once. Except hentai. That's just how I roll.

Besides, today's my birthday. And Toonami's given me a new series as a present. Who am I to turn it down?

O I c wut u did thar.

19. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Previously on Soul Eater: ......Oh, no, wait.

Oh. A Christian church.

Oh no, wait, this is the kickass Christianity with magic and bleeding faces.

20. animePWNS

animePWNS Do a barrel roll!

Statue crying blood, not a good sign.

What a brutal start...