C&C - Blue Exorcist - "Satan's Spawn" [8/2]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Gold Guy, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Last Time: Satan revealed to Yukio that his granddad was a liar pants on fire, and that it was he who ordered the mother's death! And Satan is actually a nice guy...except that he steals Yukio's body, so now Rin may have to do something drastic!

This Time: A horde of demons come to Earth through the Gehenna Gate. Meanwhile, Rin may have to deal with Yukio!

THIS IS IT, THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE! SO NO SPOILERS, OR ELSE YOU'LL GET POSSESSED AND STUFF!

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Last week... Asuna had consensual intercourse with SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATAN and gave birth to Kirito. No really! Way to go BangZoom... >_<

This week... Despite me vastly preferring Panty & Stocking to it... why isn't it Gurren Lagann O'Clock yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  3. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Last Week: We discover that stupidity runs deep in Rin's family. Nice job doing something stupid for your personal pride, Yuri.

This Week: Alas, going have to miss the episode. Brothers are visiting.

4. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Last time: "Satan's not a bad guy! He's just misunderstood! Why can't we just give him a chance?"

5. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Satan has possessed the Black Ranger!

6. JShaggy

JShaggy Completely Out of Character

Last time: Kneesocks spawned the Children of Satan, yet still died a fool in the end.

This time: A fight between brothers, Part ..... screw it.

7. Kitschensyngk

Well, Rin, you always said you wanted to beat the sxxx outta Satan...now's your chance.

And vent some sibling rivalry-induced aggression as well. A twofer.

So you're not the "question-your-faith" type, are you?

DADDY ALWAYS LIKED YOU BEST!!!

Add two cups of sugar and bake at 450 degrees for thirty minutes!

ALL OF YOUR MOTHERS COMMIT CERTAIN EXPLICIT SEXUAL ACTIVITIES IN HELL!!!

He IS Satan. Already undressing her with his eyes. (Not that Shura's outfit leaves much to the imagination, of course...)

8. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

If T&A really could kill Satan, then hentai would be sacred!

9. Kitschensyngk

Heaven help them, they are SO going to die.

10. JShaggy

The apocalypse is spreading.

If Shura couldn't stop Satan, what makes Shiemi think she could do any better?

11. Kitschensyngk

*hums Flying Monkeys theme*

Inuyasha, Witch Hunter Robin...hell, CHRONO CRUSADE did it better.

Not only evil, but a chauvinist pig.

And the Warden does nothing to help.

Did she just flip off Satan?

Begging...Satan...to stop. THAT'S your plan?

She is SO over her crush on you.

HE'S IN HERE WITH US.

Well...that was out of left field.

12. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

13. Kitschensyngk

What happened to that bullet wound in your gut?

By the way, you choked your secret admirer and beat up your coworker. You don't seem too shaken up about that.

And the warden STILL does nothing to help. If this were MY school, I'd transfer.

14. JShaggy

Logic was thrown out a long time ago, along with the show itself.

Next week is the finale. Thank God. This nightmare will soon be over.

15. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, next week's episode is literally THE END of Blue Exorcist as far as the anime is concerned due to its source material deviations. The movie isn't a continuation either.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty decent. Considering how Satan said he was waiting all these years to take control over one his sons, I almost thought that they were going to contradict what they just established in the last episode to make it clear that he is completely evil, which I actually would have been okay with due to how they already contradicted themselves with that flashback episode anyway. But then they had to go on with having Satan do this so that humans and demons could live together in peace. As stupid and nonsensical as the idea of this series' version of Satan falling in love and wanting that kind of world is in the first place, at least Yuri wasn't forced into her union with Satan. She chose to do so. Again, it was completely stupid for so many reasons, but the choice wasn't forced upon her to follow Satan. Besides that, the people who would survive all of this wouldn't be looking forward to living along side demons. They'd want to kill them like always to protect themselves and each other, so even if this plan worked, it would not b the world Satan and Yuri wanted with humans and demons living together in peace. The plans in these last few episodes have been especially stupid.

The action was pretty good, although I could have done without the awkward focus on Shura's breasts. Shimei trying to talk to Yukio in spite of the danger showed how much she cared about him. It obviously wasn't the smartest idea when she had no protection other than her familiar's branches and no other plan, but her determination to help Yukio was still noticeable. Rin trying to get Yukio back himself worked surprisingly well. I kind of figured that he would help get him out just due to the fact that they're brothers, but it seemed a bit too quick and easy. I wasn't expecting those creepy eyeless demons of Yukio inside of his mind. Rin being shot just as he was reaching out to Yukio was surprising. As for what happened to that gun wound, I thought that Rin's demon blood helped his body to heal. I thought that Rin telling Yukio not to commit suicide because of how he felt so alone after their father had died was a nice moment between them. I wasn't expecting Satan to leave Yukio's body at that point.

Overall, it was a pretty decent episode with some good action and nice character moments here and there. I'm kind of curious to see how the finale works in resolving this conflict, as well as apparently making it impossible for them to do a continuation.

17. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Cohorts,

very enjoyable episode. wondering how everything will wrap up and what form satan will take to fight rin and yukio.

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

I liked the brother moment Rin and Yukio had at the end. It was sweet. We also had some pretty good animation.

Otherwise, the plot got messy a while ago. Oh well, Hope the finale is decent.

19. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

If nothing else, I did like how Satan genuinely cared about Yuri, instead of being completely one-dimensionally evil and uncaring.