C&C - Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 - "Intervention" [5/22]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Space Cadet, May 22, 2011.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

A new episode airs tonight at 11:45 PM Eastern.

2. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Carl's long awaited intervention at last?

3. JShaggy

JShaggy Completely Out of Character

I've forgotten how long it's been since I've watched Aqua Teen (now AUPS1).

DUI is a bad thing.

4. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

On the very first episode, Carl's very first line is being concerned on his car. Now, he wrecked his car, he's not the littlest bit concerned.

Carl is too jerky all of a sudden, too.

"Me and Jesus, we don't see eye to eye."
    Does he go to hell every time he dies?

What ever happened to Gee Weez?

5. Rabi~en~Rose

Rabi~en~Rose idolmaster

Carl is being Carl :erm: so they're all alive and back at their original homes :confused: the fabled "melon shakers"! booty pooty :lol: that cops everywhere Carl don't want him to be! Shakes words of wisdom are great! wildabeast.... ewww. unnecessary carnage ewww even more :( that was one seriously failed intervention!

6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

Didn't know Frylock was a Christian.

7. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Jesus's gay hairdresser? Only on this show.

8. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

The cop voiced by Idris Elba?! Awesome.

9. JShaggy

JShaggy Completely Out of Character

After watching this episode, you have to wonder how many people with DUI convictions had someone else start the car for them illegally.

10. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Active Member

Yeah. Kinda contradicts the Bible Fruit episode. I'd think anyone would be turned off from Christianity after that.

Still, good episode overall. For a minute there I thought we were gonna a (slightly) revamped Carl, because Shake was right. Carl's........well, deplorable lifestyle has really been quite disgusting and not really entertaining.

11. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Well, that was pretty good, so I don't have to doubt Dave's taste.

What? You're complaining about consistency now?

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Actually we've seen him as one in a few episodes. Like "Bad Replicant" with him wanting to go up to a good church so he was teaching Meatwad and Shake hyms. Or in "P.E Christmas" where he tried taking them to church for Christmas and the two just goofed off (actually in that episode Shake and Meatwad also didn't know the difference between Jesus and Santa either so that's a bit consistent). So it's not that out of place.

Personally I don't think this is the best ATHF episode but it's far from the worst. It is actually a lot better structured then a normal Aqua Teen or Aqua Unit episode (though really obvious that there's no real change to the series strucutre besides opening and ending and name really). The basic idea is that Carl gets super drunk and can't drive normally and hits rock bottom so Frylock tries showing him Jesus, but just meeds Rupert who gives him a ride at the end. And really besides Shake cutting himself to pieces (that he's still alive surpirsingly) there's nothing really in this one that would need to forgoe episode continuity like most episodes. And there were some pretty funny parts: Carl mocking the police officer, Frylock hiding from Carl who wanted to fly him everywhere, Shake and Meatwad obsessed with pulling on the carpet, Meatwad not getting "I know you and you don't know me", Meatwad and Carl both drunk, Meatwad asking the cop to blow on the breathalizer, Shake saying Carl should go out in a blaze of glory in the intervention, the Jesus clone being of his haidresser and Carl asking if he could father his hair. Though not a laugh riot it was well paced and had some good moments so really I think it should get a "this was pretty good" statement.

13. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Frolock=Christian, I've chalked this up to time skip plus him being a slight Christian, but not as devout as here. Also, Aqua Teen is so inconsistent it can't even keep the same show title, doesn't matter too much. Although it feels out of character, not that that's never happened before. Anyway, decent episode, I didn't love it like the bumb suggested I should though.

14. TailsRocket

TailsRocket New Member

I'm guessin' one of two things.

1. A context loophole allowing them to say it.

2. Standards and Practices just didn't care anymore.

15. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I still don't get why they changes the name of the show, but whatever....

Hilarious episode this week, I laughed out loud at Carl and how he was so trashed he just laid face down on the ground and held conversation with people, that was a classic moment for me. The whole storyline this week was great and I roared in laughter when Meatwad couldn't get the car to start because he was drinking, awesome....just awesome.

16. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

After 100 episodes and a feature film they wanted to change things up a bit, and outside of permanently removing/bringing in new main characters (which would really mess up the show's dynamic) there was no other way to do it.

17. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

Plus, going by what little continuity there is, Shake changed the name of the show in order to avoid the number 100 and the writers are just using that as some sort of meta method of going into the next season.

18. Ironhawk

Ironhawk New Member

Just saw this ep for the first time yesterday. Carl may have all sorts of problems but taste in music is definitely not one of them. A Krokus refernce? These writers must be even bigger 80's metalheads than I thought.