C&C- Bleach - "A New Enemy! The True Nature of the Sword Beasts"[6/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Neo Ultra Mike, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Well people, tonight we've got yet another new episode of Bleach on Toonami continuing with the last "full" filler arc before we finally end the Karakura Town arc. What's this one about? Tune in and find out, oh and find out a bit below as well...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bleach 257:Sword Beast Arc​

Opening 11:Anima Rosa- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ociriebR_zI
    Ending 22:Leaving you​
    Last time: Bleach Anime Head Writer: Okay people we finished the Muramasa arc and now can move back onto adapting the actual manga. (people cheer at this).
    Bleach Anime Executive: Uh sorry you're going to have to hold out on that.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Huh? Why?
    Bleach Anime Executive: Thing is we need to start back in with the Karakura Town arc at the beginning of season 12, but that will be in 266 so we need you guys to fill about say... 10 episodes before that.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: But we ENDED the Muramasa story and the story of the Zanpakto. How are we going to stretch for that amount of time?
    Bleach Anime Executive: Yeah you figure that one out. (leaves but then peaks his head back in) Oh and you only have five minutes to come up with what you're going to do so get on that. (leaves fully).
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Oh come on! (Sighs) Well let's see uh... hey the Zanpakto arc did well right?
    Bleach Writer 3: Yeah.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: And we never said the zanpakto had returned to their sword forms for good right?
    Bleach Writer 2: Actually we did kind of say that at the end of the last episode.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Well uh.... let's pretend we left it more vague. Anyway, what we should do is just create a bunch of one shot about the zanpakto spirits. The popular ones and maybe some outliners if we run out of ideas to do with the popular ones.
    Bleach Writer 4: Doing what?
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Well uh the sword spirits are uh fighting... something. Like maybe... other sword spirits that you know... they did... things and...
    Bleach Write 5: Like what the spirits of swords that died during the last arc?
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Oh that's perfect! That way we don't have to really worry about what powers or appearences they are if they don't tie into everyone else. We could make a Wolverine clone and it would fit perfectly.
    Bleach Writer 2: No it wouldn't.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Yes it would. Why wouldn't it?
    Bleach Writer 2: Well how exactly would those sword spirits be alive if zanpakto die when their master die and Muramasa only survived so long due to absorbing hollow? Also only his power allowed the zanpakto to have any sort of physical form like that so how would they still be around and how would other swords not even in the battle be around-
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: A wizard did it... I mean, no one will care about that so let's move on. Okay so anyway there are these sword beasts and they uh.... what's something wacky that could happen?
    Bleach Writer 4: Uh... they attack a party?
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Oh brilliant, brillaint!
    Bleach Writer 4: Not really, I just thought of it randomly since I had no other ideas, unless you wanted to use crab people.
    Bleach Anime Head Writer: Maybe next arc but for now they attack a party and the zanpatko plan to catch them again by throwing another party since that's comedy gold, I think. And uh... maybe we'll throw in some last minute drama and lots of exposition to round things out. (looks at the clock) Well that's five so now I can get this to the exectuvies and we can get working on this post haste. (Leaves).
    Bleach Writer 3: .... Isn't this how the Captain Amagai arc was plotted out?
    Bleach Writer 2: No remember he was only given two minutes and was drunk at the time.
    Bleach Writer 3: oh yeah.

Today: We get to see more sword fiend battles. What is revealed about their true nature? I don't think it's anything that important but find out tonight if this episode actually furthers whatever little connecting "plot" this little arc even has.

Like always for this run of the show, here's the Zanpakto Information Chart. Created by RockmanDash and thought of by me, this gives you all the up to date info on what the zanpaktos are doing as of this arc in case you forget their names or looks or what have you.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! If you must talk about something outside of this episode please refer to the anime forum or discuss it through pm! This talkback is about this episode ONLY.

NOTE: What I can tell you is that this Sword Beast arc even if it wasn't done like I suggested it was, is a last minute idea by the anime team in order to stretch out the season so they can restart the Karakura Town arc at 266 (which as I have told you before is simply a recap episode). And that all these episodes are pretty much just one shots either comedic or "dramatic" focusing on some of the Zanpakto and maybe some other characters. Are they any good? I remember liking a couple of them and hating some others so we'll be covering what is what in due time.

Countdown to the return of Fake Karakura: 9 episodes!

Well that's it everyone! Enjoy this bleach on Toonami or at least talk about it here on what you didn't like about it!

2. macattack

macattack I see you!

Doesn't mean anything but has anyone noticed how Julie Ann Taylor voices Rukia's sword? She uses a really elegant and maternal voice that distinctive and warm. If you delve into Rukia's past she was probably lonely a lot so maybe that's why her sword would take on maternal qualities so Rukia would never feel alone and isolated even though she kinda was. Yes, I'm putting layers into Bleach that aren't really there, but . . . ah, forget it.

I didn't know Taylor had a voice like that. I knew she could do Haineko in her sleep, but Rukia's sword came as a bit of a surprise.

3. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Previously on Bleach

Random sword spirits appear, one of whom is a Wolverine clone, and the SS throws a party, because that's their solution to everything.

4. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

And here we have some enemies to fight that originate via our swords. Wait, what the hell were we fighting for the last 8+ weeks then?

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

No rap music this week?
    Well, we do get the bump music from Adult Swim Action 2002. That's a nice tribute.

6. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Yeah she does a good job. I hope she voices a certain female character in the final anime arc, (hint she has has some screen time with Rukia and Orhime) I could totally invision her voice coming from that character's mouth. Anyone else agree?

7. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

New Toonami intro. Boy, does this music take me back.

Oh, Ichigo, that's cruel.

8. Kitschensyngk

Huh. Keigo's back. And he's still annoying as hell.

How'd we get from Ichigo in his school clothes to Ichigo in is Reaper garb so fast?

Aww, man, not YOU GUYS again. Ever since you guys kept showing up this show's gotten incredibly dull.

9. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

"I'll call these creatures Sword Beasts."

As usual SS, always taking a civilized approach to things.

"That guy's got issues."

Yeah, no s**t.

10. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Hi Keigo.

Bye Keigo.

If he positioned it just right, that guy with the scythe could hit the hole Ivan Ooze was trapped in.

11. The Talon

The Talon New Member

It's always nice to gather round with the rest of all us TZ members & come together from our mutual hatred of Bleach filler.

Dude is totally rocking dat pink hoodie.

12. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

What? Is the soul society run by Pinkie Pie now?

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

At least Ichigo is in this week's episode.

14. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Filler doll trio is back. Figured.

The bird biting the cat? That ain't natural.

15. Don_East

No. No! NO! NO! NOT AGAIN! NOT AGAIN! NO THE MOD SOULS!

**SUFFERS BOUNT ARC FLASH BACKS***

16. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Oh, hey Mod Souls. Still haven't died a horrible painful death? That's a shame, really.

Ah, Rangiku's cleavage. I can quite safely say that you are the only good thing left in this series.

17. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Remember this is actually filler filler.

18. Kitschensyngk

"I think you'd want to see these little beauties."
    You call THOSE little?!

19. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Oh Ichigo the more he resists, the more they throw themselves at him, girls like Rangiku and Yorichi love to mess with Ichigo.

Urahara is kind of a perv. LOL

20. Don_East

*AHEM*

Meanwhile, in another dimension...

"So many have died."

Fortunately they were nameless background characters.