1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Butch Hartman hints new Danny Phantom movie on the way

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by alfa9delta, May 3, 2013.

1. Edward15

Edward15 To The Toons Of The 2000's!

Well, maybe Butch will get a bigger budget for this one. You know Danny Phantom requires better special effects. Or better yet, maybe it'll get a theatrical release.

2. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

While DP along with IZ is probably the only Nicktoon which has a large enough nostalgia base to make its return profitable the live action movie is a bad idea.Not that I wouldn't watch it. Now only the most successful Nicktoons get theatrical films and DP is on the border there and DP would be a pretty expensive movie to make live action because you need to make the ghost zone the ghosts and their powers all seem real and that costs a lot of money.Any DP movie would probably get a lower budget than the FOP ones(which were intended to be theatrical)and you can see how using CGI to create the Fairys and magical world worked out. A DP movie would be a much more daunting challenge and would have probably less money to do it. DP might be my favorite show ever and I've been dying for it to come back but a DP live action movie to wrap up the open plot points of the series is a gamble that could only work if all the stars align and in the Nick world they rarely do.

3. Edward15

Now, Butch didn't say that the movie would continue where the series left off. Perhaps the film will be a continuity reboot and retell how Danny got his powers, with the plot being a bit more believable.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If the film is live-action, it should definetly be a retelling of his origin. If its animated, it should be a continuation with a time-skip. Like a six months to a year after Phantom Planet.

5. rrulez

rrulez New Member

That would be amazing! Hopefully animated but I guess we'll just have to see!

6. StellaMagic

StellaMagic Active Member

It could even be about Danny's life after people found out, like his daughter taking the mantle of superhero.

7. Edward15

I vote for the retelling of Danny's origin. I have an imagining where Danny's origin is more believable and counts for Vlad's origin too.

Jack works at a company run by his old college buddy Vlad (who established his empire through an organized crime organization), who secretly despises Jack for proposing to Maddie before he could. Anyway, Jack takes Danny to his job one day to show that he is working on a project of harnessing a new energy source: ecto-energy. However, something goes wrong and the machine focusing the energy is about to explode. As everyone clears out, Danny sees Vlad has gotten trapped and runs back to save him. Just as the machine explodes and the energy fills the room, Danny tackles Vlad to the ground, and while Vlad absorbs a portion of the energy, Danny gets a bigger dose. The two survive, unknowing that their lives have forever changed.

What do you think?

8. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

That's a cool idea, I especially like the idea of Vlad running a crime organization. However, I like how in the original series Vlad had had his powers 20 more years than Danny. It made him more threatening and made for good drama.

But, yeah, whether this is live-action or animated, just a single movie or testing the waters for a new series, I want it to be a retelling of the origin or a reboot because I really didn't like where Season 3 went and so I would not want a continuation of that. I would rather them just start over.

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

This. I would want them to start over as well. Hopefully though, they don't try to re-tell the same story/stories, and instead come up with new stories to tell.

10. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

How about a rebooting from another point of divergence? Like rebooting where season 3 beginned in a way similar like the Zeta Gundam compilation movie who did a retelling of the end of the Zeta Gundam saga.

I also pondered a wishlist of actors who could be in the movie in a Deviantart journal entry but I really jumped the gun on this one. ^^;

11. alfa9delta

alfa9delta Hey, Where's Perry ?

I don't think a reboot starting for a point of the show would work out. We can't forget that the show was for kids, and so will the movie. A new storytelling of something that already happened would be confusing if not from the beginning.
    I vote for a reboot of Danny's origin, like they do in movie adaptations of comics superheroes.

12. Edward15

Who'd you want as who?

13. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

For Jack Fenton, I thought of Kevin James or French-Canadian actor Remy Girard.

Maddie Fenton: Christine Taylor

Jazz Fenton: Julie Gonzalo

Dash Baxter: Trevor O'Brien, when I chcked this picture on IMDB, his haircolors remenisced of Dash Baxter.

Originally, I thought then the DA live-action could be set a couple of years later after the finale. I imagined Justin Long as Danny Fenton/Phantom. For Sam Manson; I go a bit outside of the box for this one: Cherie van der Merwe, an actress from South Africa who starred in a movie titled Bakgat.

Mr. Lancer: Marius Weyers

Tucker: Tyler J. Williams

Jeremy Manson: 1st choice Kevin Sorbo, 2nd choice Matthew McConaughey

Pamela Manson: Kate Bekinsale

And for Dark Danny, I thought of Matt Damon and Alec Baldwin for the role of Vlad Plasimus. But I really doubt then Viacom might release the purses to hire them.

14. Edward15

Let's just hope they're willing to open their wallets enough for this live action thing to be a hit.

15. Edward15

What about Will Smith's son?

16. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Hate to spoil all the fun and speculation in here, but just as I suspected Hartman has yet to follow up on anything about this, meaning he is likely just blowing smoke just like the countless other times he's hinted Danny Phantom was coming back.

MAYBE we might get something at ComicCon 2013, but any later than that and I'd advise just letting this rumor die.

17. Edward15

Oh, come on, let us dream. Perhaps we can look at Butch's silence as building up suspense, keeping the project underwraps.

18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Nickelodeon says there are no plans for Danny Phantom right now and that Butch Hartman is busy with Fairly Odd Parents for now.

19. Edward15

1) Where'd you get your info?

2) Nick may not have plans, but it's not to say Butch doesn't.

20. specspi

specspi Sentai #1 Fan