C&C - Bleach - "Desperate Effort Vs Desperate Effort! The Hollowized.." (166) [11/14]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Neo Ultra Mike, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Well everyone last week me and Megaman X were too late to post the talkbacks but this time we're right on time. And I'm doing the Bleach talkback for the 1AM episode tonight, the second to last episode of the 7th Season...

BLEACH EPISODE 166!

LAST TIME:

THIS TIME:

NOTE ONE: Next week we are getting a repeat of this episode and then the final episode of this season, 167. After that Adult Swim will run a repeat of the first movie the week after and for the first week of December premiere the Second Bleach movie The Diamond Dust Rebellion (that Megaman X is doing the talkback for).

NOTE TWO: No talks of characters, plot points, arcs or fights after this considering this is a spoiler free zone.

And now the Espada Roll Call.

Well that's it. Enjoy the episode everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
  2. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

I've been waiting to hear this dubbed for almost 2 years (does 1 year about 8 months count) primarily to see how the VAs handle the variance of emotion during the battle...there are too many moments that just made me realize out of all episodes of this season, this was the best animated for the time being. This is going to be a good one and I hope everyone enjoys it!

Plus we hear encirclement battle during the fight and that seems to be ominous for a wonderful knock down, dragout fight...at least apparently in this anime anyway...

3. Silver Soul

Silver Soul New Member

This is my favorite episode of Bleach, yes including the superior Substitute Soul Reaper and Soul Society arcs this one just stands out

4. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

I have to say one of my favorite canon episodes of bleach. Everything just blended together extremely well here and I won't spoil a thing but I will definitely say some more on the arrancar side will be introduced as well as some eerie commentary from someone regarding ichigo v grimjow iii...considering the commentary though I find it a bit unique that it seems regardless of side, Ichigo is respected...and it has been seen before in several arcs just because he has this ungodly ability to raise his spiritual pressure above everyone else at such an early age and minus a 50 year minimum that rukia, renji and the other captains have.

And on an unrelated note, doesn't bleach seem to be like wrestling? Scripting, building for an epic fight just to realize there is someone stronger (espada there is someone stronger I'm sure). Just hit me bleach follows a similar formula that the wwe uses...scary

5. Vyse

Vyse New Member

6. Silver Soul

Silver Soul New Member

Almost showtime! :anime:
    Can't wait!:D

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Last time: Strawberry Boy vs. Grimmjow. Round three.

Oh yeah, and Ulquiorra gets sent to the Dead Zone.

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

This should be interesting. This is an awesome episode. It has a great battle, not to mention a little bonus at the end for us shippers.

9. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Episode Ledian starts now!

10. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Last Time: Grimmjow literally sends Ulquiorra into the next dimension. Ichigo comes back and asks Orihime to heal Grimmjow so they can fight. Orihime assures Nel that Ichigo will win. Ichigo pulls out his hollow mask.

SHOWTIME!

11. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Previously on Bleach: Grimmjow sends Ulquiorra to another dimension (for realz y'all), gets a bit too close to Orihime, dukes it out with Ichi, plays head games with him, and finishes up by making him put on his mask. Hmm, it was a very Grimmy episode. Oh, and Ori and Nel had a heart to heart talk.

"After his defeat at the hands of Ulquiorra..."

Huh, that's a new one.

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Okay and recap begins... now!

13. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

He sent himself to somewhere else so he could fight Ichigo? Even anime physics has its limits.

14. Silver Soul

Silver Soul New Member

We're almost at the end fellas, next week and bye bye Bleach for who knows when

15. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Kaaaaaa-meeeeee-haaaaaa-meeeeee-HAAAAAAA!

You've been held hostage in Hell for several episodes, and THIS freaks you out?

16. Neo Ultra Mike

Okay and the recap ends up only being two minutes. For Bleach nowadays that's actually pretty good.

Oh and BTW look at the animation quality now. Seems a bit imrpoved even if it's only being used so far for having Orihime shake some.

17. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

How many episodes are left?

18. Silver Soul

Silver Soul New Member

Orihime: Is this the man I feel in love with? How are kids gonna look like?

19. Vyse

Vyse New Member

You know the good thing about the recaps from the show itself? Easy digest of what you've missed while thinking to type.

Also, recap lasted 1:48 from my stopwatch (started a second late and ended a second late); thanks, Neo Ultra Mike for taking the challenge with me. And JYB in hollow mask is freaky auto-tuned.

20. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Aww... Ichigo says he's sorry to Orihime if he frightened her. :anime: