1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Butch Hartman hints new Danny Phantom movie on the way

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by alfa9delta, May 3, 2013.

1. Nick Fan 2.0

Nick Fan 2.0 Active Member

So Butch Hartman is basically saying that Nick is considering a DP comeback as long as Tuff Puppy (and maybe FOP) can do well

2. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Yeah, I saw his post on that. That's kind of rude of Nick to tell him that, when they're the ones who killed TP in the first place. It sounds like they told him "The only way we'll consider any sort of DP comeback, is if your shows ratings keep up to par."

3. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

If they even told him that at all. Butch has insisted for years that Danny Phantom has merely been on hiatus. I doubt Nickelodeon has told him that all of these years.

4. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Hiatus? Where did he get that idea from?

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure Butch knows that DP's return will likely never happen, and he's just egging his fans on to ensure TUFF Puppy gets good ratings.

6. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

Nick probably is CONSIDERING making new DP episodes. The only other show with a larger show with a cult base IZ also was considered for a comeback in 2010 but due to not being able to retain staff and the project being deemed as too costly Nick declined. With Butch still working for Nick this actually has a real chance of happening as besides IZ no other fan base has clamored as loudly for a return of their show as DP fans. Maybe Nick knows something about the performance of Shouts DP dvds we don't.As a member of that fan base I hope these rumors are true.

7. Edward15

Edward15 To The Toons Of The 2000's!

I personally like to think that Butch is telling the truth, and if that's the case, I'll watch FOP and TUFF Puppy every chance I get!

8. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Possibly... or even, he is getting fed up with all the people asking him on his social networking accounts when or if Danny Phantom is ever going to be brought back. I can only imagine its pretty annoying to draw a TUFF Puppy picture and post it on instagram only for some crazed lunatic fan to tell him its crap and "Where is the Danny?" The wording of his post even has a tone of "Guy's, give me a break, I can't bring Danny Phantom back even if I wanted to" and, like Invader Zim, I wonder if the craziness of those fans is turning him against his own material.

I wouldn't understand why anyone would want Danny Phantom brought back anyway, at least under Hartman. He hasn't been good for years, his jokes and plots are just increasingly cringeworthy as he tries to be as "so random" and "off the wall" as possible, instead coming off as a corny old grandpa trying to be hip. And his huge love for dogs all of a sudden.... as I said in the FOP thread, if he ever brought Danny Phantom back the first thing he would do was give Danny a ghost dog.

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

While I like Danny Phantom and all, I mean the show kind of ran its course and had a definitive ending. Much like Kim Possible did. Everything was wrapped up and basically ended, something we don't always see in animated shows like this.

Why do we need to see more? I mean yeah it might be fun, but then it also runs risk of ruining the almost perfect ending it had.

Like why continue Inuyasha after the end? Literally all the loose ends were tied and everything has been resolved.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or at least, bring back the ghost dog from that one episode.
    But yeah, I can understand how annoying it is for people to constantly ask you to bring something back, whether you moved on or not, or through various other means. And even when they bring it back, people will remember how bad the third season was and will later wish they had let the series die. But the fans will never stop begging until that happens.

I still think they should license a comic book instead. They're all the rage these days.

11. rrulez

rrulez New Member

Actually I think a comic book would be a great idea! Hartman could do a lot of cool things with that and as far as my understanding goes the licensing and regulations for comics aren't as strict as they are for animated shows. While I'm thankful for everything Nick does, Hartman wouldn't have them breathing down his shoulder if he did a comic. At least not so much as if they were to continue the show. And DP is perfect comic book material with the ghost/superhero theme.

12. Edward15

I don't think Butch is the kind of guy to tease his fan. I think he might be telling the truth about FOP and TP having good ratings will bring back Danny. Who knows what the future will bring.

13. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Ohohoho... You thought wrong. Hartman, especially on twitter, just absolutely loves to rile up his fans and create buzz, especially if there is a week of TUFF Puppy or FOP premieres coming up. In fact, a recent twitter post he pretty much broke and begged Danny Phantom fans to watch TUFF Puppy, its ratings are getting that bad.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is another rumor that has no basis to it and is just Hartman creating buzz and attention for himself, "That wacky creator of FOP and DP has yet ANOTHER cahrayzee idea that involves tarnishing your favorite show's image with bad Drake Bell acting!"

...Well, he IS filming a live action movie again though. A Fairly Odd Summer should be out on Nick around Summer 2014. Get hyped. -_-

14. magicdog

magicdog Active Member

I'd always hoped DP would come back someday - perhaps in a more mature (but animated) form. I wouldn't mind a reboot and start at the beginning. The best thing about DP is that it could be relaunched in many forms - animated series, comics, and even live action. I just wish the show had continued on the darker path Steve Marmel put it on. I think the wackiness of the final season really hurt it and things could have been done differently.

15. Edward15

16. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Thought it was just a fan page but since it says it's official page from nickelodeon yet i don't know much about it wherever is true or not.

17. Edward15

If that's right, then it looks like what But said wasn't all talk after all. Still, I'm surprised this thread isn't swamped with comments regarding what I said.

18. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

I guess, the numbers of time we read of news/rumors about DP new episodes, it became a bit like the tale of "the boy who cried wolf", no one believe it anymore when it's finally true.

19. My plea to Hartman

:Ddear mr hartman i have been a fan of danny phantom for most of my life since when it first began i have been glued to the tv watching every episode you really made a series that touched and inspired me with your main character danny but if you do make a new movie i strongly ask you pllllllleeeeeeaaaasssssse make it later in to Danny and sams relationship i want to see that go further and see how happy they are make them older make them more mature and since you mention live action techinice has a good fan fiction episode where techince meets a girl exactly like him or maybe the ghost king could return i just want to see them in a detailed relationship and i will be grinning and please do not make it like that terrible Jake bell fairly odd parents movie cause that was so damn awful i stopped watching that show that wanted to keep danny young and then they go and drop that movie making him 26 where you wanted to make Danny age so the dark stuff would work so much better and the romance was deeper but i still cried the first time i saw danny and sam kiss it was so wonderful thank you for changing my life hartman please make season 4 and make this movie the grand finale i know you wanted please

one of your most deep and closest fans

Mark Clement

P.S danny phantom forever going ghost and kicking butt

20. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

So is there any news about this, or did this project die?